PDA

View Full Version : Now this i find disturbing!!!!

RickBulow74
11-19-2008, 07:14 AM
For those of you who voted for Obama. Please take a good look at this entry and also the video which accompanies it.

http://boortz.com/nealz_nuze/2008/11/how-obama-got-elected.html

HOW OBAMA GOT ELECTED
By Neal Boortz @ November 19, 2008 8:26 AM Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBacks (0)
Now that the election is over, this report by John Ziegler (http://howobamagotelected.com/) is making some waves. Maybe because it exposes some of the Obamamania. Also because it shows how the lamestream media was in the tank for Barack Obama in this election. And also because it demonstrates the fruits of our government education system.

Now I really don't care what else you do today .. so long as you don't abuse any small animals .. but please watch this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm1KOBMg1Y8). On Election Day some Obama voters were chosen by the producers of an upcoming documentary "How Obama Got Elected." These voters represented a cross-section: young and old, black and white, male and female. They were chosen based on their verbal abilities and willingness to express their feelings to a large audience. Listen to these people. I promise you, you will be entertained.

Certainly it was hard to judge the true nature of Obama supporters based on the random ones selected for this video ... So the Zogby people were commissioned to conduct a telephone poll to ask a greater number of Obama supporters the very same questions asked of the people in the video. Oh and one other thing to keep in mind. The people were given multiple choice answers to these questions. Even with multiple choices, here were some of the results.

94% of Obama voters correctly identified Sarah Palin as the candidate with a pregnant teenage daughter.
86% of Obama voters identified Palin as the candidate who spent $150,000 on a campaign wardrobe.
86.9 % of Obama voters though that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though the quote actually came from Saturday Night Live.
Now for some news about the candidate they were supporting ....

57.4% of Obama voters could not correctly say which party controls congress.
82.6% of Obama voters could not correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot
88.4% of Obama voters could not correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket
56.1% of Obama voters didn't know that Obama started his political career at the home of Bill Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist.
Now you have a measure, for good or bad, of some of the voters who went to the polls on Election Day awash in Obamamania. Do some of you now think that there are people voting who shouldn't be allowed to vote? Remember, there is no constitutional right to vote in a presidential election. Shouldn't we be weeding some of these people off the voting rolls?

Also, here's an interview with John Ziegler by Nate Silver (http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/2008/11/interview-with-john-ziegler-on-zogby.html?asshat). Oh my is it full of bad words!

VERY disturbing news indeed!

mkemse
11-19-2008, 07:31 AM
I appriciate the post, but there could very well be a many bad McCain/Palin supporters as there are Obama, you do not hear aboutthe others ince McCain did not win,
But IN ANY great of supporters you will alwways find bad peole

Like the lady in Michigan who refused to give Halloween Candy to any Democrats or those that supported Obama

DesertDom
11-19-2008, 07:40 AM
Honestly, is this any surprise? Uninformed voters makng a difference in an election? No way, it could not happen here.

Obamas campaign staff did a masterful job in manipulating uninformed voters, popular opinion and views at an emotional level in his favor. When Bushs handlers did it, it was called Rovian tactics, not a word said about it this time, odd, isn't it?

Bill Clinton campaigned in 1992 on a platform of change, it worked for him also. Time will tell what obama's change will turn out to be. He seems to be filling his staff out with former Clinton people, not a good sign.

RickBulow74
11-19-2008, 07:46 AM
The point is that McCain lost and this is a documentary on how Barack Obama got elected. The video and post is about those who voted for Obama. I would imagine if McCain were elected there might be something like this. But the point is this is a crossmatch of people who voted for Obama.

mkemse
11-19-2008, 08:01 AM
The point is that McCain lost and this is a documentary on how Barack Obama got elected. The video and post is about those who voted for Obama. I would imagine if McCain were elected there might be something like this. But the point is this is a crossmatch of people who voted for Obama.

Ok, but not ALL his supporters where like this, i am fiarly sure that not all of the 52% of those who voted for Obama did so because of this
but this is only my opinion

mkemse
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
I still feel befire we all Rush To Judgement, Give Obma a chance to prove himself, then f he fails yes we critise him and point out and debate his failures, but he still has a few weeks til he even takes office, give him a chance to show what he can do, will do ect
Or can't do and won't do before we rip him apart, e are finiding him gulity beore the trial so to speak
Acorn was a joke, they had no reason to do what they did but the reality is of 52% who voted for him, i hardly believe that much of a majority over 50% was influced over actions like that, aain just my opion,
But let's see what he does before we condemn him

RickBulow74
11-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Ok, but not ALL his supporters where like this, i am fiarly sure that not all of the 52% of those who voted for Obama did so because of this
but this is only my opinion

I still feel befire we all Rush To Judgement, Give Obma a chance to prove himself, then f he fails yes we critise him and point out and debate his failures, but he still has a few weeks til he even takes office, give him a chance to show what he can do, will do ect
Or can't do and won't do before we rip him apart, e are finiding him gulity beore the trial so to speak
Acorn was a joke, they had no reason to do what they did but the reality is of 52% who voted for him, i hardly believe that much of a majority over 50% was influced over actions like that, aain just my opion,

I am not condemning him. I am proud that I voted for McCain. HOWEVER, what I am saying is that there are some voters who do not know the facts about the government. In fact, there was one question which asked who was in control of the government and the majority said the Republicans did, as well as those who had no clue who were in Congress. What does that tell you about those who voted?

mkemse
11-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Actual had it not been for Sarah Palin i would have voted for McvCasin ,but I have a real issue when someone who would be 2nd in Command in this Country thinksthat Africa is a NATION and not a Continent, i can't imgine how shewouls have handled other critical issue

buti do not want ot hijack this thread, just wanted to point that out

Let's see wha happens 52% of th voting public know why they voted for Obamam or is not the entie 52% enoughthat ther issues surroundig the way votes wre obtained becomes mute

mkemse
11-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Obama had the hindsight and ability to raise money and text message ect and found way to do things that wer never done before ot gather support and money, kudo's to him for using the technology available you also can't hold him responisble forthe action of others
Even the Indiana Supreme Court rules that Acorn could continue every state where Acorn was in that States Suprmem Court ruled that corn was not doing anything wrong some even went to were these epole were andsaid "Let them do their jobs" and somewere Republican judges

denuseri
11-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Just proves the ole Machieavellian principle that the mob can be lead around like sheep all too easily by a demogouge with a flare for propoganda.

Diablo
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
What is actually sad is that you think that one is any less evil than the other. That any of them are less self serving than the other.

Right wing propaganda is somehow better than left? Sheep come in both colors.

denuseri
11-19-2008, 05:07 PM
Oh I never said that the Republicans didn't have an equal share of evil.

If you will note my statement was politically nuteral as to party affiliation.

RickBulow74
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Like I said, I am sure there are these things that come out if McCain would have won as well. This is not why I posted it.

My reason for posting it is to demonstrate that they did not know who is in control of the Congress or even who was in Congress, yet they did know who can see Russia from their house (even though it was said on SNL) and who paid an exorbitant amount for clothing.

My problem is that people worry about the celebrities and not about things which really matter like the issues and who represents them.

mkemse
11-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Like I said, I am sure there are these things that come out if McCain would have won as well. This is not why I posted it.

My reason for posting it is to demonstrate that they did not know who is in control of the Congress or even who was in Congress, yet they did know who can see Russia from their house (even though it was said on SNL) and who paid an exorbitant amount for clothing.

My problem is that people worry about the celebrities and not about things which really matter like the issues and who represents them.

True but in a Poll taken right after the election most people felt that McCain was to negative and unlike Obama did NOT discuss the issues or his stanceon most, he did it from time to time but he seemed to spend more time on Bashing Obama then disussing the issues that drovethie election
Obama was always talking about what he planned to do, i do not want to hijack thisthread withthat thmeme but Obamam during the campigining at least always disussedtheissue and his plans, McCain seemed more intrested in Bashing his Opendnet, if for no other reason he had no plans to handle the issues at large, we know what he planned to do with Iraq, wait til wewin he gave over views of what he would lie to see but he neevr realy offered solutions he seemed only to enlighten voters by thelling us hesee's this or not, so did everyone what where specific plans in dealing withi issues

but back to the thread i so not want to hijack it

Thorne
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't put too much faith in such polls. In the first place, people lie. They will often try to say what they believe the poll taker wants to hear.

In the second place, polls can be tilted to one side or the other simply by the phrasing of the questions.

In the third place, and this one is strictly my opinion, the people who are most willing to take such polls tend to be the people with less education and, perhaps, intelligence. Personally, I don't respond to these kinds of polls, and many of the people I know don't either. Therefore, the results don't reflect the true measure of the population. Just the measure of those silly enough to answer the polls!

mkemse
11-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I wouldn't put too much faith in such polls. In the first place, people lie. They will often try to say what they believe the poll taker wants to hear.

In the second place, polls can be tilted to one side or the other simply by the phrasing of the questions.

In the third place, and this one is strictly my opinion, the people who are most willing to take such polls tend to be the people with less education and, perhaps, intelligence. Personally, I don't respond to these kinds of polls, and many of the people I know don't either. Therefore, the results don't reflect the true measure of the population. Just the measure of those silly enough to answer the polls!

True just wanted to add it in anyway

People Lie?? That's a new one on me LOL!!!

Dr_BuzzCzar
11-19-2008, 08:29 PM
"56.1% of Obama voters didn't know that Obama started his political career at the home of Bill Ayers, an unrepentant terrorist". That actually surprised me as this charge was on tv, radio, newspapers, blogs etc. Maybe they believe that Obama didn't know who Ayers was in 1995. I don't know.

" 86.9 % of Obama voters though that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though the quote actually came from Saturday Night Live."

CHARLES GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

SARAH PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.

Also, the Fox morning program, was the first I saw that gave the "You can see Russia from Alaska" spiel as an attribute of Gov Palin's. I think its very understandable that some people easily confused the specific spot from where Russia can be seen..The important part is that absurd statement was put forth as foreign policy knowledge.

"57.4% of Obama voters could not correctly say which party controls congress."
According to the National Election Survey done after every national election, in 2002 72% of all voters didn't know who controlled congress and 56% of all voters didn't know in 2004. I haven't seen the 2008 results yet but that 57.4% isn't a surprising number for all voters.

82.6% of Obama voters could not correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot

You mean the legal challenges to petitions that were found to be correct? Nothing more than careful negative wording by Boortz, et al.

88.4% of Obama voters could not correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket
He said no such thing. In an interview with the SF Chronicle (which is where this got started)he said "...What I have said is that for us to take coal off the table as a (sic) ideological matter as opposed to saying if technology allows us to use coal in a clean way, we should pursue it.
So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them."
Clearly meaning that greenhouse gas fines of current coal technology would bankrupt a company but if the technology is there we should pursue it.

mkemse
11-20-2008, 05:06 AM
The Bill Ayers issue is simple, Barack was 8 years old at that time, that was never mentioned

damyanti
11-20-2008, 05:13 AM
So Democrats have finally learned that you cant talk to these people intelectually and have taken a lesson out of a Republican book about how you win these things? MUHAHA....turnabout is fair play.

It was Lee Atwater who invented or improved upon many of the techniques of modern electoral politics, including promulgating unflattering rumors and attempting to drive up opponents' negative poll numbers with the aggressive use of opposition research....thats putting it politely that he was arguably the most evil and unethical shmuck of modern politics. He was also disgustingly successful in delivering victory for his Republican candidates. He was also a political mentor and close friend of Karl Rove.

The original report/poll is faulty and staged (questions about Obama that people didnt know are serious matters - I wont go into the debate that his "facts" are deliberately skewed - while questions about Palin are silly stuff, why didnt he ask people how much they know about Palins past "credentials"...some comparison) and the sentiment behind this thread fake and contrived.

What is your point...that a huge percentage of American voters are stupid, uneducated, ill informed? True....but then it all depends on your perspective. I did a research on the theme "the correlation between political orientation and intelligence"....short conclusion from several independent studies, apart from a small group of fiscal conservatives Republican party has by large become a party of dumb people.

There is no denying the fact that news and media outlets have become superficial, sensationalist and dumbed down. But I disagree that the media were so much kinder to Obama and that they were covering some monstrous secrets for him.

I remember media behaving in the same way 8 years ago...when Bush won...because he was perfectly folksy for the media...when it was more fun to make fun of Gore...because they thought that voters were smarter than that and that they were going to vote for the smarter candidate anyway.

I think the media were trying simply not to repeat the mistake from 2000. If one candidate is dumber than the other, I hardly think its fair that the media reports that they are both equaly dumb.

The fact that we disagree which candidate is dumber...though luck...its called freedom of speech....something social conservatives, Republicans and Christian Fundamentalists have been trying to suffocate for years.

Is Obama infallible, is he so much different than all other politicians? Of course not....but he beats Palin by hundred miles in terms of intelligence, qualifications and honesty.

Why Obama won?

Because those people you find disturbing are still smart enough to know that they are worse off today because they bought into Republican propaganda 8 years ago, because for 8 years they have watched retarded person run the world and rather than admiting its mistakes, exposing the truth and punishing corrupted apparatchiks Republican party thought they could get away with it again. John McCain thought the same thing, and instead of denouncing the loonies he tried to win by playing to their lower urges.

He thought wrong. He lost because even God has had enough and has become so sickened and disgusted by people like Palin who speak his name in vain and with mendacity that He/She said enough is enough.

John McCain should have been elected president in 2000 and the world would have been a better place for it. Him running this year...was a case of too little, too late...and has left a very big stain on his legacy.

Dr_BuzzCzar
11-20-2008, 12:19 PM
John McCain should have been elected president in 2000 and the world would have been a better place for it. Him running this year...was a case of too little, too late...and has left a very big stain on his legacy.

I strongly supported Sen McCain in 2000 and agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion about 2000 and the stain of 2008. Well said.

mkemse
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
So Democrats have finally learned that you cant talk to these people intelectually and have taken a lesson out of a Republican book about how you win these things? MUHAHA....turnabout is fair play.

It was Lee Atwater who invented or improved upon many of the techniques of modern electoral politics, including promulgating unflattering rumors and attempting to drive up opponents' negative poll numbers with the aggressive use of opposition research....thats putting it politely that he was arguably the most evil and unethical shmuck of modern politics. He was also disgustingly successful in delivering victory for his Republican candidates. He was also a political mentor and close friend of Karl Rove.

The original report/poll is faulty and staged (questions about Obama that people didnt know are serious matters - I wont go into the debate that his "facts" are deliberately skewed - while questions about Palin are silly stuff, why didnt he ask people how much they know about Palins past "credentials"...some comparison) and the sentiment behind this thread fake and contrived.

What is your point...that a huge percentage of American voters are stupid, uneducated, ill informed? True....but then it all depends on your perspective. I did a research on the theme "the correlation between political orientation and intelligence"....short conclusion from several independent studies, apart from a small group of fiscal conservatives Republican party has by large become a party of dumb people.

There is no denying the fact that news and media outlets have become superficial, sensationalist and dumbed down. But I disagree that the media were so much kinder to Obama and that they were covering some monstrous secrets for him.

I remember media behaving in the same way 8 years ago...when Bush won...because he was perfectly folksy for the media...when it was more fun to make fun of Gore...because they thought that voters were smarter than that and that they were going to vote for the smarter candidate anyway.

I think the media were trying simply not to repeat the mistake from 2000. If one candidate is dumber than the other, I hardly think its fair that the media reports that they are both equaly dumb.

The fact that we disagree which candidate is dumber...though luck...its called freedom of speech....something social conservatives, Republicans and Christian Fundamentalists have been trying to suffocate for years.

Is Obama infallible, is he so much different than all other politicians? Of course not....but he beats Palin by hundred miles in terms of intelligence, qualifications and honesty.

Why Obama won?

Because those people you find disturbing are still smart enough to know that they are worse off today because they bought into Republican propaganda 8 years ago, because for 8 years they have watched retarded person run the world and rather than admiting its mistakes, exposing the truth and punishing corrupted apparatchiks Republican party thought they could get away with it again. John McCain thought the same thing, and instead of denouncing the loonies he tried to win by playing to their lower urges.

He thought wrong. He lost because even God has had enough and has become so sickened and disgusted by people like Palin who speak his name in vain and with mendacity that He/She said enough is enough.

I would rather have had McCain then Bush

MMI
11-20-2008, 06:50 PM
I'm interested in how Sarah Palin would have answered all those questions.

mkemse
11-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Glad she did not have the chance

voxelectronica
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I think we need to keep something in mind. When politicians make slips like Africa is a "nation" not a "continent". It's a gaff. Some of them are little slip ups and some of them are pretty out there. Regardless, politicians usually excuse them on other politicians. It's the people who take these things and run with them as if they've never made a mistake themselves.

Obama ran a great campaign and McCain didn't there is no way around those facts. Obama, a lawyer, ran a perfectly executed media event. He brought out people who were blind to politics, used to being spoon fed information, and celebrity obsessed and got them to vote.

No, not everyone who voted for Obama was without merit. Just like not every American can't point out America on a map. I just am not surprised by the post.

mkemse
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I think we need to keep something in mind. When politicians make slips like Africa is a "nation" not a "continent". It's a gaff. Some of them are little slip ups and some of them are pretty out there. Regardless, politicians usually excuse them on other politicians. It's the people who take these things and run with them as if they've never made a mistake themselves.

Obama ran a great campaign and McCain didn't there is no way around those facts. Obama, a lawyer, ran a perfectly executed media event. He brought out people who were blind to politics, used to being spoon fed information, and celebrity obsessed and got them to vote.

No, not everyone who voted for Obama was without merit. Just like not every American can't point out America on a map. I just am not surprised by the post.

The remark about Palin and Africa is by no means her only, MAJOR mistake, she had many verbal mistakes, giving wrong answers to questions, this happenend in her interview with Katie Couric, Brian Willams ect, so the Africa remarks, are simply a continuation her lack of geneneral knowledge about the world,world events,leaders locationsd ect. ect
she had no idea who some of the world leadrrs where and this is not in reference to 3rd World Nation,s she has a very servere lack of world knowledge which as a VP is critical, you can't call on the headso f states of countries when you do not know who they are, even the Republican Party towards the end of things was critical of her lack of knowledge
It shouldalso be pointed outthat priior to McCain winnig the Nonmination he did know even know Palin, he knew of her, but between the ttime he won the nomination andselcted her a his VP runnig mate, they only had 2 meetings 1 was for afew hours then second was less then that, so he picked a runnig mate who he knew virtualy nothing bout and even upon decidin to slect her only met 2x with hwer in 6 months fora total of 6 hours, no a good way to slect a runnigmate

And he even said that when the primaries were windnig down he had "Know of her but had never met her"

damyanti
11-21-2008, 12:44 AM
No body knows all, so to expect that of politicians would be unfair...and I do not, because everyone makes slip-ups.

But I do expect of them to have the basic grasp of economic fundamentals, to know how to be diplomatic and gracious, to understand that being a bully isnt the same as being tough. I expect them to know that they dont know all and that it is important to surround yourself with people who are good in their fields and take their advice.

I am disgusted when they mistake political rallies for Sunday service and forget that their job is to guarantee freedom of individual choice and not try to pass fundamentals of ther religion as state law.

With Sarah Palin I would have settled for her learing what job she is running for. I saw her answer the question of what it is that VP does, what her responsibilities would be and what authority she would have, 5 or 6(!) times in different interviews through out the period of several months. She repeatedly(!) answered wrong, she repeatedly stated that she will "choose" to exercise jurisdiction and authority that are prohibited (for VP) by the Constitution. Now thats SCARY.

Sarah Palin didnt make slip-ups. She again and again failed to understand the importance of checking facts before making accusations. Or she did it on purpose because the "base" she was trying to suck-up to is notorious for not caring about facts as long as there is someone to blame and shoot at.

I have to admit though, she had me fooled at first. Based on her public speaches I found her dangerous and zealous person, but I did give her credit for being intelligent and smarter than Bush. Boy, was I wrong! She is Bush in a skirt.

Its one thing not to know something, and be elegant about getting yourself out of it. Its completely another thing being arrogant about your ignorance or deliberately lying about things everyone knows not to be true because everyone should just trust her...and then when exposed she whined like a little brat about "gotcha" media...very Commander in Chief. Ok, lets be "fair" what questions did she want reporters to ask her...hmmm...because not only was she unable to answer serious questions, she made a fool of herself on silly "human" questions too. She is the one who had cast herself into a "bulldog with lipstick" cartoon, she made a joke out of herself...media simply reported it.

I mean look at this:
Sarah Mania! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E)

You can dislike Obama, you can disagree with his policies, but he has never said something so stupid or allowed himself to be caught in a blatant lie. So many lies.

This is a silly point perhaps, but nonetheless it is a very good and telling example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv26Zv__Ca0

mkemse
11-21-2008, 04:49 AM
True but based on her many interviews, Palin came across as knowing less then basics when asked questions

voxelectronica
11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry but there were JUST AS MANY gaffs on the other side. I could list them but I don't see the point. It's pointless.

damyanti
11-22-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm sorry but there were JUST AS MANY gaffs on the other side. I could list them but I don't see the point. It's pointless.

No, please do...because I cant think of any. Yes, there were things the other side has taken out of context and tried to blow out of proportion, but it didnt work with anyone who uses his/hers brain.

We are not talking politics here, that you can agree or disagree with, but when did Obama come across as an idiot who flunked high school, when did he come across as nervous, desperate, angry, out of control, when was he caught COMPLETELY unprepared about any topic, when was he caught lacking the most fundamental clue about what he is talking about?

This isnt gaffs we are talking about with Palin, but complete disregard of her duties (I am talking here about the time she had no clue what the "bailout" was) and the lack of MOST BASIC knowledge.

Reminds me of that time when McCain aid said that we all know that Obama hangs around with terrorists even after it became clear to everyone that Ayers was 1960s radical anti-war activist who is today Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar and that, in any case, Obama does not have a close relationship with Ayers and knows him only slightly. Two separate investigations concluded that.

So the interviewer asks him to name someone other than Ayers? He says we all know who they are, all the while grinning in that cringe worthy way that bullies do when they are finally called out.
And that went on for 5-10 minutes with the interviewer reapeatedly asking him to name someone and the McCain aid repeating like an ass that we all know that Obama hangs with terrorists and that we all know who they are, :confused: :rolleyes:.

mkemse
11-22-2008, 08:41 AM
They recently did an interview withBill Ayers, who said he is NOT a friend of Obamam and he knows IObama no better then anyone else
Why is it that when everyone who mentioned that Obama hung outwith Ayers in the 60's NOBODY mentioned that Obama was all of either 6 or 8 years old, this was missed, but the fact that Obama was with Ayer was repeated over and over
My biggest issue with the McCain camp was that seemdd to spend mosto f their time critizising Obama for various reason, while Obamam disussed the issues
And as Obamam said "You attack your oppenenet and do not lay out your plans when you have no plans to lay out"
Does anyone yet know exactly what McCains plain are or were??

Dr_BuzzCzar
11-22-2008, 03:07 PM
...I'll quote Katt Williams" Go ahead, name them, I'll wait."

Personally, I can think of two gaffes by the Dems right off. Joe Biden on the "There will be a crisis..." and Obama saying there were 57 states before catching himself. There are certainly others, I just can't recall them as I was much more entertained by the constant stream of late night monologue fodder coming from the right.

...and now the turkey pardon video by Palin. Oh, if there's a god he/she won't let Sarah fade way...please, please, please. She is entirely too much fun and continues to marginalize the Republican party even more.

another idle thought...wonder how long before the Republicans nominate someone that doesn't have that creepy grin/smile that Bush-41, Bush-43, and Sen McCain have? Huckabee(whose politics I abhor) has this great engaging smile and a sense of humor; old 9-11 Rudy has the creepy grin down pretty well; Law and Order Fred can't smile without a rehearsal; Sarah can, her smile is pretty good; Switcheroo Romney is convinced he has the whole package including the smile but he just seems overall really creepy to me.

mkemse
11-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Who will be the Repbilcan Standard Bearer in 20102?? But will it make any difference dependong on how things go the next 4 years after Jan 20??

RickBulow74
11-22-2008, 04:13 PM
I had heard somewhere that Palin is the Front runner. As soon as I find that link I will post it here.

mkemse
11-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I had heard somewhere that Palin is the Front runner. As soon as I find that link I will post it here.

I heard the same thing also, if that is true the Republicans may have bigger problems then they thought they had
And Depending on the next 4 years, what happens in 2012 could end up being Academic by then

mkemse
11-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Both sides had their share of stuff, just one side was more pronouced on a regular basis

Muskan
11-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Sarah Mania!

You can dislike Obama, you can disagree with his policies, but he has never said something so stupid or allowed himself to be caught in a blatant lie. So many lies.

And what Sarah has to do with Obama?

wmrs2
03-01-2009, 09:07 PM

That being true, why did you bring up seeing Russia from their house and the exorbitant amount for clothing? You speak with liberal mouth and tongue in---I don't know where. Who do you think is paying attention to celebrities status here?

wmrs2
03-01-2009, 09:09 PM
True but in a Poll taken right after the election most people felt that McCain was to negative and unlike Obama did NOT discuss the issues or his stanceon most, he did it from time to time but he seemed to spend more time on Bashing Obama then disussing the issues that drovethie election
Obama was always talking about what he planned to do, i do not want to hijack thisthread withthat thmeme but Obamam during the campigining at least always disussedtheissue and his plans, McCain seemed more intrested in Bashing his Opendnet, if for no other reason he had no plans to handle the issues at large, we know what he planned to do with Iraq, wait til wewin he gave over views of what he would lie to see but he neevr realy offered solutions he seemed only to enlighten voters by thelling us hesee's this or not, so did everyone what where specific plans in dealing withi issues

but back to the thread i so not want to hijack itf
You do admit then that Bush won the war in Iraq?:dont:

wmrs2
03-01-2009, 09:25 PM
All this talk about who made the biggest mistake is rather pointless. It still thrills Dems to attack Bush. Yet in the finale analysis we know that the economy beat McCain and had their been a big bomb dropped on N.Y. Mccain would have won. Also, with Joe B. as V.P. and the mistakes he makes with tongue in ass, Sarah, Agnew, and Barney the Pig look like superior V.P. candidates. Just think what danger the country would be in if the Biden ever became President. Talk about dumb, Biden sets the record. God help us if anything ever happens to Obama.

Belgarold
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
All this talk about who made the biggest mistake is rather pointless. It still thrills Dems to attack Bush. Yet in the finale analysis we know that the economy beat McCain and had their been a big bomb dropped on N.Y. Mccain would have won. Also, with Joe B. as V.P. and the mistakes he makes with tongue in ass, Sarah, Agnew, and Barney the Pig look like superior V.P. candidates. Just think what danger the country would be in if the Biden ever became President. Talk about dumb, Biden sets the record. God help us if anything ever happens to Obama.

More talking points. McCAin ran an AWFUL campaign. He was all over the map. The Sarah Palin pick was a HUGE mistake and his "suspending the campaign" moment was ridiculous. I think he is one of the best the Republicans have and he LOOKED like a terrible leader, letting his handlers hold sway and letting Palin go Rogue.

And the gaffes from Palin don't bother me as much as her arrogance and inability to see that she needed to KNOW something to be in the public eye like she was. SHe IS Bush Lite.

Biden would be a MUCH better president than Palin would have made. Maybe not a fact, but certainly an educated prediction.

mkemse
03-02-2009, 04:05 AM
In reality Mccaon is a RINO, (Republican In Name Only) Bush's failures killed Mccain and hisslecton of Plin only added insult to injury in the election, Mccain lost by latger thena 2-1 margin, that was a Mandate as was the of year elecrion in 2006 and in a recent poll Palin led all possible Candidates rgw republicans have for 2012 and she only had 29% so the Republicans have no clear curt leadwr right now for 2012

Thorne
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
the Republicans have no clear curt leadwr right now for 2012

Oh for cryin' out loud! I'm still trying to settle my stomach from the endless 2008 campaigning. Which started in 2006, didn't it? PLEASE let's not start talking 2012 already!

mkemse
03-02-2009, 02:20 PM
Oh for cryin' out loud! I'm still trying to settle my stomach from the endless 2008 campaigning. Which started in 2006, didn't it? PLEASE let's not start talking 2012 already!

it ws just something brought up on meet the press yesterday thats all that the american way start talking 4 years before the fact

Belgarold
03-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Hehehehehe. Thorne. I agree with you. I will happily leave it alone. LOL.

wmrs2
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Hehehehehe. Thorne. I agree with you. I will happily leave it alone. LOL.
I will go along with that.

Seroquel
12-19-2009, 08:49 PM
Even seeing it on English news (why do you guys show your election stuff over here?) I can tell Obama got elected because he had no real opposition. McCain chose to campaign with someone I wouldn't even trust to work in a call centre and there was no way Obama could have lost when some McCain supporters started being overtly racist.

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:00 PM
He is not doing very well yet! He is losing support. And has yet to stop campaigning!

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:01 PM
And Obama, the man now in charge thought there we 54 states!

Actual had it not been for Sarah Palin i would have voted for McvCasin ,but I have a real issue when someone who would be 2nd in Command in this Country thinksthat Africa is a NATION and not a Continent, i can't imgine how shewouls have handled other critical issue

buti do not want ot hijack this thread, just wanted to point that out

Let's see wha happens 52% of th voting public know why they voted for Obamam or is not the entie 52% enoughthat ther issues surroundig the way votes wre obtained becomes mute

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:07 PM
The Bill Ayers issue is simple, Barack was 8 years old at that time, that was never mentionedObama was eight years old while sitting on a board with Ayers? Obama was eight years old while planning his first public politcal campaigns in Ayers house?

I think not!
And yes it does matter. Ayers is proud of what he did thinks he did not do enough and still has the same desires he did then!

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:14 PM
No, please do...because I cant think of any. Yes, there were things the other side has taken out of context and tried to blow out of proportion, but it didnt work with anyone who uses his/hers brain.

Last May(2007), he claimed that Kansas tornadoes killed a whopping 10,000 people: “In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died — an entire town destroyed.” The actual death toll: 12.
*Earlier this month(May 2008) in Oregon, he redrew the map of the United States: “Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go.”
*Last week(may 2008), in front of a roaring Sioux Falls, South Dakota audience, Obama exulted: “Thank you Sioux City…I said it wrong. I’ve been in Iowa for too long. I’m sorry.”
*Explaining last week(May 2008) why he was trailing Hillary Clinton in Kentucky, Obama again botched basic geography: “Sen. Clinton, I think, is much better known, coming from a nearby state of Arkansas. So it’s not surprising that she would have an advantage in some of those states in the middle.” On what map is Arkansas closer to Kentucky than Illinois?
*Obama has as much trouble with numbers as he has with maps. Last March(2008), on the anniversary of the Bloody Sunday march in Selma, Alabama, he claimed his parents united as a direct result of the civil rights movement:
“There was something stirring across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama, because some folks are willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama Jr. was born.” Obama was born in 1961. The Selma march took place in 1965.

Is that enough?

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Nobody claimed it was in the 60s

They recently did an interview withBill Ayers, who said he is NOT a friend of Obamam and he knows IObama no better then anyone else
Why is it that when everyone who mentioned that Obama hung outwith Ayers in the 60's NOBODY mentioned that Obama was all of either 6 or 8 years old, this was missed, but the fact that Obama was with Ayer was repeated over and over
My biggest issue with the McCain camp was that seemdd to spend mosto f their time critizising Obama for various reason, while Obamam disussed the issues
And as Obamam said "You attack your oppenenet and do not lay out your plans when you have no plans to lay out"
Does anyone yet know exactly what McCains plain are or were??

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:18 PM
The entire focus of the mainia is to present all kinds of disparaging remarks about Ms Palin.
I believe that is called fear!

Sarah Mania!

And what Sarah has to do with Obama?

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Someone was kind enough to post the real quote. She never said from her house. Only that Russia can be seen from "land" in Alaska.
Does anybody here even really know where Russia is?

That being true, why did you bring up seeing Russia from their house and the exorbitant amount for clothing? You speak with liberal mouth and tongue in---I don't know where. Who do you think is paying attention to celebrities status here?

DuncanONeil
12-19-2009, 11:20 PM
The 2008 campaign has yet to end!!!

Thorne
12-20-2009, 07:09 AM
The 2008 campaign has yet to end!!!

Yeah, I noticed! Oh, my aching gut!

mkemse
12-20-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm interested in how Sarah Palin would have answered all those questions.

Have Katie Couric ask her :)

Wiscoman
12-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Have Katie Couric ask her :)

I'm pretty sure she just has an index card she pulls random answers off of:

"You betcha!"
"Putin!"
"Moose chili..."
"Jesus..."
"Darn tootin'!"
"Terr'ists!"
"Socialism!"
"Death panels!"
"For Pete's sake!"
"Snow machines..."
"Boy howdy!"
"I quit."

DuncanONeil
12-25-2009, 01:07 PM
One can only presume that such is the case because that is the one thing the President knows he is good at, pressuring "the man" to surrender to "the underserved community"

Yeah, I noticed! Oh, my aching gut!

DuncanONeil
12-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Anti-thanks

I'm pretty sure she just has an index card she pulls random answers off of:

"You betcha!"
"Putin!"
"Moose chili..."
"Jesus..."
"Darn tootin'!"
"Terr'ists!"
"Socialism!"