PDA

View Full Version : Why Obama?

Ragoczy
10-05-2008, 12:39 PM
With the American Presidential election less than a month away, I've noticed again, as in elections past, that there's a serious dearth of real discussion on the issues and the candidates' positions. Instead, there's scandal and innuendo and 30-second ads and slogans.

What I'd like to propose is that those of you who plan on voting for Barack Obama articulate your reasons for doing so and engage in a serious, issues-oriented dialog -- and I'm creating another thread for those who support John McCain (Ron Paul, Ralph Nader and Cynthia McKinnie supporters are welcome to create their own threads).

I'd like to ask that the topic of the thread be real, substantive policies the candidate has endorsed or said he'll implement and a discussion of why those policies would be good choices for America (and reasoned debate by those who disagree) -- not generic slogans like "Change We Can Believe In" or "Country First". If the campaign slogan is your best reason for picking a President, I'd suggest that you have no business voting in the first place.