PDA

View Full Version : Handmade leather floggers

myri_SN
07-02-2004, 09:03 AM
hi

just wondering how well handmade leather flogger would sell as i started making some, the i got so far is the first one i made, it's very long so the next one was smaller with a different handle. and the ones i am making now for sale will be in blue, well at least the first batch will be. all i wanted to know was opinions on how well they would sell. :o

Dslave
07-02-2004, 11:23 AM
That's a very nice flogger. The one thing that is important for me is if it is made to withstand alot of use. Some floggers are really flimsy and weak. Yours looks really well done, though. And, what I personally like about it is that it has alot of character. It isn't something you see everywhere. Which is what I would also consider important. It is also very important for the handle or "grip" to be comfortable. That is why I usually like to be able to hold the piece in my hand before buying it. But not sure everyone is like that. The question really would be for you. How long does it take for you to make one and what is it worth to you? The one thing about doing something for a biz is you have to enjoy it and you have to make it affordable but also make enough money to cover your time and trouble (and supplies). I have a friend that makes beautiful bondage gear but he doesn't sell it because it would cost far too much to make (in time and money) and you can only sell things for so much unless it is a specialty item. Specialty items you can usually sell for more. How would you sell it, through a website or an auction or some other way?

myri_SN
07-02-2004, 04:05 PM
right now i would only sell to people i know or talk to a lot online. and i love making them plus i still haven't got a job so i need the money and need something to do or i go nuts.

Kalluss
07-02-2004, 04:50 PM
The url is for a smartgroup on flogger making. There you'll see many wonderful examples of folk's craftsmanship, as well as a couple of PDF's.

I highly reccommend the FNorman lessons.pdf for a fledgling flogger plaiter. If nothing else, the pictures are pretty.

Kal

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/flogger

pagan switch
07-02-2004, 05:00 PM
I think it's beautiful. I'd love to have one like that.

albear
07-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I think it's beautiful, very distinctive. I like the stud thingies on the handle. Maybe you could try to eBay it? Although sad truth is that it probably won't fetch as much as it deserves on eBay.

PS What are the chances of getting it in purple? ;)

myri_SN
07-03-2004, 02:17 AM
I think it's beautiful, very distinctive. I like the stud thingies on the handle. Maybe you could try to eBay it? Although sad truth is that it probably won't fetch as much as it deserves on eBay.

PS What are the chances of getting it in purple? ;)

well i couldnt get anymore dark red leather and the clue leather i bought yesterday was the only colour that looked nice (unless someone likes babypink or green?), and this was the first and master said he didn't like to grip the nails ont he handle hence on my second i was weaving the leather to a pattern (gives a cushioned grip :D ), no nails on the handle except to hold the braids to it. also this one has a 12" inch handle, he wanted a long one but then it turned out to be too heavy so the new ones have 8" handle and are much easier to use.
i'll post a picture maybe later today, of the first blue one. :D

myri_SN
07-03-2004, 02:51 AM
oh, been told by a friend who sells lot son ebay that people selling floggers and similar get banned from using it. they don't like toys there :( , also i can't register SN's address with ebay and use it to sell bondage gear. so right now i will just sell to people i know via cheque.

LickmyBoot22
07-03-2004, 08:48 AM
Great flogger, there is a nice auction place that I have used to buy some nice things from a man in Australia. It is better than ebay and the prices are fair (as auctions go)
http://www.fetishauctioneer.com/auctions.htm
Good luck, what a fun way to make some extra cash and making something that people will really appreciate!

myri_SN
07-03-2004, 08:56 AM
ta, will have a look but i guess as long as i can't have my own address to register to get a paypal account i can't sell internationally, need to rely on people sending cheques :(

LickmyBoot22
07-03-2004, 09:16 AM
I wouldn't sweat it, I sell full time on ebay (have for 5 yrs) and I know a lot of people who won't use paypal because paypal abuses a lot of things & isn't good for seller protection. But you can have people send you money from bidpay.com and even still, a lot of people will still send you international money orders or cash. Just be good with customer service and they will love you... just like we all do :p

Dslave
07-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Lickmyboot22 is right. There are many options other than Paypal. And also many other auction places. I have been using www.ebanned.net for years and they actually have other suggestions other than paypal because paypal has a problem with adult auctions and they know it.

myri_SN
07-03-2004, 09:55 AM
i can't use master's address to sign up anywhere hence i can't join any site

myri_SN
07-03-2004, 10:29 AM
as promised the pic of the ones i will sell :D

spirit
07-03-2004, 05:50 PM
they both look wonderful to me :)

myri_SN
07-04-2004, 03:45 AM
ta
blushes :o

Barton
07-04-2004, 08:28 PM
Very nice. Looks like it would hold up well.

Barton

myri_SN
07-05-2004, 11:42 AM
made a small website for them
www.geocities.com/sirneedles_myri :D

tehya
07-18-2004, 11:20 PM
Hi myri,

As a fellow (beginning) crafter of floggers, I have got to tell you that those are just lovely!!! I think there is great potential for your craft! I know someone that would be happy to own just such a piece!!! *giggles*

Good luck to you!
Master's tehya

myri_SN
07-23-2004, 07:11 AM
changed my website, it's now (http://www.freewebs.com/myrisflogger/).
sold one so far and two are paying next week :D
gonna be richhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i wish :rolleyes: :o
oh, came up with new ideas to, will stick them on da website as soon as i made them. ;)

by the way coul doyu do me favour and sign my guestbook if you drop by? i mean critics always good on there (good ones that is, bats eyelashes and looks all cute like the puss in boots in shrek 2 :D )

Garnet99
07-31-2004, 06:53 AM
M,
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried to open your site and can't get past the beautiful opening page. When I click on the link to view the floggers, or to sign your guestbook I just go to that same page. The pictures here are beautiful and I would like to show them to my Master. Please tell me what I might be doing wrong.
Garnet99 :confused:

funtime37
07-31-2004, 02:24 PM
I too am having problems. hope you can correct them seems like a beautiful site.

myri_SN
07-31-2004, 05:01 PM
i don't see a problem, it works perfectly fine for me, the flogger page only got one page and yesterday i put a link to my personal page with the pictures on it. i just tried and it works all fine here. :confused: