PDA

View Full Version : introduction and introspection

mkp
09-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Hello. My name is Maggie, and I think I'm a switch, and I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual, and I really have no idea what I'm doing here; sorry if I ramble incoherently, but I'm really nervous and having to turn off my self-censor just to get this written.

Submission really appeals to me: it turns me on, and there's a psychological appeal to having someone loving you enough to care for you and even discipline you if necessary.

By the same token, I find the thought of dominating someone really hot, esp. the thought of watching someone come completely undone and knowing I did that! I took them there! I also like taking care of people, so the psychological aspect has an appeal also.

However, at this point in my life, I'm still not that good at taking care of myself, much less anyone else, so I don't think I'd want to dominate full-time, although I'd probably enjoy being given control of particular scenes.

The point's rather moot as I'm single, a virgin, and not likely to change either of those facts anytime soon. I'm only 20, and what do I know about sex? I read way too much erotica and informational websites, and it seems like I'm ALWAYS horny; stupid hormones...oh dear. This is terribly embarrassing. I hope I'm not too much of a bore, and hopefully at some point I'll get unflustered enough to make coherent remarks and actually contribute to this community. I am good at listening and logic and the like...also, am v. good at alliteration. (english major)

peace,
Maggie

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Totally don't be nervous. This is an awesome forum with all kinds of info and friendly people who will answer any questions you have. If you have questions or just wanna talk pm me :-)

mkp
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Thank you. I don't know why this is so hard for me--I'm generally very good at talking about sexuality and things of that nature, but this is really freaking me out for some reason and I don't know how to make it stop.

Walker_In_The_Wild
09-14-2008, 05:30 PM
First of all let me welcome you to the forums. We're a friendly lot and with enough free time on our hands to share our experiences, emotions and knowledge with you on your journey through the lifestyle.

That being said, my name is Vic and if you need someone to talk to within your general age bracket, send me a message.

Enjoy your stay.

-Vic

(Edit for missing words.)

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
lol no worries babe :-) well the easiest way for something to not freak you out is to learn all you can about it. This is the best place to start, at least in my opinion. Just look through the forums, you'll see how cool everybody is and they're totally supportive. And there's nothing wrong with not knowing what you want. You can try both and decide what you want. You don't have to be labeled Dom, switch or sub cuz there's so many shades of grey.

WodaSoul
09-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Hello maggie, Im new to this forum as well, i just wanted to say hi and that these people are very nice and helpful. sage says that im a sub but since im just an 18 year old virgin i will not know until i get some experience. im a psych major by the way.

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-14-2008, 06:05 PM
lol i did not say you're a sub i said if i had to guess i'd say you were.

DowntownAmber
09-14-2008, 06:18 PM
I was a virgin until I was nearly 23, an English Major, and started out with strong urges to both Dom and sub.

Clearly, I settled in and turned out just fine... ;)

This community is very knowledgeable and helpful, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and relax into the process of learning and contributing. I, for one, am looking forward to chatting with you.

Take care.

angelic.zest
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
welcome to the community!

rosebud
09-14-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi hun, Warm welcome hugs and ready to chat anytime! Enjoy!

Ozme52
09-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Maggie, maturely mull the major modes of modern masochism and you might become magnificent.

:wel

denuseri
09-14-2008, 09:39 PM
wellcome to the site

we are so very happy to have you here, the forums are full of great information on bdsm, as well as having a very nice personels section and chatroom

feel free to pm any of the staff or myself with conserns or questions, we are more than willing to lend a hand

hope to see more of you soon
have lots of fun exploring the site
hugs and kissess
denuseri

mkp
09-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone! good to know others are still figuring things out. I mean, obviously, on an intellectual level I already know that, but emotionally, it's always good to hear from people with similar issues.

Especial thanks to Ozme52 for that awesome bit of alliteration. You totally made my day when I read that. :D

mkp
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks, DowntownAmber. It means a lot to know that life can get less confusing. :P

And thanks to PropertyofMasterJoey for all your reassurances! I'm not sure I'd have gotten up the courage to keep posting if not for your quick & amazingly friendly welcome.

Peace,
Maggie

PropertyOfMasterJoey
09-15-2008, 03:23 PM
aw shucks you made me blush :-P lol no prob babe glad you decided to stick around.

ReddishShift
09-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi from another switch (male). Feel free to email me if you are interested. I like to be quite extreme which ever side of the slash I happen to be on at the time - and you sound ...interesting...

Tufty
09-16-2008, 01:36 PM
Hello and :wel to the Forums

MrDom
09-16-2008, 01:40 PM
hi and welcome