PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion regarding SNUFF stories

luc
12-20-2002, 12:36 PM
For reasons i won't get into, i really despise snuff stories. But i have on occassion inadvertently opened one up and begun reading , gotten to the offensives parts, closed the story in digust, and then, only then noticed that the word "snuff" was indeed in the labeling, usually somewhere tucked between the word "BDSM" and the word "serious." :(

My suggestion; please put the word SNUFF in all caps so that these types of stories can be more easily and quickly identified.

-luc

BDSM_Tourguide
12-20-2002, 01:15 PM
Not that I disagree or anything, but if Jinn capitalizes one story code because on person finds it offensive, then he will have to capitalize others that other people find offensive.

For instance, scatology offends quite a few people, so does watersports, but I wouldn't want any undue emphasis placed on either of them.

luc
12-20-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by BDSM_Tourguide
Not that I disagree or anything, but if Jinn capitalizes one story code because on person finds it offensive, then he will have to capitalize others that other people find offensive.

For instance, scatology offends quite a few people, so does watersports, but I wouldn't want any undue emphasis placed on either of them.

Hummm- you do have a point there but i was of the impression that snuff stories and pedophilia were more of a hot button for more people on this site than any other category. I am basing that on some of the topics i have seen listed here on the forums- for instance the poll to eliminate snuff stories altogether.

In my honest opinion- which i am entitled to and which i realize does nothing to further my point - snuff stories are more offensive than watersports or scatology could ever be. i don't think i am alone in feeling this way. In fact i think that capitalizing the word SNUFF in the story codes might be a reasonable compromise to those on this site who feel snuff should be eliminated all together.

This is the BDSM library- snuff is criminal activities, not a BDSM activity, and is categorically and empthatically rejected by the ENTIRE BDSM community. (Though i have heard of play snuff scenes which is considered way way out there edge play) While scat and watersports are not everyone's cup of tea they ARE mostly legal and generally tolerated if not accepted in the BDSM community.

-luc

BDSM_Tourguide
12-20-2002, 05:25 PM
... hear you say that. In the Gorean belief, a displeasing slave can be punished or killed. Hopefully, none of them carry that particular fantasy into real life with them. That would just be way too scary.

Also, pedophilia is a relative sort of thing. In my discussion group, we are having a nice little chat about pedophilia and religion. What some people consider pedophilia is completely legal and consentual sex to others.

For instance, if I wrote a scene involving a 15 year old girl having sex and/or bondage, then it might be considered pedophilia to the people visiting this site from the USA. They would probably ask that I include that code so they don't have to read my story anymore. However, people from Canada, Mexico and several other countries would see nothing wrong with this as the average age of consent in many places is between 14 and 16 years of age.

So, as you see, you are entitled to your own opinion, but so are many others. Groups of people tend to see different things in different ways. It is both refreshing and unfortunate, depending on your opinion.

Finding_Fantasy
12-21-2002, 04:05 AM
but thinking about it is not. I don't agree with snuff stories either, but I don't see why capitalization is need. If we just actually READ the descritions completely before jumping into them, then perhaps we wouldn't need to capitalize anything. :) I know it's your opinion, but the warning is there in black and white. The warning is there. You just have to pay closer attention when you read what the story contains before you open it. No offence intended.

bkreader814
01-16-2003, 06:48 PM
Hello, I am a first time poster on this forum. Why don't all of you people who are disgusted by snuff stories simply switch the search to NO snuff instead of MAYBE snuff? Why not just use a feature the website already has instead of insisting on a new one?

kimberly
01-27-2003, 08:26 AM
exactly..........
i dont get into snuff stories either ...... unless chocolate is involved of course ... *giggles*..... but im sure plently of things im into, others dont enjoy either. no need to caps or mark stories in a special way for things we dont like ....or things we do like ... as adults with a *special* interest ... i enjoy searching for the things i like ..... afterall .... the hunt is worth it
*licks her fangs and grinz *

BDSM_Tourguide
01-27-2003, 08:34 AM
... kimberly is "special." She has "special" needs and interests.

;)

Venus
01-27-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by bkreader814
Hello, I am a first time poster on this forum. Why don't all of you people who are disgusted by snuff stories simply switch the search to NO snuff instead of MAYBE snuff? Why not just use a feature the website already has instead of insisting on a new one?

, if one tries reading snuff and doesn't like it, then it's in their best interest not to read it again. For example I've read a story which was very well written. I knew that it had snuff in it, I've seen the code, but once I started reading the plot got very interesting and I continued, trying not to pay attention to the snuff part, (it had some very heavy and disgusting murders/snuff scenes), I regreted my decision once I finished reading the story. It left a very bad imprint in my mind, and I couldn't read anything that had to do with BDSM or sex in general for about two month. From that point on I DO NOT even open any stories that have the "snuff" code in them. Stories can be more powerful then a movie, because you not only see what is there but also add your imagination, so if you do not like snuff, DO NOT try to read it. It can ruin things for you.

Just my advice

Mobius
01-27-2003, 09:24 PM
We had already decided on the poll for deleting snuff stories thread.
That if you do not like the topic you best not read it.
"Hello" use the codes. that is what they are therefore.

Just like I use the codes to screen out the "gay (in my opinion) Fem Dom stories,or the disgusting scat stories. And other things that I am not going to waste my time looking through.
This is an open forum and web site there are things that do not turn my crank but it may turn the crank of others.
I am not gong to ask or demand that it be removed for the sake of my taste.

Unough of this thread it is done already. lets move on to somthing more interesting like who is going to come up with a vb spell checker. (yes I know that I am spelling challenged):mad: