PDA

View Full Version : E is for Edge Play

guest010609
11-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Hi, everyone! I am posting in the hopes of drawing attention to my new moderated group, here at the library. It's kinda slow going to build a group of this type since certainly edge play is not for everyone, and these extreme sort of kinks can be hard to talk about openly- even among others who enjoy the outer boundries of bdsm. Anyway, please feel free to check it out and especially read the first few of my posts which explain how I define edge play, since definitions are certainly variable. Also, hey... why not get a bit of a discussion going right here? I'm interested on how others would define edge play...Here is a direct link to the group too, so you don't even have to search for it :).http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/group.php?groupid=16

jeanne
11-22-2008, 09:55 AM
To me, edge play is anything that approaches those soft limits we all have. So if my soft limit is anal (which it isn't - yay!) then any play by a Dom in that area would be edge play.

In other words, if I'm genuinely going to struggle with accepting it, then it's edge play to me.

guest010609
11-22-2008, 10:27 AM
To me, edge play is anything that approaches those soft limits we all have. So if my soft limit is anal (which it isn't - yay!) then any play by a Dom in that area would be edge play.

In other words, if I'm genuinely going to struggle with accepting it, then it's edge play to me.

Hmmm, to be honest I never really thought of it in those terms. I guess it's because I have a consentual non-consent agreement with my Master and have for going on 10 years. Consequently, I really don't have limits, per say. I have things that I really do not want to do, often variable day by day. I am allowed to voice an objection to anything that I don't wish to do, however if he chooses to disregard my objections, I have two choices- submit or physically fight back until I am taken down and something far worse than what was originally planned for will happen. Sometimes he accepts my suggestions to avoid a certain activity, sometimes he doesn't. I have learned though that fighting back is never rewarding and it's very rare that I do.

My thinking about edge play (no doubt because of the above) is that it is anything that stands a fair risk of damage mentally, emotionally or physically to the slave. However, I do think that your definition is a very valid one for 99% of the bdsm population. We are just a very different dynamic than what most couples have, so my view is skewed toward that dynamic.

Thank you very much for posting that, because it made me realize how different the definitions can be. :)

felinefred
11-09-2011, 04:30 AM
I guess my definition of edge play would be the same as the one originally posted. It's pushing my soft limits, I also, have different limits different days. I'm new to BDSM and am not completely sure what my soft and hard limits are as yet. My dom would like for there to be none but we shall see!

slaveboy 6
12-20-2014, 10:29 AM
My experience with edge-play is very different than what I've read here. I'm referring to tease and denial. That's when a Domme, while I'm tied down, teases me to the point of cumming, then stops. That's very affective, because in that state I'd do anything she wanted. I've had that happen to me. In fact one Domme took me up to the point of exploding five times, but each She'd whip me until I lost the hard-on. Then She'd send me back up again. Finally, the last time I was up, She flicked the head of my cock with Her finger and cum dribbled out in buckets.

CharlesWolf77
12-14-2016, 09:02 PM
My first erotic story dealt with edging, with the protagonist, in a public setting, being secretly given a prolonged handjob by a dominant milf, who is an expert at keeping him on the edge of orgasm.

it's a fun subject.

slaveboy 6
03-29-2017, 11:34 AM
F is for flogging, which is used mainly on the back or buttocks during a session. It depends on what the sub's limits are (if there are any) as to how much flogging a sub can take.