PDA

View Full Version : breathplay...

Willsubmit2
10-01-2008, 06:34 PM
My Dom is an expert at breathplay and I just thought I'd get a few view points on the subject...and yes, we realize it's dangerous, but it's a HUGE fetish of mine...;ha

SubmissiveDoll
10-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Huge one for me too. Not sure what you're looking for though.

CookieMan
10-01-2008, 07:04 PM
As far as tips and tricks...Just remember to RELAX!!!! If you let yourself panic or freak out, you're going to really go nuts. Remember the mantra...breathe-in through the ears, out through the eyes.

icey
10-02-2008, 01:54 AM
i love brathplay and it's extremely rare we dont use it, the best part is when you're goin g to cum :) it makes such a difference and really heightens the sensations it can also make me cum on its own as well.
as you said it is very dangerous and although any fatalities are very low it has the highest mortality % of any bdsm activities.
people often over look the fact that problems can occur hours after playing, the lack of supply of oxygen to the brain doesnt always take affect immediately.
more than with anything else keep a very close eye on the sub for some time afterwards and ANY sign of something being not quite right, get it checked out.

this article by jay wiseman is well worth checking out.
http://epedominion.net/HealthSafty/breath.htm

DiablosLittleOne
10-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I've also very much enjoyed breathplay over the years, more so most recently. I have to say that I'm thrilled to know that I'm not alone in my enjoyment; I was afraid to say anything the first time I realized how much I liked it for fear of being looked down upon.

I do agree that it can be very dangerous if not done in a safe manner. I'd never wish for Master to take me to the brink of passing out for fear of never waking up again, but I trust him enough to know that he'd never allow for that to happen.

I'm interested in what others find so enjoyable about it. I happen to like the pressure upon my neck/throat and the idea that in allowing him to grab me in such a way is a show of my submissiveness to him. I find the release of power very erotic and the example of his strength makes me weak in the knees. Just the thought of it makes me want to run to the bedroom and get ready to play! ;)

LilJennyLynn
10-03-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm interested in what others find so enjoyable about it. I happen to like the pressure upon my neck/throat and the idea that in allowing him to grab me in such a way is a show of my submissiveness to him. I find the release of power very erotic and the example of his strength makes me weak in the knees. Just the thought of it makes me want to run to the bedroom and get ready to play! ;)

I agree with this 100%. I find any pressure on my neck one of my biggest turn ons. Even in past Vanilla relationships I always hinted that they should grab my neck. Breathplay for me is literally like saying "take my life in your hands." It takes a lot of trust, but I've never done it to the point of passing out.
It's a total lack of power and one of the most vulnerable locations on my body, it get's me off like you can't imagine.

~blue~
10-03-2008, 07:23 AM
As long as you remember the safe word...err...motion, then you should be fine.

I'm not as big a fan of the life endangering kinks, but I do understand their appeal to others. Whiel I agree it is a form of complete submission, and even though most of the D's Ive been with I have trusted without a doubt, sometimes, people can be enjoying themselves too much and can take it to far, or something can go wrong. Hence why I stay away from the dangerous ones.

violett
10-03-2008, 02:15 PM
thank you for starting this thread - as I have found out the reality of breathplay is far better than the fantasy I've always had - and it must be with someone you trust 100%

shyslut
10-03-2008, 02:18 PM
Sometimes I think i really do want to play hard with breath play. Right up to the point where i might pass out. Having read that article by jay wiseman we decided it was really too dangerous. I to just enjoy the pressure on my neck. So we compromised. Hell choke me just to the point where I can still freely breathe. But it takes lots of effort and I sound funny. Hell keep me there no more than a couple minutes. But also having read the article Dom changed the way he used his hand to do it so he doesn't press carotids or the vagus nerves only the airway.

BrightFyrefly
10-04-2008, 09:34 AM
My Dom is an expert at breathplay and I just thought I'd get a few view points on the subject...and yes, we realize it's dangerous, but it's a HUGE fetish of mine...;ha

Prior to being with my Master, I didn't even think of breathplay...never even crossed my mind as something that could be a turn on. I was missing so much at that point in time...

Now, I love knowing that he has complete control and power over me. The pressure, and light-headedness...*sigh*

Veronika
11-25-2008, 06:39 AM
As a person who has struggled with an illness for a long time and have waited to be fully alive again - I cannot understand people who play with their life volunteerly. It's as if you don't understand how precious life is and how fragile and short it can be. But maybe it's different for people who never had to face death. I just know that I want to live as long as I can.

SubmissiveDoll
11-25-2008, 08:23 AM
As a person who has struggled with an illness for a long time and have waited to be fully alive again - I cannot understand people who play with their life voluntarily. It's as if you don't understand how precious life is and how fragile and short it can be. But maybe it's different for people who never had to face death. I just know that I want to live as long as I can.

It's not the threat of death or injury that is exciting about it. Yes, it's exciting to be that totally submissive to someone, but there is more. If you want to go into the physical aspect of breath play, we can. Oxygen, we need it, or we die. However, mild hyperventilation is a way for your body to react to certain circumstances that may occur. Oxygen deprivation releases endorphins and adrenalin which heightens all physical sensation and raises blood pressure. When your blood pressure is up, you are able to be more physically aroused. Many of us in BDSM sexual styles are aroused by adrenaline. For whatever reason that may be. Some see it as a mental illness, though apparently not in Sweden anymore.

I'm not explaining this well, I haven't had enough coffee. But breath play isn't about the threat of death. And while yes it's dangerous... if we look into it medically.. what actually causes death when oxygen deprivation is involved? Heart Failure! Not lack of oxygen. Why does your heart stop? Because it couldn't take the sudden burst of adrenaline. Because you aren't used to it.

Most articles filed by people involved in a breath play accident or death report it was the first time they did it, and/or they had only done it a few times, and were generally 'vanilla'. Not that they say the word vanilla, but they make it a point to stress that they don't normally do anything else like that. Not saying only vanilla people will get hurt... what I am saying is... the oxygen deprevation isn't what is going to hurt someone. It's the heart failure that generally occurs 20 after the event, when your body begins to relax again.

If raised adrenaline is a part of your sex on a regular basis, I'd think you'd be at a much lower risk for harm. And if you follow all the guidelines to protect yourself.

I'm sorry to hear you had a physical issue that brought you that close to death. I'm sure you aren't the only one, actually I'm certain of it. I don't understand a lot of fetishes people have. But, what I do understand is that we are all different and have the right to indulge in any activity we wish so long as it's consensual.

bpqueen
11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Breath Control is one of my only fetishes, and my new Master discovered this the very first day we were together! When the pressure of his hands around my throat grows, my thoughts slow down and my mind becomes clear. The submissive in me finds her quiet and peaceful happy place here and trusts her Master completely to know when the experience is at an apex. While I prefer carotid pressure breath control, he uses the more dangerous windpipe method because I suspect he likes the heightened control with one hand. As my thoughts are always jumbled and racing, I tend to schitz out often and this is an instant way for my Master to clear my head and get my complete attention.

I couldn't tell you when I first discovered that I liked breath control so much, but I have always liked the feeling of the building of pressure associated with carotid pressure that I can cause to myself. Bringing it into sexual activity was natural for me. I agree that the Wiseman article is worth a read, and there are other sites out there that a simple google search will bring you to for other methods of breath control play. The deviant's dictionary has a good entry, for instance. I would post the link but can't yet :-(

Anyway, thanks for posting this thread! I've been trying to find others for a few weeks now.

SubmissiveDoll
11-25-2008, 11:17 AM
Breath Control is one of my only fetishes, and my new Master discovered this the very first day we were together! When the pressure of his hands around my throat grows, my thoughts slow down and my mind becomes clear. The submissive in me finds her quiet and peaceful happy place here and trusts her Master completely to know when the experience is at an apex. While I prefer carotid pressure breath control, he uses the more dangerous windpipe method because I suspect he likes the heightened control with one hand. As my thoughts are always jumbled and racing, I tend to schitz out often and this is an instant way for my Master to clear my head and get my complete attention.

I love how vividly you describe this. And I agree I prefer the carotid, but the windpipe is nice on occasion. I know how you feel at the time, and it was great to read it from someone elses perspective.

denuseri
11-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I have faced death before. I have stared it right in the face too many times to count while I was in the hands of some very bad people for a period of time a few years ago.

I survived.

Fortunately I have managed to find a way to enjoy breath play again despite it.

It is one more thing on a long list of things I am slowly recovering.

For me it is a combination of things that make it arousing, from the ritual signifigance to the physical.

It is symbolically signifigant to me, that my very life is placed within the hands of my Owner, both in theory as well as practice.

My life for his~ His life for mine.

jezabel
11-25-2008, 12:36 PM
i love breath play...its having total trust in my Master that He will not take it too far and He will look after me.

im literally putting my life in His hands....surely the most trusting thing a sub can do for her Dom.

SauvagePouline
11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
mmmm breath play... I like it indeed, although i think in a slightly milder form that some here.

I love the feel of his hand on my throat, regardless of pressure. It is so very dominant, i can't do anything but comply. And if he puts enough pressure on to inhibit breathing, it is even more so. He has control and i know it. We've never done enough for me to receive any kind of physical pleasure though, just psychological. :)

BrightFyrefly
11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Other than the complete submission of having my Master's hands around my throat, I also agree that the pressure and lack of oxygen makes orgasm so much above and beyond what it is normally...*sigh*

TwstdKittie
11-27-2008, 02:46 AM
I happen to really like it. He tends to be really uncomfortable with anything, even a shirt, too close to His throat, so He's kind of having a hard time really letting Himself grab me by the throat. But I've shown Him the best place to hold and I'm never in a position (figuratively, of course) to not let Him know if I need Him to stop. Plus He pays attention! Yay!