PDA

View Full Version : Petty Lapel Pin Question

mkemse
10-13-2008, 01:02 AM
This is a fairly Petty Question but are curious about an answer.
When the Campaigns started, everyone seemd to Critisize Obama for NOT wearing an American Flag Pin on his lapel, they said why not, why doewn't he??
My question is, I have never seen John McCain with one on before, or during the Campaign why did nobody that I read about critisize him and just Obama for this.
Yes, this is a Petty question, but the issue of Obama's Patriotism was raised early in the Campaign and now he wears one (most of the time), why does McCain not wear one, and nobody brought that up?
This is NOT to support/or critsize either Candidate but just to get feedback on a simple question

Thanks

denuseri
10-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Actually it is pretty obvious:

Despite the fact that the media slams McCain every chance it gets.

Could the reason they dont attack his patriotism be due to the fact that his reputation and track record in that reguard is impecable,?

I mean he actually has fought and suffered for the American people.

Where as Obama's patriatism has been called into question since the begining by so many people that the media had to address it. Which is no surprise considering the company he keeps and his background. Basically Obama needs to wear the pin and began to do so after it was pointed out to him the need for him to do so.

It is of course a matter of perspective. The media is well aware where they can get thier jibes in and have the people swallow them and where they cannot.

A better question might be why does Obama have his own tv channel for his campaign?

mkemse
10-13-2008, 04:25 AM
Actually it is pretty obvious:

Despite the fact that the media slams McCain every chance it gets.

Could the reason they dont attack his patriotism be due to the fact that his reputation and track record in that reguard is impecable,?

I mean he actually has fought and suffered for the American people.

I agree but so have Millions of other American Solidiers,the fought for their Country, even ended up also as a POW and who knows how many POW's remain alive in the hidden Jungles of Viet Nam I admire and Respect Mccain and cerainly fee for him as a Froemr POW for what he had to have gone through
Where as Obama's patriatism has been called into question since the begining by so many people that the media had to address it. Which is no surprise considering the company he keeps and his background. Basically Obama needs to wear the pin and began to do so after it was pointed out to him the need for him to do so.

It is of course a matter of perspective. The media is well aware where they can get thier jibes in and have the people swallow them and where they cannot.

A better question might be why does Obama have his own tv channel for his campaign?

Bush didn't even serve in the MIlaiatry he "Military Time" wasspent in the National Guard
And having a Stellar Military Carrerseems to me even MORE the reason to wear a Lapel Pin, not less, However having a Steller Military Record in and of itself does NOT automaticly qualify you to be President, if it did we would have a Half Million Qualified people run every 4 years
As far as Obama's "TV Channel" goes. he raised the money, under law he can invest it in as many ads as he wants,

Anf if that background on PObamam is in reguard to that "Left Wing Radical" he was with in the 1960's what the media DOES NOT SAY is that Obamam at the time was olby 8 years old.
You ca not hold a person responisble for EVERY person they knew there whole life, has has denouced REv Right and his "Radical Friend" he could have simply not addressed the issue, but he did he denounced both
He can't fo anything more then that and distance himself from them as opposed to him NOT saying or doing anything
Most people in their lives be the Famous or not have done something wrong in there life, or somethingthey are not proud of it is part of growing

Clinton Has Monica, G. Bush Jr our Current Prsident used families ties to serve in the National Guard and Not in the Army, Navy Air Force or Marines, Jimmy Carter has his drunken Brother

But those they were associated had little if any bearing in MOST cases on their job as Predient, escept possibly for Carter

Being an American Hero should be all the more reason to wear an American Flag Lapel Pin to proudly show your Patriatism not less
And as far as Obama goes, in his friendship iwth Tony Rezko, Resko has said numerous times Obamam did NOTHING wrong
If you have a good friend who you buy a house from then find out they had illegal dealing while you knew them, unless youwere involved in thosedealing that should have NO reflection on you

To me yes, Mccain is an American Hetoe, no question about it, and both Obama and Biden have pointed that out many times but at the same time, so is /was Bruce Jenner and Michael Phelps in thier own way, but does that qua;ify them to be President, I don't think so
BTW JFK had no virtual experience as a Senator twhen he ran for President and he was Roman Cathlc to boot (this is in NO way a meant as an isult to other Roams Cathlics) and because he was nobody felt JFK had a chance in the wolrd to win

thanks for your reply, it is appriciated

Ragoczy
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Anf if that background on PObamam is in reguard to that "Left Wing Radical" he was with in the 1960's what the media DOES NOT SAY is that Obamam at the time was olby 8 years old.

So, by this logic, if I were to run for political office and happened to be friends with Charles Manson (mass-murderer), then that association shouldn't be relevant because he committed those murders when I was eight-years old? The fact that he is a murderer and doesn't repent, but I'm still willing to be friends with him is meaningless?

What you don't say is that Ayers today states that his actions were justified and he wishes he'd done more. And Obama didn't "denounce" the setting of explosives that targeted civilians (by definition, terrorism) until after the media started reporting it.

You ca not hold a person responisble for EVERY person they knew there whole life, has has denouced REv Right and his "Radical Friend" he could have simply not addressed the issue, but he did he denounced both
He can't fo anything more then that and distance himself from them as opposed to him NOT saying or doing anything
Most people in their lives be the Famous or not have done something wrong in there life, or somethingthey are not proud of it is part of growing

No, I can't hold a person responsible for every person they've ever known, but I can question their judgment and moral views based on how they deal with people they've known.

He denounced Rev. Wright after the man's radical views became public knowledge and after initially claiming he wouldn't denounce. So, yes, I question the sincerity of that denouncement. I question whether Obama is telling the truth when he says that he didn't know about Wright's views, views that were expressed for twenty years in the church Obama attended. It's clear to me that Wright hates white people, in general, and I don't want a President who shares those views any more than I'd want a white supremacist in the office.

As for Ayers, the man's a terrorist, set bombs here in the US and is not only unrepentant, but wishes he'd done more. Yet Obama sought the man's advice and never denounced him until it became reported in the mainstream media. I don't want a President who thinks Ayers' actions are okay and only denounces them when the publicity seems to be hurting him, any more than I want a President who would, say, be friends with someone who bombed an abortion clinic twenty years ago and wasn't sorry about it.

If Ayers, today, was saying that he'd been a young, hot-head and he now regretted his actions, I'd have no issue with Obama's association with him, but that's not the case. Ayers still thinks setting bombs in public places is a valid way to achieve political ends, he's said so as recently as 2001 -- I want a President who denounces that behavior before it's politically expedient to do so.

Being an American Hero should be all the more reason to wear an American Flag Lapel Pin to proudly show your Patriatism not less
And as far as Obama goes, in his friendship iwth Tony Rezko, Resko has said numerous times Obamam did NOTHING wrong
If you have a good friend who you buy a house from then find out they had illegal dealing while you knew them, unless youwere involved in thosedealing that should have NO reflection on you

Let's see ... the slumlord convicted of bribing politicians says that the politician running for President did nothing wrong. <sarcasm>Yes, I'll take his word at face value without looking at the facts of the transaction.</sarcasm>

Your characterization of the transaction is lacking. Obama didn't buy a house from Rezko. It's more complex than that, but the bottom line is Rezko spent money and Obama benefited from him doing so. There may not be any wrongdoing there, but it's a curious sequence of events and bears investigation.

hopperboo
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
+1 on Ragoczy's post.*

He only denounced it after negitive media attention.

He attended that church for OVER 20 YEARS.

And in case any person(s)* need proof...(if this isn't enough go Google it yourself).

WikiAnswers (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_did_Barack_Obama_join_Trinity_Church_of_Chris t_in_Chicago)

Newsmax (http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/Obama_hate_America_sermon/2008/03/16/80870.html)

P.S. I wish I could thank denuseri&Ragoczy 500 million times for their posts. Nicely said! ^5!!!

denuseri
10-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Shrugs all i was doing was trying to answer his orginal questions about why they mention the lapel pin when dealing with Obama and not with McCain.

The media has allways given a free ride approach to the democrates whenever possible, but the thing is what it is "a hungry beast that feeds on money" and ratings mean money so if it cuases viewer ship it is used reguardless of ethical consequences in too many cases.

I am quite certian my remarks where only about the reason for the mentioning of the pin and I hope no one takes what i have said out of context.

The tactics used in politics in the united states are greatly a direct result of how the media functions.

To simplify things to thier basest components, Obama has yet to prove his patriotism, where as Mc Cain allready has on numerous occassions.

Also a note about Keneddy who may have been inexperienced in the legislature, he was however so rich he robbed the nomination away from humphry and he also served BTW in the military. So his own patriatism wasnt in question eaither at the time. As for no one thinking he could win, thats a subjective opinion and as historical consensus follows he is a prime example of how the media influences an election. Since his victory was ascribed directly to his media appeal.

Ragoczy
10-13-2008, 02:16 PM
[B][COLOR="Pink"]The media has allways given a free ride approach to the democrates whenever possible, but the thing is what it is "a hungry beast that feeds on money" and ratings mean money so if it cuases viewer ship it is used reguardless of ethical consequences in too many cases.

The media sucks. I miss Uncle Walter (Cronkite) :( -- he worked hard to make sure his personal opinions didn't color the news.