PDA

View Full Version : any catholics out there

walkingdude225
11-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Well, im catholic and i was just asking who is too.....Yes, i know i have heared what must be al the jokes about my faith lol....... The reason im doing this is to see who else is a catholic and in to bdsm?
P.S. please one joke and attack on catholism per one post lol

DIXIE LASS
11-02-2008, 10:45 PM
Walkingdude,

Yes, I'm Catholic, and I practice my faith. Frankly, I try not to think too much about the issues you have raised. I know there's probably no way I can reconcile, justify, or rationalize both the Church's teachings and this lifestyle. So, I try to avoid thinking about it. Keep telling myself God made me this way......surely He knew what he was doing. LMFAO.....I know that's not going to get me far. Would love to discuss it with you. Feel free to PM or IM me. (And yes, it bothers me a lot.)

Dixie

MMI
11-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm a Catholic convert (aren't they the worst kind?). I think I converted to spite my Orange father who disapproved of my Irish Catholic girlfriend (later wife) - but I still favour Rangers over Celtic. Anyway, I gave up practicing when I realised I couldn't do it, and lapsed within 12 months of converting.

Apparently, I can never leave ...

hopperboo
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm not Catholic, but I certainly have respect for them. I'm Christian and I don't think our differences are THAT extreme. :)

I don't think there is really a huge problem with BDSM and religion. Unless one is bringing in play partners, then I could see how one would feel guilty. (I struggle with this idea, even though I am not 100% set on the idea of actually bringing someone else in the bedroom...I probably wouldn't). The Bible does not give rules on how to have sex (within the marriage man/woman), or to not have pleasure from sex...quite the opposite actually.

Ragoczy
11-03-2008, 04:35 PM
I was raised Lutheran, which is sort of like Catholicism without the sense of style ... does that count?

walkingdude225
11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
I was raised Lutheran, which is sort of like Catholicism without the sense of style ... does that count?

yea, that dose count lol
thanks or the repelys

JohnVanDom
11-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Walkingdude,

Yes, I'm Catholic, and I practice my faith. Frankly, I try not to think too much about the issues you have raised. I know there's probably no way I can reconcile, justify, or rationalize both the Church's teachings and this lifestyle. So, I try to avoid thinking about it. Keep telling myself God made me this way......surely He knew what he was doing. LMFAO.....I know that's not going to get me far. Would love to discuss it with you. Feel free to PM or IM me. (And yes, it bothers me a lot.)

Dixie

ms dixie (and A/all),

Catholicism is an interesting faith. Are you aware that only Catholics are allowed to accept and simultaneously practice other religions as well?

Let me begin by saying that of all Christian faiths, only Roman Catholicism has no tenets formally condemning or discouraging sexual diversity. :eek:

I'm a published author (nothing famous, but in some academic journals and frequently in our local Catholic weekly) on topics of ethics, faith and moral dogma. I've studied comparative religion my entire adult life - and I'm nearly 50. Sadly, the hierarchy of the church and their deliberate failure to encourage average seminarians and parish priests to delve deeply into theology and ethics often results in confusion - and encourages people to feel guilt and shame over things that are not even forbidden by canon law. :dont:

For example, remember the whole sin issue? In 1963, Catholic law was changed - as before it was a complex minefield of behavioral guidelines. Now, according to a good friend who is a Very influential church theologian (Jesuit) - there is really only ONE recognized sin. Referencing the abandonment of old-testament law called for by Jesus, it makes sense:

Never deny the expression of the Holy Spirit by another person.

"Heck NO you can't help me - I don't TAKE help from homosexuals." Right there, that is a violation.

The ten commandments? Well, remember - they were Old Testament. Gone.

Do unto others as you would.... etc. That's it. End of strict moral guidelines.

The rest? Subject to debate - heated debate. This whole issue is a huge cauldron of misunderstanding in the church. Many priests and people of faith would like to think there is a strict moral code that can be used to judge people's actions, and they are always referring to Biblical imperatives against this or that.

They are the modern Pharisees, seem to need to constantly measure themselves and others against some standard or another - and can't seem to imagine ordinary people assuming individual responsibility for decisions of good v bad and having their own personal interpretation of right and wrong.

But just think for a second, that makes no sense to have all those rules - even before the changes in the 60's Catholics have always used the confessional to sin rampantly say buckets of Hail Marys in penance and still go to heaven (ooooooh the Protestants HATE that part!) :icon176: - and hey we're the official religion of the Mafia, right? :)

So - slather yourself in expressions of wanton sexuality, but always be certain you don't harm someone's sense of self, ability to do life's duties or ability to express their good nature.

Nothing in those simple practices about BDSM, whipping a submissive until she begs for alternatives that would have horrified her previously, or soaking willow whips in crocks of salted vinegar, is there. :bondage:

Party on! :)

JH/FtWayne, Indiana

dave
11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
Also a Catholic. And yes, i suffer the same guilt as they all talk about. But with help from my Domme here, i have learned to accept the feelings i have and accept that i enjoy acting out on some of those feelings at times.
Sheesh! this is more difficult to talk about than i thought. More later perhaps.
dave

dave
11-09-2008, 03:47 AM
very interesting points, John

Tufty
11-09-2008, 08:56 AM
No, I'm not a Catholic...does that mean that I'm not allowed read this?? :D

*looks through Catholic joke book*

Pearlgem
11-09-2008, 10:33 AM
A Catholic priest was taking a walk through the woods one day when he came upon a little frog sitting on a lily pad crying its eyes out. Concerned that see one of God's creatures in distress, he asked the frog what was wrong.

"Oh Father," wailed the little frog, "a wicked witch put a spell on me. Once I was a real boy but now I have to spend the rest of my days on this lily pad catching flies."

The priest picked the frog up and gently placed it in his hands.

"Is there anything I can do to help you, my son?" he enquired tenderly.

"Only the love of a good and noble person can save me, Father," sobbed the little frog.

Touched to the core, the priest swore to the little frog that he would do all in his power to lift the spell.

He took the little frog home, caught flies for it, talked to it, played with it. At night, he pleced it tenderly on his own soft pillow to comfort the forlorn creature in his misery.

And that night, due to the goodness of the priest, the spell was broken and when he woke up, what did he see on his pillow but the naked beauty of a lovely young boy.

And that, my Lord, concludes the case for the defence.

(It's all right...I'm Catholic.)

Pearlgem
11-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry, have I deflected this interesting thread with my poor taste?
I'll suffer for this...

walkingdude225
12-28-2008, 10:18 PM
i love the joke and thanks for the infor

Elissma
03-05-2010, 10:35 PM
I am becoming catholic and am looking forward to being catholic. I am feeling guilt about this lifestyle... however if God had a problem with it he would be a stop to it right?

moco
03-06-2010, 02:55 AM
i used to be catholic, I guess in a way I still am, although I just dont practice it anymore.

You would be surprised at what catholics practice.

for instance, nuns self flagellate, granted it is a symbolic practice in representing the whipping of Christ.

There are some catholics who are so into the "suffering" some have used a celice (celise) to inflict not only pain but to draw blood as penance.

Just a few examples of the church propagating forms of discipline and even pain.

In my mind the church and the bible encourage D/s, "Wives submit to your husbands" or "Women should cover their heads"

Then there is also the "confessional" where you tell the priest of the sins you are aware of committing. (this reminds me of a sub ratting themself out to their dominant) ...

I left the church mainly because it was something that was made by man (man as in male...with very little input from female)...funny how I like having a male in control...as far as I consent to it. But reconciling BDSM and being catholic isnt the problem, as what goes on to make two people happy in their lives and relationship...as long as they both are able minded and consenting adults ...is between them.

Just my thoughts on things