PDA

View Full Version : Latex free latex clothing?

robred1
07-30-2004, 06:39 PM
I recently watched an episode of HBO's Real Sex that featured latex clothing. To my surprise, my fiancee showed real interest in the look of latex and the way it improved the curves of the women who were wearing it.

Here's the problem. She's severely allergic to latex! We have to use microsheer polyurethane condoms because of her severe allergy.

So, beside PVC, is there anywhere that sells clothing with the same look and feel of latex, but doesn't actually contain any latex?

BDSM_Tourguide
07-30-2004, 07:11 PM
You can purchase or have actual rubber clothing made. However, many people don't deal in actual rubber and finding someone is going to be A) very, very hard and B) very, very expensive.

Your best bets are PVC and leather. If you absolutely must go with rubber, then keep in mind the following things:

It's hot. Rubber does not breathe or allow for the effective transfer of body heat. If worn, it can lead to dehydration and heat stroke.

Like latex, rubber will sometimes dry out and crack. If you find rubber clothing, be sure to ask how to prevent this.

I will once again say it is very expensive. A latex thong I saw in a shop once ran for about $25. A rubber panty I'd seen in a shop later on cost about $125.

Another possible consideration is neoprene. That's the stuff they make wetsuits out of. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Dngnkeeper
07-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Another option is spandex. It is easy to find and relatively inexpensive.

Bruce and Valorie make great clothing of many types kinky and otherwise check them out at www.spandexwear.com

DK

new master
07-31-2004, 03:52 AM
wow and i thought i pose tough questions!! :confused: but is think i agree the best option may be pvc

Mobius
07-31-2004, 07:50 AM
what about celefane. It is cheap if wound tightly enough it can have some of the smoothing efects of latex.

Master514
08-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Another option is spandex. It is easy to find and relatively inexpensive.

Bruce and Valorie make great clothing of many types kinky and otherwise check them out at www.spandexwear.com

DK

Truly traumatizing. I say Bruce should take a leave and let Valorie model the clothing.

robred1
08-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Thanks. That's pretty much what I figured.

lalia
05-18-2006, 06:52 PM
try neoprene wetsuits made of smooth skin or glide skin link to it from a aquagirl dite or some thing like that, a rubber fetishist with a latex allergy is quite a predicament, she may be allergic to the dust that it is packaged with or the lube and spermicide of the condom, a true latex allergy is almot unheard of. all those nurses who had bad hand reactions and blamed it on the latex gloves actually werent rinsing off the soap good enough that they washed their hands with 20 or more times a day (mini8mum)think of thisif she had to have surgery do you think every one wouldnt use latex gloves? surgeons need the dexterity of them and i am sure she would nt die from use of latex in surgery, ok?tell me if I oh so wong because i no tink i oh so wong cuz I am a nursey ,lol.

Ozme52
05-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm with the neoprene crowd. Suits can be heavy (up to 7-mils thick) or light. 3-mils is usually the lightest for diving suits... but if you're having something tailored... you can probably get thinner.

Silke
05-19-2006, 06:07 AM
Has anyone mentioned vinyl yet? I've read something about that in another thread...

Mistress Florence
05-19-2006, 08:28 AM
All I know about vinyl stuff is that it's expensive! well that's what I gather from the price of those lovely black vinyl dildos.. oh I so want one for my harness!
I think clothes made from it would be pricey too.

Putnamcocpl
05-26-2006, 06:25 PM
try neoprene wetsuits made of smooth skin or glide skin link to it from a aquagirl dite or some thing like that, a rubber fetishist with a latex allergy is quite a predicament, she may be allergic to the dust that it is packaged with or the lube and spermicide of the condom, a true latex allergy is almot unheard of. all those nurses who had bad hand reactions and blamed it on the latex gloves actually werent rinsing off the soap good enough that they washed their hands with 20 or more times a day (mini8mum)think of thisif she had to have surgery do you think every one wouldnt use latex gloves? surgeons need the dexterity of them and i am sure she would nt die from use of latex in surgery, ok?tell me if I oh so wong because i no tink i oh so wong cuz I am a nursey ,lol.

Actually, its not. Trust me. My wife has been cursed with this type of allergy as well, It developed over a short period of time, after constant conact with latex gloves. Latex gloves arent the same as condoms, or the rubber used in halloween masks. Yes they are all latex, but different types of the same thing. And trust me, its the rubber, not the powders or spermicide. Any contact and the hives, swelling of the eyes, and intensely sick.

We discovered or figured out the allergy thankfully before using a condom. The doctors have said it would be almost as bad as a toxic shock reaction