PDA

View Full Version : asphyxiating my sub :)

Matin
11-27-2008, 11:53 PM
this question is exatly what it sounds like lol

my girl loves it. the harder i squeeze, the harder she comes. now please understand i'm not complaining. but i'm not a weak man and i would like to ask whether there are limits to how much pressure the human neck can take? she's actually passed out.. no.. faded out a little is better.. a couple times now, and i've bruised her neck once.

so far no injuries, but ive called a halt to this play till i find out if i might do her any injury.

are there guidelines as to where to apply pressure, or areas to avoid, oranything like that?

i'd really appreciate any input:)

-matin

Veralynne
11-28-2008, 12:08 AM
I understand where she's coming from- I really enjoy the same thing. I think there is an article on it in the BDSM health section and a recent topic of breath play.

With me, I don't mind passing out- but don't like to be "choked" so much. So I guess my only advice is don't push too hard on the windpipe- but focus as you do on just having her "fade out". :-P

SubmissiveDoll
11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
The breathplay thread is actually in the submissive's folder. Matin, I would suggest reading through that thread, and asking questions you might still have after you read it.

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17896

Here is the link for that thread.

tusayan
11-28-2008, 11:24 AM
There are many risks with breath play, some immediate and easily recognized -- others can go largely unrecognized in the short term but have real consequences. At least a working knowledge of what is going on with the human body during breath control as well as the health condition of the sub is essential at well.

The following is a helpful resource:
http://www.text-solution.com/breath.html

I'm sure I am preaching to the (experienced) choir here, but this is a type of play that should be taken very seriously. Be safe and have fun!

Ozme52
11-28-2008, 11:27 AM
You'e right to be concerned about safety.

This... and suspension bondage (and often choking under suspension) are, I believe, the two greatest causes of accidental death in the lifestyle.

The neck and all the parts within are among the most fragile body components.

denuseri
11-28-2008, 02:39 PM
It is not as dangerous as some people think so long as it is done in a safe manner.

Statistics indicate that most deaths from this type of play occure in males that are doing it alone without the help of a second party to monitor them.

In some very rare cases it may trigger a carotid sinus reflex and result in death, but Doctors havent gathered enough information as of yet to support or refute this claim.

SubmissiveDoll
11-28-2008, 03:11 PM
It is not as dangerous as some people think so long as it is done in a safe manner.

Statistics indicate that most deaths from this type of play occure in males that are doing it alone without the help of a second party to monitor them.

In some very rare cases it may trigger a carotid sinus reflex and result in death, but Doctors havent gathered enough information as of yet to support or refute this claim.

It's always fun when the nurses chime in. *grins*

tusayan
11-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Fair enough and I wasn't trying to scare people off with my post. I do happen to have known someone who became one of those statistics, however, so maybe I take it more seriously than others.

We can agree, though, that doing some homework and having some experience helps to make sure it is being "done in a safe manner"?

SubmissiveDoll
11-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Fair enough and I wasn't trying to scare people off with my post. I do happen to have known someone who became one of those statistics, however, so maybe I take it more seriously than others.

We can agree, though, that doing some homework and having some experience helps to make sure it is being "done in a safe manner"?

Breathplay is something I love, a lot. I wasn't scare off at all. I haven't changed my mind a bit about it. I do agree whole heartedly that you should do some homework before engaging in any sort of play, especially ones that can do serious damage. I loved the article you posted, I read it, and learned a thing or two. Thank you for sharing.

tusayan
11-28-2008, 09:38 PM
Breathplay is something I love, a lot. I wasn't scare off at all. I haven't changed my mind a bit about it. I do agree whole heartedly that you should do some homework before engaging in any sort of play, especially ones that can do serious damage. I loved the article you posted, I read it, and learned a thing or two. Thank you for sharing.

It's a kink that many people enjoy, myself included. :)

I also can't take full credit for the link, it was something that was brought to my attention by someone else. But I'm glad it's useful to those here.

Matin
11-28-2008, 10:59 PM
my mind is much more at ease now. that thread was fun to read, the article was.. mmm... uncomfortable (lol ive never liked clinical writing) but it all amounts to a good safe fun time if done right.

i'm thrilled:) and she will be too.

merci!

Willsubmit2
11-29-2008, 06:09 PM
this question is exatly what it sounds like lol

my girl loves it. the harder i squeeze, the harder she comes. now please understand i'm not complaining. but i'm not a weak man and i would like to ask whether there are limits to how much pressure the human neck can take? she's actually passed out.. no.. faded out a little is better.. a couple times now, and i've bruised her neck once.

so far no injuries, but ive called a halt to this play till i find out if i might do her any injury.

are there guidelines as to where to apply pressure, or areas to avoid, oranything like that?

i'd really appreciate any input:)

-matin

My Dom does it to me very often, he states to avoid squeezing the area between the juggulars because it's difficult to reopen the area....p.s. im glad to see another sub like this as much as i do...:)

allalone46
11-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Thjere is a problem with it. And embolisom can accure. That is the problem with this play.

Matin
11-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Thjere is a problem with it. And embolisom can accure. That is the problem with this play.

could you tell me how that might happen?

i definitely need to avoid that

denuseri
11-30-2008, 11:03 AM
"Aneurysm" is the term I believe you are looking for allalone.

It is a very rare and disputable as to if breath play would cuase or agravate an aneurysm but a far more likely possibility to occur than cuasation of an embolism.

Aneurysms are mentioned in the very informative article link tusayan provided.

Or both terms may be looked up online quite easily if one wishes to find a second or even third oppinion considering the lack of academic oversite exercised on the internet.

bpqueen
11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
I have found some interesting articles through a normal google search on breath control, but there is one at the deviant's dictionary that is especially informative on different techniques (I'd post the link but am unable). With the carotid artery technique she can get the same benefits (blackness, fading, head rush, heightened awareness) with less pressure and little contact directly on the most fragile areas of the neck. Personally, I prefer this method, while my Master remains focused on the windpipe.

icey
12-05-2008, 02:44 PM
here is an interesting article by jay wiseman.

http://epedominion.net/HealthSafty/breath.htm

i love breath play however i know the risks involved and take my own responsibility for that, somebody mentioned they dont mind passing out?
im sorry if i appear rude but as well as being a bit on the dangerous side and none too pleasent doesnt it kind of defeat the object?
im assuming you dont have intercourse while you're unconcious or feeling headachy, hot and nauseous afterwards!