PDA

View Full Version : Where have I been? (Sorry for my absence.)

underwhere
09-23-2008, 06:35 PM
It's been a while since I've been here. The reasons are all technical, and a combination of foolishness and cleverness on my end. First, the clever part. :)

My internet service provider was having consistent DNS issues. To circumvent this problem, I was utilizing the hosts file on my windows machine to give me a direct route to the most frequently viewed websites I go to. Well, that was a great idea, except that when the BDSM library or its web hosting provider changed its IP address (something it only occurred to me to check today), I was no longer able to visit this site, so it also proved quite foolish. I even inquired on Yahoo Answers as to whether or not the BDSM library was still functioning, and was told it was though I could only get a "server configured successfully" message, and probably confused the webmaster of that site when trying to contact him as a result of my troubles.

Anyway, logic resurfaced today, and I managed to check my hosts file and unassigned an IP to bdsmlibrary.com and was able to get back in. :) YAY!

So anyway, I'm back and hope to be spending a bit more time around here now that I won't be having my technical problems.

I see that I was invited to level 2 in my absence, but I'd really like to complete my last level 1 assignment (since I never actually finished it) before prancing over to level 2. I had a lot of work to do there to make that piece better, and I really want to complete that first. (If I'm repeating myself, just let me know. Of course, if I'm repeating myself, .... ;) )

For those who wondered where I went, now you know. For those who didn't wonder, well, now you know too. :)

Humbly yours in writing submission,
underwhere

Venom
09-27-2008, 06:53 AM
Welcome back...!

Aussiegirl1
10-14-2008, 02:01 AM
I will look forward to seeing you in Level 2, it is very, very quiet there right now!

Aussiegirl
level two instructor

pejanon
10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
A very belated welcome back.

I am looking forward to see the last version of "Secret Revealed".
In the meant time you can start on level 2 too.

underwhere
11-15-2008, 01:44 PM
AAAAAAAA! LIFE!

I promise, really I do, that I will get around to these writing tasks. I miss being a part of this community, but I've been heavily involved in a few personal things. I do hope to get back on track over here. Otherwise, somebody might have to come over and....um....oh, never mind. :)

Oak
11-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Welcome back.Nothing like strange computer problems to keep one alive.. Are you a blonde too?:rolleyes: