PDA

View Full Version : Who would want to log in as someone else?

Lord Thomas
07-05-2004, 03:23 PM
Strange day, I was earlier informed that someone had tried to log in as Me, I know it was not me for several reasons. First, I remember my password; second, it is really hard to try to log in when you are at the park with the child unit (I do not have a laptop, but I do have a football and the ability to buy choco-tacos).

Upon returning home I tried logging on. Found out I was locked out. Much like being locked out of your car this is very frustrating, but I had my keys in my pocket and it was like someone was locking me out of myself. I know that doesn't make much sense, but well I was not a happy sadist for a while. :mad:

Obviously better now, but to whomever was trying to access my account without even the curteousy of informing me you were trying to pirate me, I would like to say that you have only endeared yourself to the homicidal segement of my psyche.

Excuse the rant, please carry on. I am sure whoever caused me to be locked out has neither the backbone or the balls to own up to it.

Thanks to whoever got my frustrated email at contact us.

~LT~

BDSM_Tourguide
07-05-2004, 04:15 PM
If you ever do find out who tried to log in under your information, please do let one of the moderators know, as that is a major CoC violation and it would give me great pleasure to make sure they never have the chance to do it again.

Lord Thomas
07-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Well, thanks TG, I would like to make sure they never got to do anything stupid ever again as well. But well....

Thanks but it is alright so long as it is not happening again.

LT

Dslave
07-05-2004, 05:03 PM
That really does bite the big one. I can relate because I have had people impersonate me over the net before. I don't understand the mentality, myself. I am glad that you were able to straighten things out, though, and get back into things.

myri_SN
07-05-2004, 06:16 PM
happened to a few of my yahoo accounts as soon as i logged in i got locked out as aparently someone logged in at another pc so i was told by yahoo. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, changed password, 2 minutes later was logged out again, same reason. gave up after a few times of changing passwords as it was always the same. i wonder what people do that for as it isn't very difficult to get their own ids i think, whatever the site:mad:

Gallardo
07-05-2004, 06:22 PM
I am not sure why people would steal id/password for this forum. But if it's Yahoo, it might not be human.

Lord Thomas
07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
i wonder what people do that for as it isn't very difficult to get their own ids i think, whatever the site ---- myri SN

I wonder that too, though I can only reason that it is to impersonate someone to fuck with someone else(s). Just childish shit that by all rights should have been left on the playground at elementery school. But well, just because some people age, does not mean that they mature. Tragic actually.

~LT~

Tiger
07-05-2004, 07:19 PM
LT, do you really think someone knows your username and password? I don't think any hacker would spend time to hack a free account. Did you sign in the forums on a computer that can be accessed by others? If you checked the 'remember me' box, others can get in the forums as you without your password.

When you see it happens again, can you quote the exact error message to me? Or just save that webpage (in html only format) and email it to me? I am wondering if it's the forum program at fault.

Lord Thomas
07-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I would hope that this is but a computer fluke. Things do happen, but it just felt funny, like the hand of man was behind it. I am no computer guru by any means. However, I was told on my first attempt to log on this afternoon that "you have been logged out! Someone has used up your five attempts to use your password and the screen name was locked out accordingly."

I thought at first it was a mistake, but it too over an hour to get logged on. I had to go through and change passwords twice to get on, ask for a new password that is and use it, no avail same as before then a new attempt asking for a new password and finally got back. Again, I was told that I had used up three of my allowed attempts to password when I finally got on. SO I went in, changed my password again, to something that was not sent to me, but something I would remember.

I tried to save the pages I was told I was locked out on, just to send them to someone, however, I was bumped by my ISP and they went into cyber oblivion. *shrug*

Jinn, I thank you for your concern, but really so long as I can log on I am not really excited about it. At first I was, but so long as it doesn't happen again I think I will survive. I would hope it was a coputer hicup, but it seemed to be too big for a hicup to me. It just felt weird and I am not generally a paranoid. Almost always I consider computers hating me as a matter of course, I do not have good luck with them. This was just too long, too much to be a computer goof, I felt. But then I could be wrong. I am not a computer guy at all, but I have managed to log in every day but to day without a problem.

Thanks, LT

GaryWilcox
07-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Jinn,

Wouldn't vBulletin make a record somewhere of the IP address of the person trying to log in?

CCBlonde
07-06-2004, 09:33 AM
If you ever do find out who tried to log in under your information, please do let one of the moderators know, as that is a major CoC violation and it would give me great pleasure to make sure they never have the chance to do it again.

Isn't there a way of linking the nick to the password, so a person can't use one without knowing the other? (Like when you register for e-mail and one one person can use one particular name in their e-mail address).

Barton
07-06-2004, 03:47 PM
I wonder that too, though I can only reason that it is to impersonate someone to fuck with someone else(s). Just childish shit that by all rights should have been left on the playground at elementery school. But well, just because some people age, does not mean that they mature. Tragic actually.

~LT~

If they did Jerry Springer would not have a show.

Barton

jaeangel
07-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Check with the moderators and see if maybe someone familiar with the site may have been banned recently. The only reason I can think of for someone to be stealing your identity and logging on as you is maybe someone who has been kicked off for discourtesy and/or lack of respect is trying to get on using someone's name and password that is already here and a member in good standing.