PDA

View Full Version : Very New - Quick Question

learner boy
07-01-2004, 05:29 AM
Hi,
I have just made contact with a dominant woman and made it be known that I want to be her sub.
How should i write to her to start with?? Why are capitals very important??
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

woodsman'sgame
07-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Capitals are used to shout something in on line speech. For example, If I were angry I would write,

LEAVE ME ALONE! or some such thing.

So, don't write in all capitals. Use capitals like they are supposed to be used: at the beginning of sentences and with proper names. I would never use all caps when speaking to a Dom.

Many Dommes and Doms like to capitalize the first letter of their name and use a small letter for the sub's name. This is not really important to all doms, especially one who is serious and not just playing dom.

As far as how to speak to your Domme, well as a submissive I would start by being polite and honest about my thoughts and feelings. I would let the Dom guide me. I would ask questions so I could learn how to better serve him/her, always being sure that it was ok with him first, of course. A good Dom/Domme will guide you and answer your questions as you learn to serve him/her.

Dslave
07-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Write her with honesty. Explain where you are at with things, where you have been, and where you want to go. Caps are used generally as they would be in any other form, though some prefer the word Domme to be in caps and of course their name or title. Like, let's say she will become your Mistress, I would cap that. But it all depends on her. Speak to her about it, really, she is the one that you are trying to please not us and all Dommes are different.

slavelucy
07-01-2004, 09:18 AM
Firstly, i see this is your first post, so welcome to the forums! (why not come over to the new members thread in General Talk and say hi?)

In terms of your question, i agree with Dslave, i'd capitalize 'Mistress' unless she asks you to do otherwise. Other than that, the use/none use of caps and general ettiquette in your D/s relationship should be something you both work out (or she'll tell you), as everyone differs. Some people like to use caps all the time for 'You' 'i' etc etc, others might only use it at certain times and others don't like to use it at all.

sl

Barton
07-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Well used manners are the best thing. And be honest in what you say.

Barton