PDA

View Full Version : Inauguration Tickets

mkemse
11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
As most know, Inguration Tickets are free, you can get 1 on a first come 1stserve Bases from you Senator, Congress Perosn ect
They are workingon a Bill in Congress that has the Support of BOTH Parties, that would make seling these tickets a Federal Offense since they are FREE to the Public
Do you Agree with this, that ther should be a Law Prohibiting the Sales of these tickets
Keep in mind almost ALL if Not ALL Republicans and Denocrats agree with this Pending Bill

Ebay and other sites have already told the Pubic they will not allow them to be sold on their Web Sites

Thorne
11-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Who cares? Anyone who could afford to buy them in the first place doesn't want to take time off from their job to go, and those who have the time to go can't afford the cab fare to get there. And for what?

If you must watch, watch on TV. Best seat in the house.

Dr_BuzzCzar
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm considering going but due to wife's health considerations it may require us to stay home. I have no objection to the tickets being sold. That's pretty much pure capitalism. You have something I want, what you paid or didn't pay for it isn't the issue. It's worth what a buyer is willing to pay at a given time...and yes Thorne, I can afford to buy them and am willing to take vacation time to go and see a significant historical event, other factors may prevent it though :)

Thorne
11-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I can afford to buy them and am willing to take vacation time to go and see a significant historical event, other factors may prevent it though :)

And this is why scalpers do what they do. They know that there will always be someone who will be willing to pay far more than he should have to pay just to see an event which, in many cases, may not be worth the regular price of admission. If people refused to pay the scalpers' prices, it wouldn't be too long before the scalpers became extinct. They just wouldn't be able to afford to keep it up.

In a perfect world, I suppose.