PDA

View Full Version : philosophy 101

Beast
10-31-2008, 10:05 AM
A sharp tongue can cut ur own throat ,, if u want dreams to come true, u mustnt oversleep.. of all the things u wear ur expression is the most important.. The happiness of ur life depends on the quality of ur thoughts..The heaviest thing u can carry is a grudge.. if u lack the courage to start ur already finished .. 1 thingu cant recycle is wasted time .. Ur mind is like a parachute it only functions when its open..The pursuit of happiness is the adventure of a lifetime ... Life is to short to wake up with regrets.. so luv the ppl who treat u right forget the ppl who dont .. Believe everything happens for a reason.. if u get a second chance grab it with both hands, if it changes ur life , let it!! Nobody said life would be easy ... Beast

E.C. Holland
11-26-2008, 04:26 PM
In all judgments wherein the relation of a subject to the predicate is cogitated...this relation is possible in two different ways. Either the predicate B belongs to the subject A, as somewhat which is contained (though covertly) in the conception of A; or the predicate B lies completely out of the conception A, although it stands in conjunction with it. In the first instance, I term the judgment analytical, in the second, synthetical.

denuseri
11-26-2008, 04:48 PM
After consultation with the oracle at delphi I predict that this thread will be moved to the philosophy section of the forums.

In the mean time here is my too cents:

"Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little."

Plutarch

E.C. Holland
11-26-2008, 05:19 PM
After consultation with the oracle at delphi I predict that this thread will be moved to the philosophy section of the forums.

In the mean time here is my too cents:

"Perseverance is more prevailing than violence; and many things which cannot be overcome when they are together, yield themselves up when taken little by little."

Plutarch

"You are going to women? Do not forget the whip."

F. Nietzsche

denuseri
11-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Three things cannot be long hidden, the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Buddha

E.C. Holland
11-26-2008, 09:52 PM
"Hungry livestock, though in sight of pasture, need the prod."

Heraclitus.

denuseri
11-28-2008, 12:55 AM
"It is one thing to own a woman, and it is another to have her within the bonds of an excellent mastery."

John Norman

E.C. Holland
11-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"

Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

-K. Vonnegut

denuseri
11-28-2008, 02:25 PM
I love the V man. (from breakfast of champions: look here is my picture of an asshole * lol)

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use."

Soren Kierkegaard

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TwistedTails
11-28-2008, 06:35 PM
If it feels good, do it. If it feels great, Do it a lot.

Kuskovian
11-28-2008, 08:06 PM
When he was still a boy, at a celebration of the Gymnopaidai, the Choral director put Leonidas in an inconspicuous position. Even though he was already in line to become The Agiad King of the Spartans, he complied saying:

"That's fine, for I shall show that it isn't positions which lend men distinction, but men who enhance positions."

Ninva
11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Never lend what you can't afford to lose, and never steal what you can't put back! *wink*