PDA

View Full Version : Pain connaisseurs

Clevernick
11-21-2008, 04:37 AM
I laughed reading this, but then realized that there are those among us who may well wish to review pain as oenophiles review wines.

Fortunately, Justin O. Schmidt has made a good start by rating the stings of insects (from Wikipedia "Schmidt_Sting_Pain_Index")

Subsequently, Schmidt has refined his scale, culminating in a paper published in 1990 which classifies the stings of 78 species and 41 genera of Hymenoptera. Notably, Schmidt described some of the experiences in vivid and almost synesthetic detail:

* 1.0 Sweat bee: Light, ephemeral, almost fruity. A tiny spark has singed a single hair on your arm.
* 1.2 Fire ant: Sharp, sudden, mildly alarming. Like walking across a shag carpet & reaching for the light switch.
* 1.8 Bullhorn acacia ant: A rare, piercing, elevated sort of pain. Someone has fired a staple into your cheek.
* 2.0 Bald-faced hornet: Rich, hearty, slightly crunchy. Similar to getting your hand mashed in a revolving door.
* 2.0 Yellowjacket: Hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine W. C. Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue.
* 2.x Honey bee and European hornet: Like a matchhead that flips off and burns on your skin.
* 3.0 Red harvester ant: Bold and unrelenting. Somebody is using a drill to excavate your ingrown toenail.
* 3.0 Paper wasp: Caustic & burning. Distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut.
* 4.0 Tarantula hawk: Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath.
* 4.0+ Bullet ant: Pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail in your heel.

So do masochists wish to contribute equally vivid and synesthetic descriptions of canes, paddles, whips, crops, and sneakers?

SauvagePouline
11-21-2008, 05:33 AM
I don't have much to contribute.. but wow. That's definitely creative. Although I wonder, has he ever had a cigar put out on his tongue? Or walked across hot coals? lol

Pearlgem
11-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Great thread, Clevernick. But my big surprise is, the list doesn't stop half way through. Isn't 'cigar on tongue' pretty much sore enough? Only middling, wimpish sort of pain? I must get out more!
I will most certainly contribute to this thread once I have poured over my 'Thrashed Bottom Thesaurus.'

denuseri
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM
lol, I am no pain slut, but I sure have seen my share of pain.

I dont know if I will contribute yet.

I need to really think about it, some things many will find unsetteling if I get going on this thread.

But Thank you so much for posting it, at the very least I am going to re-examine my views on different sorts of masocistic play.

JohnVanDom
11-21-2008, 02:02 PM
1. Into M/f romance (vanilla) yet cruises bdsm sites in secret: sacrificial lamb (complete with her own altar)
2. Into light spanking - hates everything else, claims to be submissive: safety belt with airbag :eek:
3. Into moderate spanking - will make a deal to get you to stop: playschool princess
4. Into light bondage and tickling: tickle me slomo :blurp_ani
5. Into bondage and moderate spanking: sooner have a nooner
6. Into belt whipping and moderate painplay: afternoon delight
7. Into bondage and the above: sadist's supper :bondage:
8. Into rough sex, heat/cold, canes, whips + 6 & 7: Dominant's Dessert
9. Dresses for play/undresses for play/displays on command, will obey any command if it eventually leads to her nudity or your pleasure... + 6,7,8... I'd call that a full-meal deal, (WITH midnight snack, breakfast AND room service) :crawlgirl :bondage:
10. All of the above AND smirks AND seems to have NO LIMITS that anyone but a monster would ever even get close to? Hell, I don't know, but I've been lucky enough (twice!) to have that problem :bullwhip:

Which is why I'm the luckiest man in the world! Anybody have a name for THAT, let me know! (although usually, "my partner, my true love" pretty well says it for me... with a tremble... :)

:starwars:

Velvet Rush
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
OOOhhh... I like that list!!! Thanks so much...I need to share that with my friend.... so far I've gotten to 8 except for canes but I get to try canes this weekend...lol.... on my way to 10.... woohooo.... though I must say 9 doesnt seem to be very masochistic...lol

BrightFyrefly
12-09-2008, 04:41 PM
I like this thread, and I should have my Master look at it and see if he has anything to contribute. I think he would enjoy it.