PDA

View Full Version : Shaved pussy

BDMjane
10-23-2008, 01:04 PM
This is quite embarassing. I had my pussy shaved several days ago. Now I have rash all over. Any suggestion?

Jane

Laila
10-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh gosh, the joy of shaving rush.

I kinda figure its normal... I used to have it really badly when I first started shaving. It helped for me to shave every day and with a clean (fresh) blade if possible and at least for as long as you are still sensitive. But it didn't take long for the rash to go away. Now I can easily shave my pussy without any rash occuring.

I have to say I still get shavers rash on my inner thighs and I HATE it. I'm trying to battle it with baby powder.

edmund1
10-23-2008, 02:16 PM
it is mechanical in origin . but make sure you are not allergic to the components ie cream for shaving or soothing . and try to be more gental the next time

devilishsub
10-23-2008, 11:06 PM
try a specialized bikini area shaving gel, its the only thing that helped me when I started shaving, shave often with fresh blades and take your time while doing it. Moisturize afterward with an unscented lotion I like the ones for sensitive skin. If you are shaving for ascetic reasons and not the process of being shaved, you might want to try waxing, or Nair instead

lucy
10-24-2008, 12:05 AM
I usually use just body lotion, which does the trick perfectly, but maybe my skin is just not too sensible.

Another question about shaving: Does anybody know whether those razors with 4 or 5 blades are better than those with only two? And how about those lady-razors? They seem to be just more expensive than those for the guys, or is there indeed a point in using them?

his_girl_l
10-24-2008, 12:16 AM
i use a mens razor with 4 blades.

i don't know why, but i am less likely to get a rash if i shave with really hot water then soak in the bath for a while afterwards. It's when i shave quickly in a warm shower that i tend to have problems.

And moisturise.

AndreaDawne
10-24-2008, 08:14 AM
I had that problem too when I first started shaving. And I was a rookie. I freaked out from the rash I had developed. As I had learned, men's razor are better than women's razor. I don't know why. Maybe because you know men have thicker facial hair then women's legs? Also I agree if you shave regularly it will help with the rash. sounds to me with the one with a severe rash, is either you shaved yourself dry, or your skin is sensitive, or the blade was dull. Can be many things. Aloe works wonderful on rashes! *smiles*

BDMjane
10-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Thanks you all for the replies. Very useful.

Actually I use sensitive area shaving oil with 3 new blade razor. It worked really well at theat time. But the rash came 2 days after.

I'll try to shave everyday then to see how it works. :)

Thanks to you all.

AndreaDawne
10-24-2008, 12:31 PM
After you shave make sure you keep it moisterized with lotion. Even after a couple days you want to keep moisterized. With the pantie rubbing your skin raw or your clothes tend to irritate it. *smiles*
You're welcome!

judori
10-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I found that if I wasn't getting the red bumps the day that I shaved the problem was with the hair trying to grow back in and encountering a resistance and leading to irritation. I found that it helps if I exfoliate the area the day after I shave; just don't do it the same day as you shave. This helps to remove any dead skin cells that could be blocking the pores. I just use these exfoliating gloves that I picked up where the carry the loofahs and such in the stores. I just use a little bit of shower gel with the gloves in the shower, and afterwards just use some light lotion and it helps a lot.

voxelectronica
10-24-2008, 09:48 PM
make sure the area is exposed to something warm and damp. Either soak in a warm bath before shaving or soak area with a warm wet washcloth. This will open up the hair follicles. Per the actual manufactures of razors, there is no difference between the blaes used in either the mens or womens razors. More is better though XD.

Ever since i started using deodorant after I shaved I've noticed that if i do get the rash it doesn't itch.. at all and the next day my pussy feels like silk. Other than deodorant (any dry stick) shaving often will help this. I have been shaving well over a decade and shaving regularly is the best thing you can do to avoid this.

Pendog
10-25-2008, 04:40 AM
Add a little Dreft to your bathing water. This soothes the itching from the new hair re growth. In time you will grow used to shaving, and this will lessen the more you shave. Plucking is also recommended.

HelenaKitten
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
Plucking? That sounds painful. I tend to shave in three day periods, and I use a baby lotion afterwards and that helps a lot. So yeah. XD

submic08
11-02-2008, 07:35 PM
I get waxed all the time and love it. I have no problems with rash when waxed.

lucy
11-03-2008, 03:07 AM
Plucking? That sounds painful.
It is. But it is also a total turn on when it's done by my Master.

SirLs_leenie
11-04-2008, 06:05 AM
my gyno told me to only use Dove soap there that the skin is as sensitive as the skin on your face and should be as pampered as the skin on your face.

Dr_BuzzCzar
11-04-2008, 09:42 AM
TIP: If you do shave against the grain to get that extra-close shave, you should always finish with another stroke with the grain. This will "reset" the hair stubbles in the correct direction and greatly prevent razor burn! (This works also for men's facial hair.)

Since I'm not equipped with a pussy I can't say from personal experience, but since I do own a pussy my observation of it being shaved is that the tips on that website or pretty useful.

BDMjane
11-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh thank you very much for all advices. I'm really grateful to that. They're all very useful. Now I'm getting used to it, not feel ichy but the rash still appears. That's look really bad. :(

BDMjane
11-04-2008, 11:57 AM

Waxing is very interesting also. May i ask what kind of wax you use?

medusa
11-05-2008, 06:51 PM
I had dreadful razor rash no matter what method of shaving I tried (and I tried lots of different razors and the like too) so now I go to a salon and get waxed. I wouldn't recommend anyone doing their own waxing for bikini line or brazilian unless they are experienced- the potential for splitting the skin, causing painful bruising or just plain leaving yourself in pain is just too high.

Waxing can cause ingrown hairs if you aren't careful, but exfoliating and moisturising will prevent almost all of them.

Some things just aren't worth persisting with and if your skin is like mine resulting in rashes that last way beyond the day when you should be shaving again (and making shaving again impossible without major bloodshed) then I think that you're entirely justified in finding another way of dealing with the fuzz.

rainbi
11-08-2008, 11:00 AM

I'd recommend waxing as well...but I get mine done at a salon, so couldn't give you the name of the type of wax they use.

SauvagePouline
11-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Plucking all the way. Much cheaper than waxing, and you can do it sooner than you can re-wax (if you follow the rules about letting it grow in to such n such a length)

It is painful the first couple times but after that, you get used to it. I can (well, could, haven't done it since I got to france, why bother when I'm the only one seeing it?) do mine in 30min to an hour. When I get down to the labia, or however far I can before it gets toooo sensitive, I stop and shave the rest. Lasts a couple weeks. Just DON'T dig the hard to get ones. They'll grow out eventually.

Now what I would like to know, is how the heck do you get the stuff that's so far down you can't see it? I can get my labia farely well, but I can never get the rest baby-smooth.

HisKitty
11-16-2008, 08:35 PM
I usually use just body lotion, which does the trick perfectly, but maybe my skin is just not too sensible.
I find body lotion is great for getting a close shave... I will use it just after getting out of the shower, so the hair is wet and the skin is soft. I shave my pussy hair down (as in further south towards my crotch) with my razor and then I use a personal shaver to get the hair nearer to my skin, it's like... this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41DSXMAJ8AL._SL500_AA280_.jpg I don't go completely bald, lol... but it's extremely painless, rash-free, and it's a very close shave

tazzinnc
01-15-2009, 11:41 AM
When I shave the pubs I don't get a rash, but my wife still does. She has some 'shaving rash' lotion that she uses that works great for her. I can't remember the name of it, but it was from the drugstore and around the womens shaving cream area. WAsn't expensive either. She said it works better than some of the 'expensive' products that are supposed to reduce shaving rashes... But for the life of me I can't remember what the name of the lotion.

nwslv
02-11-2009, 06:57 PM
wow Just started shaving and am having itching problems, plus I feel like a velcro pad. Some great hints here . Thanks

switch bitch
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Wax

Gentle
01-20-2010, 06:55 PM
1- Get a razor with as many blades as possible, some small scissors/trimmer, a mirror, antibump shaving gel(preferably a clear one so you can see what you are doing) , a method of exfoliation and hydrocortizone cream.
2- Trim as close as possible with the scissors/trimmer.
3- Soak in warm/hot water before hand... this seems to soften the hair and makes its easier to cut. (I usually drain the tub right after so that my shaving gel doesn't get washed away while I'm actually working)
4- Use lots of the shaving gel on your pussy and inner thighs.
5- When you are ready to shave do so very slowly. Taking your time reduces the chance of nicks and gives you a chance to turn it into a very enjoyable event.
6- Use the hand mirror so you can see what you are doing. This allows you to see spots you might be missing, but it can also add to the overall experience. (I have a free standing one so that I can prop it up between my legs and have both hands free to work and so that I can also feel for any areas that might feel like they need extra attention)
7- When you are finished pat yourself dry, don't rub. Sometimes rubbing will irritate your skin especially immediately after. After you are dry go ahead and apply the hydrocortizone. (Perk of hydrocortizone? Once you've got it you can use it just about anywhere. If you get razor burn on your legs or even just the random little red spots you can dab it with cortizone just there and it helps. The stuff works for regular rashes, and everything in between so it's just a handy supply to have around the house in any event)
8- Over the next day or so you can start an exfoliating process, and you can keep using the cortizone. (or moisturizing lotion if that is what tickles your fancy)

And by 'you' I really meant me cuz this is the system that I have found works best for me. :) I think some of the advice is repetitive becuz some of the other posters give the same advice but... I really suggest trying the hydrocortizone.

oww-that-hurt
01-21-2010, 04:57 AM
I haven't had a full-grown pubic hair since 1982. There have been a few instances with maybe 1/4" growth because of long backpacking trips or the like, but that is it. My secrets to no ingrown hairs and itching? Wow, wouldn't laser hair removal be nice, but too pricey.
1. Use your choice of shaving cream, but I use plain old bath soap while in the shower.
2. Trim as close as possible with a scissors or that pop-up gizmo on an electric razor.
3. Always shave WITH the direction the hair is growing, never against it. For me that is to shave towards the penis/testicles. Where my legs connect to the pelvic region I shave away from the pelvis region.
4. Use a good body lotion, such as Lubriderm when dried off.
5. You can always use a special electric razor such as 'Cleancut' made by a French outfit in Japan called 'Seikos-Yard Co. Ltd.'. This you shave against the grain and use baby-powder, but still use the Lubriderm when finished.

fetishdj
01-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Hot water is always better than warm for shaving, the hotter the better (barber shops used to use towels that were boiled in water on the face to make sure it was warm enough). This is because it opens up the pores better.

It is also a good idea to exfoiliate before you do anything - a good scrub with an apricot pip body scrub will remove any dead skin and cause the hairs that are there to stand on end more, making them easier to cut.

You know, I don't know any women who actually use a woman's razor. Most of them are the same as men's but pink (a colour spawned in hell and only appealing to young girls as far as I can work out) and often cost more. Don't think there is any real difference between a female razor with 3-4 blades and the equivilent mens' one. I think the womans' are usually designed to be easier to hold when doing the legs (hence the big chunky handle) but I have never seen a woman have a problem doing that with a man's razor...

Moisturising straight after is also a good idea. I don;t think it matters how you do this, just a basic moisturiser will do it. Not perfumed, however, as that will irritate more in that sensitive area.

Utburd
01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
my subbie swears by Epilation, then finishing off with a shave, shes likes king of shaves gels, and a mans razor, I suspect this is because she got used to nicking my equipment! girls eh... Ive not seen her with razor rash since she started this regime.

I try to avoid razor rash by using a water based antiseptic (alcohol-free) post-shave balm and an antiseptic cream if it I get it say savalon or something.

in the past tho Ive seen good results from Waxing too.

memphis420
01-24-2010, 06:55 PM
I use a personal shaver to get the hair nearer to my skin, it's like... this:(link) I don't go completely bald, lol... but it's extremely painless, rash-free, and it's a very close shave

My K is hair-free, and the first time I ever saw his "down-there" area, I was like, "Whoa!". I had never seen a guy shave it all off before. Now, its sexy. I have zero hair in my mouth when I go down on him, and that's a BIG plus. He told me that he likes the way I do mine... I use one of those personal trimmers, and I take the head right off it and shave everything but a "landing strip" down to about 1/8". It's a little fuzzy feeling, and he likes that. The landing strip is only about 1/4-1/2" long... I can't STAND it when it gets longer!! :D

Ozme52
03-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Make Sure You Are Licensed Before Shaving. (http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22414)

ickleimi
05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
my issues is the irritation when it starts growing back when its still too short to shave ! Any suggestions?

brwneydgirl
07-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Start with dry skin. Add lots of baby powder (yes, LOTS) and a fresh razor. Works beautifully. And to ^, try shaving again anyway...even if you're just shaving off the dead skin, it might help??? I shave every day whether it looks like it needs it or not.

openyoureyes
07-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Start with dry skin. Add lots of baby powder (yes, LOTS) and a fresh razor. Works beautifully.

No water at all?

brwneydgirl
07-01-2010, 11:39 AM
No water at all?

Nope...I usually do it standing at the sink just before I jump in the shower (that baby powder gets EVERYWHERE) :D.

So, yeah...no water, just lots of powder and a FRESH, CLEAN razor...literally, I'm done in like 30 seconds.

openyoureyes
07-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Nope...I usually do it standing at the sink just before I jump in the shower (that baby powder gets EVERYWHERE) :D.

So, yeah...no water, just lots of powder and a FRESH, CLEAN razor...literally, I'm done in like 30 seconds.

Haha, yes, my first thought was of baby powder being ALL over my bathroom or tub, lol. But I shall have to give this a try. Thanks!

NiNLover
07-17-2010, 07:47 PM
These tips are really helpful - stuff I haven't even thought of. I'm definitely going to try the lotion afterwards. Thanks everyone!

ickleimi
07-27-2010, 11:45 AM
another thing we have found that works, buying an electric razer... the kind with a grill and a fan or razor inside, as the blade never actaully touches the skin it isnt damaged and therefore doesnt itch after!

Ozme52
08-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Dry shaving, whether electric or blade, works best with dry lubricant. Talc or baby powder definitely helps. Look for a "shaving stick" (not to be confused with a styptic pencil for dealing with cuts.) Some have very nice scents.

Reya
08-13-2010, 01:16 PM
I just finished shaving my pussy for the first time in a year and while I'm pretty sure I got 90% of the hair, and I put baby oil on after and let it air dry. However now its really really itchy on my labia, and if I scratch it, it hurts. Does anyone know any creams to ease the itching? Or any tips for dealing with it?

understudy
08-13-2010, 04:24 PM
I just finished shaving my pussy for the first time in a year and while I'm pretty sure I got 90% of the hair, and I put baby oil on after and let it air dry. However now its really really itchy on my labia, and if I scratch it, it hurts. Does anyone know any creams to ease the itching? Or any tips for dealing with it?

Bikini Zone, Bikini Zone, Bikini Zone
apply it immediately after shaving and keep alpplying it for a few days afterward. It stings for a few seconds when you first put it on but for me it prevents itching and rashes.

PixieStick
08-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Huh! I would've never thought of deoderant, or dry shaving... I might just try these out. I will say, nair didnt do a thing for me. It got rid of the hair, but I felt all stubbly still, and when I shave I want as close as possible. The best thing I've found so far for me, is soaking first, sometimes if I feel particularly dry I put lotion on before I even get in the shower. Bikini zone shave gel works wonders, lol. A men's 4 blade razor, it's got some "super blade technology" =P and lots of those little hydrating strips.... Shick Hydro,that's what it's called. After, I put facial mousturizer on it, it the same direction I shaved. I agree with "pat dry, not rub" much better results, plus the moisturizer soaks into the skin faster and deeper if it's not super dry. =)

annmz
11-09-2010, 11:57 AM
wax
it can last up to 6 to 8 weeks and will over time grow back softer and not as thick. i have been getting waxed for a year now and can go 8 weeks before i have to go in and have it done. love the feel and look.

Sub-girl13
10-30-2015, 10:26 PM
Witch Hazel is the best thing in the world. And ph balanced lotion with aloe is good too :)

rosebud
01-11-2016, 06:14 PM
What’s worked for me and all my shaving needs
has been the hair conditioner that's paired
with my shampoo. It goes on smooth and
the razor just glides over the area giving a
very close shave.

iseult
01-23-2016, 12:49 PM
It depends a bit on wether you are getting a rash immediately after you shave (in which case you at allergic to either the shaving products you are using or possibly even the metal in the shaver itself) That is an easy problem to fix, change your products! Or try waxing or hair removal creams. If the problem is a rash that comes up a day or so afterwards, then that is a more difficult kettle of fish.

That slightly delayed shaver rash is a common problem for men with curly hair, or for women who shave their bikini-line pubic hair. (Pubic hair is naturally more curly than head hair.) The medical term is ‘pseudofolliculitis barbae’.

Normally, the weight of each individual hair straightens it slightly. When you shave, a remnant of hair is left in the hair follicle. As this starts to grow out of the follicle, it may immediately curve round into the surrounding skin, because there is nothing to keep it straight. The ingrowing hair irritates the skin and can cause a lumpy reaction. Although regular shaving with the correct technique as described below will result in less razor rash, once it is developed, shaving nick the tops of the lumps, worsening the inflammation and perhaps allowing an infection to occur.

How to prevent shaving rash

1. Do not pull on the skin. Hairs are most likely to ingrow if you pull the skin while you are shaving, to get a close shave. This makes the hairs pop out of the follicle. Afterwards, the cut tip retracts into the follicle and then turns into the wall of the follicle. If you are shaving for the first time, or after significant regrow th it helps to carefully trim the area first so that you are not pulling against the entire leith of the hair.

2. Shave in the direction of the growth of the hairs. If the hairs naturally grow downwards, pull the razor downwards.

3. Avoid a close shave. The aim is to shave the hairs just above the skin, when they have already emerged from the hair follicle. Use an electric razor or an ordinary single-blade razor. Double-blade or triple-blade razors can give too close a shave (though if they work for you then great, it's not a one size fits all problem).

4. Prepare your skin before shaving, by using a good shaving gel, oil or foam, and thoroughly wet it into the hairs. rosebuds suggestion of a conditioner is an excellent one, as it will allow a smooth lubricated surface as well as softening the skin.

5. Check your razor is in good condition. If it is the disposable type, make sure you use a new one each time. If it is electrical or blade, check it is clean.

Once shaving rash has developed, curing it is tedious and can leave you with stubble for a few weeks.

Analyse the problem. Inspect the area with the help of a magnifying mirror. You may be able to see the hairs curling inwards. Have a good look for tiny yellow pustules, and redness and inflammation around the hair follicles or the tips of the ingrowing hairs – this could mean infection with bacteria, in the worst class you could need antibiotics to sort the issue out.

If you can see them, typos can try to get the tips of the ingrowing hairs out of the skin. Soak a towel in hot water and put it on the skin for a few minutes to soften the hairs. Then very carefully, using clean tweezers, pull the end of the hair out of the bump. Do not pull the whole hair out of the skin – just the loose end. Then with small scissors cut off the end of the hair that is curling back, quite close to the skin.

In the worst cases you will need to stop shaving and start again once the area has healed. Once the inflammation has resolved you could try using depilatory cream if you wish, which has the advantage of removing the hair at the skin surface and no lower.

Good luck!

isie