PDA

View Full Version : Rebellion....rant

wind_dancer{W_W}
11-07-2008, 08:14 PM
i know that this is going to be a step away from my submissive side but i have come up with a theory and i want others views on it.......

Okay so i HATE it when people call themselves "rebels" because it is almost, in a way, oxymoronic. Those few that society has labelled "rebels" aren't those that are rebelling against society..... they are simply those who fight for what they believe or act upon what they believe whether or not it goes along with what society has generalized as "acceptable". And those people who call themselves rebels are, in fact, not, but are instead just people within this conformed society that we live in trying to get attention by, almost, making fun of those who act upon what they believe.......

.....also i have a quote that states "The only difference between humans and animals is the ability to have a superiority complex."

i hope that was simple enough to understand and tell me if you agree or disagree

Many Thanks

hopperboo
11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Some people do rebel against society, and only do things to piss other people off or make them uncomfortable. They get off on it.

One can stand up for what they believe in without shoving their opinions down other people's throats.

i.e. I may wear a small cross necklace, but I do not put big Christian signs or other overpowering images on my person. My cousin however is a "rebel," and he is very much an atheist. He shoves his views down everyone's throat at any given chance. He has a leather jacket with a huge upside cross sewn into it and swear words all over it.

Lovely thing to wear to a small town parade where they are younger children all over. He likes the negative attention it gives him and he loves making people uncomfortable.

I have a low opinion of people who upset others on purpose just for the fun of it.

wind_dancer{W_W}
11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
exactly my point............ when one starts doing things like Y/your cousin does they cross the line between actual rebels and, no offense, "shit-disturbers"