PDA

View Full Version : Christian living bdsm life...

satisfied
10-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Okay this is a question that has been weighing heavily on my mind. Is it possible or alright for an active Christian who is involved in many groups within the church to also live a life that includes BDSM? Why/why not? If so are there lines that a Christian should not cross within the bdsm community? How do you find that balance to live both lives? I will say that my Dom is also my husband. Vanilla sex has always been pleasureable for both of us, BUT we both always felt like something was missing. Since getting involved with bdsm we are both fully satisfied, it has not only made our sex life better, but has seemed to make our marriage stronger, even when we are just hanging out together.

Looking forward to all different points of view.

satisfied

satisfied
10-25-2008, 10:17 AM
okay then nevermind. I didn't realize when i posted this that someone else already had, and gotten some darn good answers to this questions too. Thanks anyway!

thepast
10-25-2008, 10:51 AM
?? Thread was moved to religion & philosophy because it dealt with a question regarding religion... you can definitely continue the thread...

hopperboo
10-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Okay this is a question that has been weighing heavily on my mind. Is it possible or alright for an active Christian who is involved in many groups within the church to also live a life that includes BDSM? Why/why not? If so are there lines that a Christian should not cross within the bdsm community? How do you find that balance to live both lives? I will say that my Dom is also my husband. Vanilla sex has always been pleasureable for both of us, BUT we both always felt like something was missing. Since getting involved with bdsm we are both fully satisfied, it has not only made our sex life better, but has seemed to make our marriage stronger, even when we are just hanging out together.
I'm a Christian and I am interested in some aspects of BDSM (and especially D/s).

I very much think that there are lines one does not cross if they are a Christian. I think bringing in play partners is a no-no for one, but that is just my opinion.

The Bible says nothing about having kinky sex, nor anal sex between a married couple for that matter.

damyanti
10-27-2008, 05:18 AM
I am Unitarian Universalist, so I like to explore all scriptures and religions (though my core beliefs are...and probably always will be, Christian) and points of view, even if I dont subscribe to them as a whole.

In one such exploration I came across this site http://www.christiansandbdsm.com/cbdsmintro.html ...I think you might find it helpful (they answer BDSM & Christians questions you raised and address many of the issues that come up as Christians attempt to reconcile their faith with their desires for BDSDM-type activities)...in any case its an interesting site to browse through.

Hope this helps.