PDA

View Full Version : The use of wax

Occam
10-17-2008, 11:23 PM
As those of you who I have met and welcomed me know I am new to all this, and to those of you I haven't met I hope to meet you soon. My friend that introduced me, I guess you can call her my sub, wants to play with candles specifically wax. So I'm looking for some help with proper technic, so I don't burn her, and are some candles better then others? Anything anyone can tell me to keep the play safe would be great. Thanks.

SUBtly_shy
10-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Hi Occam

welcome to the library. I haven't as of yet played with wax but there was a thread in the bdsm a-z glossary here is a link to the wax thread I hope it helps :) or at least points you to a few people to talk to about it http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14761

icey
10-18-2008, 10:27 AM
dont use beeswax candles they have a much higher temperature and hard candles are best avoided,they have a high quantity of stearin which raises the temperature considerably, soya candles have the lowest temperature but most household candles are fine, always make sure to do a test on a less senstive area your subs skin.
ideally you want a candle with a decent width because as the wax begins to melt it forms a pool around the top of the candle giving the it time to cool slightly. On a thin candle the melted wax builds up quickly and drips off much faster.

spammik
10-18-2008, 12:40 PM
We have used wax, however they were candles made for use on the body and I like the way it feels......not to hot just enough and really exciting. Of course my husband doesn't like them.....they are too hot for him. HA.

sadiej
10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
i have read that the use of unscented candles is best as the oils that they use to scent them can cause the wax to be too hot.

also a little test on the inside of your wrist before play *like testing milk in a baby bottle* is a good way to check out the height to drip from for the best effect.

if you drop to low, the wax may be too hot as it its the body. raising the candle allows the wax to cool more as it drops.

happy dripping! *smiles*

icey
10-20-2008, 02:31 AM
scented candles can cause rashes and irritation for some people with allergies and sensitive skin and the more heavily perfumed type, but tbh ive tried 100's of various scented ones i prefer them and the coloured ones are good too they look lovely and if you mix colours can make some pretty patterns :) ive never had any problems with them we just do a small test first.