PDA

View Full Version : A need for input regarding...

Barton
07-11-2004, 12:16 AM
I would like to get your ideas and or feelings regarding using restraints and rope on a slave for sleep. Does, or has, anyone ever done this with their submissive?
My slave and I started to do this a few months ago. She says that being tied up helps her sleep better, makes her feel safe and secure ( not that she was afraid before :p ). I would appreciate your input.

Barton

BDSM_Tourguide
07-11-2004, 01:24 AM
We actually used to use an ankle cuff and rope to secure FF to the bed for the night. Nothing really binding, mind you. We didn't want her to get tangled in it, but effective enough to be a reminder. Or a nuisance, depending on who you ask. ;)

Dslave
07-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Interesting question and one that I will be able to have some definate input in about a week because Master has decided to try it out with me. The only problem that I see (if done correctly) is that I am going to have to wake Master up in the middle of the night if I have to pee. (Because I have to drink quite a bit of water for medical reasons.) He has been thinking of tying me to the bed at night for a long time but at his place it wasn't plausible. But, since we are going on vacation together with no disturbances I know it is going to happen and I am rather excited about it. The thing is, I don't know why but I have always loved restraints but I am such an extreme wiggle worm when I sleep that I don't know what is going to happen but I am sure it is going to be interesting.

loonytunes
07-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Many nights my wife sleeps with a light chain, and a very small light padlock attached around her neck, this is fixed to the head of the bed and works very well for us.....You have to be a little careful though, the chain is long enough so that if she was to fall out of bed it would allow her enough to not yank her neck in any way, and the key is kept on a pillow by the side of the bed so we both can get it off in an emergency, i really love this and many nights just lay there looking at her in the dark sleeping soundly with the silver of the chain glinting in the dark.........Most inspiring and really does give her that "owned" feeling.....

Loony

leo9
07-11-2004, 10:28 AM
i really love this and many nights just lay there looking at her in the dark sleeping soundly with the silver of the chain glinting in the dark...
Loony
I so know what you mean. When Taffi slept on the floor by my bed on a collar and chain, she had a lovely habit of pulling back a little till the chain was taut, so she could go to sleep feeling it. And many a time I would half wake up and drop my hand over the side of the bed and feel the tension in the chain, and just think happily as I went back to sleep, "Mine!"

woodsman'sgame
07-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Woodsman tied me to the bedpost one night with a long silk scarf around my wrists and he also put a silk crotch rope on me. The softness of the material kept me from being uncomfortable but drove me crazy with desire. I tossed and turned, dreaming erotic dreams all night and awoke with the crotch rope soaking wet. I was exhausted as if I had had an 8 hour session instead of 8 hours of sleep.

If I do that again, I need to sure I have nothing to do the next day. :)

Finding_Fantasy
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
We didn't want her to get tangled in it, but effective enough to be a reminder. Or a nuisance, depending on who you ask. ;)

It was a nuisance if you ask me. ;) I move around a lot in my sleep and had a really hard time getting comfortable. I would wake up half the time with my legs completely wrapped up in the rope. I spent half the night fighting with it. And one (only once mind you) I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and, being half asleep, I forgot that my ankle was cuffed by a rope to the bed and... :eek:

leo9
07-12-2004, 11:11 PM
It was a nuisance if you ask me. ;) I move around a lot in my sleep and had a really hard time getting comfortable. I would wake up half the time with my legs completely wrapped up in the rope.

Sounds like you'd be more comfortable with a collar and chain. You wouldn't forget that when you tried to get up in the night ;-)

A night chain was OK for Taffi because she never needed to go in the night (and if she had, we'd both have enjoyed her dilemma of needing to wake me so she could go, and knowing I'd take it out of her hide in the morning). But when I used one on my treasure, she had to have a pot by the bed within reach of the chain so we both got a good night's sleep.

Finding_Fantasy
07-13-2004, 07:26 AM
Sounds like you'd be more comfortable with a collar and chain. You wouldn't forget that when you tried to get up in the night ;-)

That would be fine if my skin didn't mark so easily. I can't sleep with a necklace or collar on without leaving a bunch of marks on my neck that I'm not really prepared to answer to my family and co-workers. :D

As for a chamber pot... with my luck I would forget to empty it in the morning and I would wind up finding my one year old playing in it. :eek:

csr
07-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Marks can definitely be a concern. I've been tied for the night numerous times and find that straps, cuffs etc that are not normally tight enough to leave marks suddenly do leave marks.

Usually I can hide wrists, neck, and (of course) ankle marks in the morning, but the week before last I ran into a bit of a situation. I was in a fairly loose hog-tie from about 12AM to 6AM--with a ballgag. This ball is on a fairly supple strap and quite comfortable. Unfortuntately, in the morning I had VERY distinct lines running up each cheek from my mouth.

It just happened to be a day that I absolutely couldn't take off work so I went and tried to avoid ppl as much as I could. One of my co-workers looked at me at around 3 in the afternoon and said (in a joke) that I looked like I had been wearing a "bit." I'm sure he was thinking of horses and had no idea that humans would do such a thing... otherwise he wouldn't have made the joke.

This has made my S.O. think a little more carefully when doing mid-week bondage, lol.

Katmandu
07-14-2004, 04:20 PM
:eek: :D HeeHee! I get to use wrist cuffs either clipped behind my back, or overhead to the headboard every night, and after a particularly rough scene, (when I need more 'physical' contact aka. 'security' for psychological reasons!) I also get ankle cuffs added that are tied to the footboard. Whatever marks there are, seem to be no different than the kind you get from sleeping in clothes, or on a wrinkled sheet. I don't think I would get any sleep, though, with a gag on. :(

AndrewBlack
07-16-2004, 02:22 AM
Is it not very uncomfortable having your arms behind your back to sleep with or tied to the bed head, how can you turn over?

csr
07-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Comfort? Hmmm... well in order to sleep the bondage can't actually be painful, but no form of restraint could really be called "comfortable", lol.

Not being able to roll over is frustrating... and I think that frustration is all part of the scene. Personally, I do my best to lie still and relax, 'cause if I move too much and wake her up, the consequences are indeed painful! :eek:

Finding_Fantasy
07-17-2004, 05:25 PM
If I were to be restrained in a fashion where I couldn't roll over I would not be a very happy subbie in the morning because I wouldn't get any sleep at all. I have a hrd enough time getting comfortable after having my daughter (bad back after and epideral (spelling?)). I would be one bitchy woman the next day....especially if I had to go to work with no sleep.

tehya
07-17-2004, 06:09 PM
I would like to get your ideas and or feelings regarding using restraints and rope on a slave for sleep. Does, or has, anyone ever done this with their submissive?
My slave and I started to do this a few months ago. She says that being tied up helps her sleep better, makes her feel safe and secure ( not that she was afraid before :p ). I would appreciate your input.

Barton

Sir,

I have been chained to the bed either by my wrists to the head of the board, or an ankle to the foot of the board... and when Master is feeling very generous, just my wrists are chained.

I must admit my two favorites are either the ankle to the foot of the bed, or my wrists just being chained... I have found that my arms tend to fall asleep rather easy, and I am awakened by that aweful "pins and needles" feeling several times throughout the night(Probably a great punishment). And too if the chain were longer one could probably move their arms a bit more to ease that problem...

Master's tehya

AndrewBlack
07-18-2004, 12:46 PM
csr - I take your point about it being intended not to be comfortable and I understand your Mistress's intentions, I just personally couldn't sleep at all if I couldn't turn over.

FF - don't blame the epidural it's the 7+ pounds of baby + fluid hanging there for months that ruins backs (I researched this for reasosn I won't go into).

I wouldn't be happy about pins and needles either, usually a sign you are squashing something. May chain my girl to the bed with an ankle cuff or collar but haven't had the chance for a while. God I sound like a real sourpuss here don't I! Not intended:)

Barton
07-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I thank you all for your varied and thoughtful input. So far it has been great. As an aside I try to leave my slave enough room to move and get a good nights sleep. She does prefer to be secured though, she says she sleeps much better when tied.

Barton

Katmandu
07-19-2004, 07:05 AM
HeeHee! It's easy to roll over! The secret is to not attach the cuffs directly to the headboard. The cuffs are attached to a central rope, which makes it no different than if you laid on the floor, put your arms over yor head, and started rolling. The collar and chain idea sounds great, but Master is afraid to try it. :(

Barton
07-21-2004, 01:47 PM
Careful what you wish for Kats.