PDA

View Full Version : F is for fireplay

icey
09-17-2008, 03:49 AM
i wrote this some time ago, i dont know if its of any help to anyone but decided to post it.

disclaimer
This is for tips and safety precautions, I am in no way an expert and can only offer information based on my own knowledge and experience. It is just a basic guideline,
I strongly recommend you gather as much information as possible. Use all safety precautions at all times.
Fire play is an erotic form of S & M play which consists of applying fire on a CONSENTING partner's NAKED body for very short periods of time.

It is one of the more extreme forms of what is generally termed edge play, and is definitely not suitable for S/M beginners, unless you are confident and are playing with an experienced and trustworthy partner. As with all BDSM play you should always discuss and negotiate until each party is clear beforehand.

Before playing you should have every precaution to hand, it is too late to run for the fire extinguisher or any other means of first aid should something go wrong! I would like to stress that although you may find it little off putting you should keep in mind at all time's the possibility of an accident. If at all possible the most sensible and protective measure to take is have a fire extinguisher at the ready. If you don't have one then a large container of water is a suitable replacement.

Play in an area that is well ventilated and not flammable (i.e. do not play on a bed, sofa or carpet) Both the Dominant and submissive should have his/her hair tied back (it is not advisable to have applied any hair spray,body make-up or any other inflammable materials ..such as scent etc) and be fully unclothed to prevent the possibility of any wandering flame taking a hold. Have a large wet blanket or rug close to contain a naked flame if the fire should stray.

Should any burns occur it is useful to be able to recognise the different forms of burns and be able to treat them immediately. First degree burns are characterised by localised redness, use cold water and keep the burn covered with cool clean cloths, applying aloe-vera and or mineral oil can help soothe any discomfort.

Second-degree burns are recognised by signs of blistering. You should not burst the blisters simply keep them clean, do not apply any coverings or creams/lotion's.

Third degree burn's are the severest, you should always seek medical attention particularly if the burns cover a large area. Cover with a clean cloth (linen is best).

If playing with alcohol it is possible to extinguish the flame or stop it straying by using your hand if you do plan on this it's a good idea to apply a water based solution/lubricant to your hands before starting play.
Any body hair in the area you are applying fire to will 'scorch' and cause a smell (another good reason to use a well-ventilated room).

Flash cotton is great for playing with, it creates a quick flash of heat and lovely bright flash of fire. Use a stick such as those used to light bbq's to light the cotton with. The thicker and larger the cotton is the higher the temperature and the heat will be retained for longer. Using long strips and twisting the cotton will keep the torch burning for much longer. To make the torches use dowels about 13/15 inches long, and 3 to 4 inches in diameter. Sand the bottom down making sure there are no splinters or rough edges then about 2 inches from the end score all the way around. To prevent burning brush down with linseed oil (paper towels are best). Take an appropriate length of gauze fold it in the correct place (you will be able to judge this when preparing) keeping an even thickness. Put pure cotton wool balls in the centre of the gauze pads fold over the dowel Make sure the pad goes past the scoring on the dowel. Use waxed string to tie the pad securely into place and cut any loose ends. Dip the torch into alcohol, the best fluid to be used in fire play is rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) no higher than 70%. Simply blow out the torch when you are finished. They can be used again if you squeeze out any surplus alcohol and keep them in a plastic bag stored safely in a cool place.

For obvious reasons don't place inside the vagina, anus or nose, these are extremely sensitive and mucous areas, which will also create more heat and last much longer. Don't concentrate on one area of the body for any length of time. Remember fire travels upwards so keep your hand above the area you have applied the alcohol and don't put the fire out downwards. Keep a glass of cold water close by.

Try lightly patting the submissives skin with your torch, many people find the back, in particular the lower back and inner thighs to be a very erogenous zone. Don't go above the shoulders. When passing the torch close to or even better over the desired area it produces a very strong and intense stimulation. Blowing on the flame radiates the flame and will almost certainly have the submissive writhing in ecstasy although do not allow him/her to move too close to the flame Another caution is not to use restraints, many are flammable and the metal variety heats to a high temperature and can cause very nasty burns! Always ensure there is no dripping of alcohol onto the body, the Dominants body and clothing or the area upon which you are playing.

You can also experiment by brushing the alcohol onto the skin and lighting it with the torch. When confidant playing this way try brushing creative patterns onto the skin, (the back is best) This makes for some very startling and pretty effects with the blue flame. Blindfold the submissive and apply ice cubes or objects that have been placed beforehand in the fridge or freezer, it will startle the submissive and is great if you enjoy psychological play. When you have finished playing make sure to clean all areas and apply soothing lotion, although the lotion is not necessary it helps to prevent any dryness of the skin from forming.

Two other cheap and fun variations are "hair mousse" and "indoor sparklers". The cheaper hair mousses seem to work best,this is due to the slight amount of extra water they contain. Shake the can well and place a very small amount on the submissive and light,this burns well and fairly slowly,to begin with it produces a cold(ish) sensation but once the submissive starts to feel the heat come through it gets hot pretty quickly and he/she should make the Dominant aware at once. To distinguish the flame use a damp clean cloth. Indoor Sparklers are often sold at party shops or sometimes wedding service provider outlets.
To use simply light the sparkler and quickly tap or lightly touch the naked flesh, contact should be fleeting do not hold to the skin, make sure the ''sparkles'' are kept clear from the neck,face,eyes and hair.

BrightFyrefly
09-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Dip the torch into alcohol, the best fluid to be used in fire play is rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) no higher than 70%.

I have been a fire dancer for 3 years and have done fire play in public and in private. I just wanted to give a little bit of information that might be helpful since I disagree on this comment. Rubbing alcohol burns at a higher temp and for a shorter period of time than my preferred fuel, Coleman's white gas. It's a vapor fuel, so it burns just above the skin and it burns a little longer, leaving pretty patterns. You still feel the heat, but it's less likely to burn.

Note: Wipe skin thouroughly after any fireplay, especially if you have sensitive skin. Rashes from fire play SUCK, no matter what you use.

icey
09-28-2008, 04:46 AM
thanks for the tips :)
im not an expert and dont want it to appear that im trying to be, nor am i a fire dancer lol much as id love to be that must be great!
i wont disagree that you are much better informed than me and please dont get me wrong im not disputing what you say, we only 'learnt' what we know from visiting a lot of demos, research and much careful practice and have never had a problem with using alcohol and luckily ive never had any burns or rashes related to it thankfully.
the alcohol is applied to the 'torch' and not directly to the skin and as you say burns for a much shorter period of time (unless you were to drench it in the stuff causing dripping) and it does not have time to 'soak' into the skin and burns its self out very quickly on the surface, its not intended for a more lasting effect but simply follows the 'trail' and self extiungishes as rapidly as it travels.
and if something SHOULD go wrong as with any fuel used then thats what all the precautions are there for

ive had nothing but positive experiences,but like anything bdsm especially something so risky we're fully aware there's always that possibility.

anything you can advise/share i for one would be really interested the more info and play suggestions the better :)