PDA

View Full Version : do you know this?

deigja
10-09-2008, 09:46 AM
that a story, and I hope this is the right word, imposes itself on you?

i do not write much and when I do I usually write from a womans perspective in 3rd person.
now i´m working on a story that i felt a strong urge to write. i knew the ending already when i started writing and i could not bring myself to taking up the females perspektive..

Ozme52
10-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes.

I once wrote a multi-person roleplay, set in a hotel owned by a werewolf. The person playing the werewolf disappeared so I took on the personna...

...and everytime I wrote his perspective... I came away shaking, angry, and feeling violent.

deigja
10-09-2008, 07:53 PM
sorry oz, but i do not think this is what I meant.

I just happened to have an idea that I thought was perfekt for a story so I started writing. The story was all finished in my head... I already knew the ending when I started writing, and that is highly unusual for me.
Now the story somehow gained life during my writing. Somewhere I took a turn that I didn´t plan beforehand and now I´m getting further and further away from the original idea.
I wanted to start out by him telling about a journey to a summerhouse, all in past tense, and jump into her perspective once they arrived in the house... the reader should know that he had planned something for her - his contemplation about the drive - and then see how she experiences all this, and she doesn´t know at all what will come. the reader should know only part of the deal, my dom charakter would perhaps change some of his plans or add some details...

like:
"on the journey I thought... did... and now I´m sitting here looking at her bound body, see how she turns her head around insecurely and wonders what will happen to her, well I have some plans for her" jump to her perspektive " i knew master was there.. i felt so...wanted him so urgently to... but he...."

now I started writing and somehow stick to his perspektive. I didn´t even manage to write first person as planned but have a third person...I cannot go back to what I originally wanted to write, even if I still like the idea, I´m just drawn into his perspektive whenever I take up the pen

Still, i like the new story how it is, it just surprises me again and again what happens as even I cannot foretell what will happen until i write it.

I think I´ll finish this and then have another try with the original idea once this is finished... perhaps it will work then, with a slightly changed setting