PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Personalized Advanced search

redEva
07-17-2004, 08:53 AM
I am fan of filters and I appreciate well coded story. I use Advanced Search option extensively, but have a bit of an issue with it. It takes me considerable amount of time to click every option and set it to search for the codes I’m interested in. It comes back with the list (which is nice and expected) but if I choose the story from the list (and don’t choose option to open in new window) I can not return to the search … thus have to readjust all the choices again ….
Can it be set to remember your preferences or … maybe we could have “Favourite searches” few options to save and than to be able to just return and click on your saved search to get the list of the stories.

Gallardo
07-19-2004, 12:21 PM
Open in new window is great but I prefer save target as but I am glad you brought up the advanced search. Instead of radio buttons which does take time to click, maybe one can change it to drop down lists. This way I can tab to each selection and select with the opening letter or just a mouse scroll.

Garmonbozia
07-20-2004, 03:16 AM
I think both ideas are excellent, saved settings and drop-down menus instead of buttons.

I also use the Advanced Search feature a lot and it would be a great way to streamline the process.

Jason

Lord Douche
07-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Not that I go searching for stories much, but it sounds like a good idea. That Advanced Search is very frustrating, since you can't simply select a few of the codes and search for all stories that match them, you have to specify the title, or synopsis, or author.
LD

Tiger
07-20-2004, 10:18 AM
I plan to add a story code filter feature: you will be able to select required or excluded codes. Only stories have those codes (or do not have, if choosing excluded) will be displayed. This preference will be remembered. Hope that's a useful feature for many readers. Stay tone.

T-Luv
08-02-2004, 06:22 PM
I'd like to see the code search selections at least set to "No" by default, instead of "Maybe". I have no interest at all in male-submissive scenes, so it's kind of a pain in the neck to first check "Yes" on all the female-submissive codes and then click "No" on all the male-submissive codes.

I think it would require much less clicking on the user's part if all we had to do was select the codes we definitely want, and perhaps a few "Maybe" clicks. The way it's set up now, we have to look at and decide upon every single code on the page. If everything was set to "No" by default, the codes could just be scanned quickly.

redEva
08-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Not a bad idea T-Luv since the default settings are real easy to change.