PDA

View Full Version : A Question about Healing Broken Blood Vessels (buried in a story!)

Ex.Ballad
10-30-2008, 08:37 PM
So there was an event in my city for experienced doms who find themselves with novice subs on their hands. Since *I* am a novice, I wrote the talker and asked if I could attend anyway, since I'd probably learn something. He wrote back at the last minute, said I would be more than welcome, and asked me if I'd be interested in being the 'model.' I threw caution to the wind and agreed. Long story short, I had a great time; my first full length BDSM 'scene' was in front of a crowd of people taking notes (*blush*), and yes, I did lose count. Twice. Fantastic way to get 'broken in,' as he said!

I just wanted to share that since i don't have anyone around right now who I'd feel comfortable telling... :)

Anyway, to the question: even though he went comparably easy on me (since he was demonstrating the appropriate way to handle a novice so you get them back ever again), I have plenty of (albeit pretty) broken blood vessels and bruising. This has more to do with me then it does to do with his actions: I'll break the skin if I scratch an itch too hard. I get rashes from brief contact with some detergents. Since i imagine I'll be getting whacked around quite a bit in the future (fingers crossed), and possibly with more ferocity (fingers crossed fingers crossed), I'm going to need some healing strategies! Anything thoughts? Advice? Comments? Suggestions?

Okay. I'm going to go ice my parts and await feedback ;)

fetishdj
10-31-2008, 01:44 AM
Arnica is a herbal remedy which is good for reducing bruising. You can get it as a cream or a tablet, though I think the cream is more common and easier to obtain from a chemist.

My father used to suggest rubbing the bruised area with butter. Not sure what the reason for that may be but a guess is that the rubbing moves the clotted blood away from the bruised area and therefore seems to reduce the bruising even though it actually does nothing.

Broken skin (you haven't said if you have any of that but you mentioned rashes) will heal quicker if it is kept clean - any infection retards the healing process. Essential oils like lavender and tea tree are good to add to bath water and have mild antiseptic effects. Be careful that you don't have an allergy to either first but these are usually safe to use for most people (unlike other oils which can be highly caustic). Up to 10 drops in a bath of either is a good volume to add to a typical bath. You can also use more conventional means to keep the area clean such as antiseptic wipes and covering with bandages/plasters.

Healing times for both bruises and grazes/cuts vary from person to person and if you bruise easily you may also heal slow. I would always advise a good diet to make sure you have enough nutrients for healing - things like antioxidants have been seen to be beneficial in surgical wound healing as they remove damaging superoxide radicals from immune cells (which are beneficial for removing infection but can also slow healing if in excess).

You could also ask (politely) if any Dom you work with is careful not to mark you too much and explain that you mark easily. There are techniques that can be used to reduce the risk of bruises - for example, placing a damp towel over the area when doing caning. One Pro Domme I know uses these techniques if the client requests it as some married clients do not want their wives to see the bruises. These techniques can also be used to reduce the risk of damage in someone who is very easily bruised.

Flaming_Redhead
10-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Bruises require no treatment and will fade on their own. However, if you just have to do something, apply an icepack for 20-30 minutes immediately after the "injury" has occurred. Do not apply ice directly to the skin. Avoid aspirin which can prolong the bleeding. After about 48 hours, apply moist heat for 10 minutes 2-3 times a day.

TotallyMoi
10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
heh im glad i found this :) not for the same reasons as you ;) ihave a few broken blood vessels cause i was in an accident last week:)

charliegirlnaked
02-16-2009, 12:59 PM
i'm glad to have found this thread and would like to fnd out if anyone is aware of anything that can heal bruising very quickly i work as a topless dancer and my whole boob is a bruise (most likely due to a mix of my ease to bruising and my partner and my relative inexperiance in the field and prolly a little too much valentines spirits) I know the spoon trick (usually for hickey but as hickeys r just bruises.....) but that takes substanstial time and i dont think i have a metal spooon big enough and i have to work tonight but probably wont be able to and have to switch nights and work tommarrow....but never the less id still like to be able to work tommarrow, so any quick fix remedies????

symphony
02-16-2009, 03:18 PM
<<swears by arnica cream
I bruise very easily and i have commitments so sometimes you need to hide them (as much as i'd prefer not to sometimes!) but i find that they heal twice as fast when i actually remember to put it on 3 times a day!. However never underestimate the power of a good concealer aswell lol.

charliegirlnaked
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
lol :P thank you do you know how many days it takes to lighten the bruising with arnica

symphony
02-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Well it depends on the bruise, a compleate guess would be if a bruise would normally take about a week to heal on me, with proper care and attention it can be compleatly gone in 3. Saddly I havn't found any imediate fixes lol but if you have an interview the next day I reccomend asking your master to focus his attentions in discrete places!

bpqueen
02-18-2009, 02:45 PM
I second fetishdj's post on Arnica gel. I use it in both the gel and tablet forms (gotten from a natural foods store), and I never have a bruise last more than 48 hours (usually only around 24). In comparison, my first batch of good bruises took 7 days to heal, and subsequent ones untreated take 4 days...

charliegirlnaked
02-18-2009, 03:26 PM
thank you for the feedback good to know i have ordered some arnica creme for next time (darn local herb store didn't have any in stock)