PDA

View Full Version : Submissive Females Area-- Interest?

thepast
12-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi gang,

In speaking w/another member, we were discussing the idea of perhaps having a female submissives area on the site (eventually potentially even out-linking to another Library based site)... it would be a limited access-type area (again, female submissives only!), meant for those who are looking to enhance their submission through r/l, daily means (not only sexual!)... and also looking for some support.

By limited access I mean much like the tasking area, you would be granted access into the area, it wouldn't be accessible to all. But unlike the tasking area, there would be a greater security for this type of thing because of the topics & issues & things that would be discussed...

We can make it as complex or simple as we want it... But I know many submissive females are searching for that "thing" that will help them grow into a better submissive not only for their Dominant, but for themselves. Again, I would stress we're looking for the "hollistic" approach with this--not just sexual, but theory, service, daily life...

Access would be limited to those who identify as a female submissive. Open to lesbian, bisexual, heterosexual, etc.

Please, males, don't post back that you're pissed you wouldn't have access *smiles*

Any interest out there??

If you don't want to express your view in public, you can send me a PM as well :)

Ladymad
12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Definite interest! How long do I have to wait?!

Still can't help thinking of those poor, lowly male subs though... What if there was a different section for male subs?

Hawksinger
12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
interesting idea

denuseri
12-01-2008, 10:26 AM
This has lots of potential

Veralynne
12-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Interest, interest, interest.

jeanne
12-01-2008, 11:42 AM
Yes - I am interested. One thing to consider - would switches be 'allowed'? Maybe the solution is to have something for each group - Dominants (separated into male/female?), switches, male submissives, female submissives.

Veralynne
12-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Yeah jeanne- that would be cool- although I also like what we have now in terms of being able to go into a Dom room and ask them questions. So... maybe have a private and a public room?

Ozme52
12-01-2008, 11:52 AM
I don't know if you really need a private dominant's area. Other places that have tried get very little activity in them.

But other than that, I approve of a private area for subs, always have, seeing how many doms subvert the serious conversations into play.

My only concern is that if it will cause fewer conversations of a serious nature in the general forums... Most of the valuable threads seem to be started by the subs.

jeanne
12-01-2008, 11:55 AM
Absolutely - keep what we have, the private areas just for things we want to keep private.

Zarine13
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm interested in it for sure.

shayna{L_D}
12-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Sounds like a great idea Delia.

gemmy
12-01-2008, 12:24 PM
I'm with jeanne on her suggestion - female submissives only - give an area to each if you can and think it would grow but when you mix up submissives with switches, I think it detracts from the subs being confident enough to voice the really deep things they want to with other subs.

I also think it would be unfair to other Dommes if switches are allowed private access to subs that the Dommes aren't. Hard call I suppose.

I think Oz, that they would find that what a submissive is scared to post in public, she would in private and then build the courage to bring it to the entire forum. I have seen this work successfully before.

It would also provide an area of no b/s or power tripping and especially with delia in the lead.

Solid idea delia, good luck with the endeavour!

Pearlgem
12-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Delia, will there be settees there?

thepast
12-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Just to clarify... *smiles*...

It is going to start out as female subs only. If interest blooms, we'll see from there. Historically (as I believe Oz mentioned), "private areas" tend not to be needed for Dominants (esp. Male dominants), but again, who knows as time goes on.

The purpose of this area isn't to block out convos from the main forums or even to detract from the main forums... It would be to provide a private, safe area for female submissives to work on personal growth as a female submissive in areas BEYOND sexuality. It isn't going to be some "secret society" type of thing--that's crap & I don't believe in them-- or a That being said, there WILL be an access gate, of which I will have to discuss with Mr. Site Admin how we will do it (hey, I happen to know where He lives... how convenient...) but my guess would be something like the Tasking Society. Again, privacy & safety are our concerns.

If people decide to bring their BS & drama into there, that's fantastic, they will see themselves right out the door. Also, it won't be a "psssst guess what's going on behind the secret door" kind of a thing... It isn't meant for gossip (there will be NONE) or anything like that. It is really just meant as a safe, personal growth space. There WILL be structure to it--this isn't going to be a willy-nilly playhouse--so if y'all are thinking this is like another chat room or a lounge or a fun & games section... errrr... no. *smiles* The plan really is to provide a grown-up zone for grown-up discussions.
Most likely, the post counter will be turned off in the area & there will be a minimum word posting requirement in some parts. Read into that what you wish. *smiles*

Hopefully maybe that helps clarify some points people have brought up...

Keep the comments coming!

thegirlwonder
12-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Yay! Such a great idea, Deeels <3 *votes in favor of settees also*

thewhiterabbit
12-01-2008, 01:03 PM
I'm with jeanne on her suggestion - female submissives only - give an area to each if you can and think it would grow but when you mix up submissives with switches, I think it detracts from the subs being confident enough to voice the really deep things they want to with other subs.

I also think it would be unfair to other Dommes if switches are allowed private access to subs that the Dommes aren't. Hard call I suppose.

I think Oz, that they would find that what a submissive is scared to post in public, she would in private and then build the courage to bring it to the entire forum. I have seen this work successfully before.

It would also provide an area of no b/s or power tripping and especially with delia in the lead.

Solid idea delia, good luck with the endeavour!

What about switches who identify more with one side over the other? What about a submissive who's curious to the idea? What about a sub who only switches because her master wants her to? I think there's a grey area in this. I see no reason to believe that a switch would be "trolling" the area for meat instead of simply participating in the convo. As far as giving the switches their own area, I can't speak for others but there seems to be fewer switches than subs- I've gained more from being active in other forum areas.

All in all though, if I'm being honest, I guess I'd be in the minority. I don't like the idea of setting up private clubs where you can only be a member if you fulfill x, y, and z. Don't they already have "groups" for that? Why not divide the genders by sexual orientation next? I don't like active exclusion based on other peoples standards.

blythe spirit
12-01-2008, 01:07 PM
What about transsexuals/genders? I don't believe they were mentioned. If you are a man and present yourself as a female, but haven't had the "change?" Can you please address this?

Also, is this just a learning/growing space - or can we go there and bitch about Doms? lol

thepast
12-01-2008, 01:11 PM
1. There is going to be NO bitching about people--Doms or otherwise. Esp. not by name. We aren't getting into that crap.

2. Concerns re: identifiers. I am not a big jumper-upper (is that even a phrase?) on labeling people. BUT... there is a purpose here to doing so, and it will be held to. As I mentioned, in the future, if there is a need for another type of area, and more people come forward, we can discuss it... but if you look at the Dominant's Dungeon/Sub Couch/Switch Chaisse & look at the convos in them, I think you will see why maybe starting w/female subs isn't a bad idea.

The notion that we're exclusive... yes. It would be to some degree. Is it discriminatory? Yes. But the effects & purpose justify the means--it's rational, proportional & shows congruence. If you don't "fit" into the female sub category, but would want entrance, that is something you & I could discuss in PM. I am not an unreasonable person (though I am sure some would disagree! *LAUGHS*)-- if you can tell me why you would benefit from it, and why you want in, we'll talk.

denuseri
12-01-2008, 01:14 PM
It is going to start out as female subs only. If interest blooms, we'll see from there.

I believe she has allready addressed who and what and why you all.

Including who exactly will be given access.

At least I personally believe this is a great idea, especially since some of us are not so comfortable discussing some things in front of different genders and holders of different primary roles etc.

Though I must admit I am not looking forward to ominous mention of writting assignments, especially if I will be graded on spelling lol.

thepast
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Keep on topic, denuseri *smiles & cracks my whip* Nothing about writing assignments....

More comments or questions folks?? I want this to be pretty transparent so no one is feeling unjustly uninformed...

SOUTHERN GENTLEMAN
12-01-2008, 03:04 PM
I hope this is going where it belongs.
Delia, it's a great idea. You LADIES sould have a spot to "GET AWAY TO", and talk amoung yourselves. Great time to grow. Limited access is Ok.
We can't be all to everyone. Friends, (like minded people) will have the chance to explore, learn, etc., and EXPRESS them selves. As you said, the concept is more that just sexual. To me, Dom/Sub is way more that JUST sexual.
Well Guys, whats the differance in Ladies getting together for a drink after work and chewing the fat about WHAT EVERY that we don't know about. WHAT'S SAID @ AT THE TABLE STAYS @ AT THE TABLE. Gentleman, we're the same. We do it too, and thats a good thing. I see this will benifit us all.
Jeanne, and others, you have good points, but see where this goes. If it works, expand on it for other like minded folks.
Ozme, GREAT THOUGHT/COMNENT. Don't let ANYTHING take ANYONE/GROUP underground.
S G

hissexypet
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
great idea, count me in!!!!!

devilishsub
12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds great and I'm looking forward to it!!!

cadence
12-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Also, is this just a learning/growing space - or can we go there and bitch about Doms? lol

LOL, I was going to say, I'm all for it since I could freely bitch about certain Doms, but I see delia already put the kibosh to that :(

I'm for the place, as I know I sometimes would like to discuss certain issues in a more private setting other than have the whole forum know my business.

Diablo
12-01-2008, 05:49 PM
What about handicapped pre-op furries?

DiablosLittleOne
12-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey little d, this is a great idea! Where do I sign up? ;)

blythe spirit
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I believe she has allready addressed who and what and why you all.

Sorry, hun, you may have misunderstood. Trans were not mentioned to my knowledge. And simply saying "female subs only" does not exclude them, because they are "female subs" even if not anatomically correct.

As a member of a site that had this very idea, much trouble arose from excluding Trannies. I was simply trying to eliminate all possible problems. Hope you understand.

thepast
12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, it doesn't matter... i got the message, blythe, and i believe i addressed it :)

Sooo... it looks like we're a go to launch! Now we have to get it firmed up & structured and we're off! Stay tuned folks!

blythe spirit
12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Yes, you did, delia. I appreciate you taking the time to address the potential problem, after I brought it to your attention. Thanks.

I wish you the best of luck in this new endeavor.

His_blizzard
12-02-2008, 04:16 AM
As that pesky sub that I tried to bury with Dragon seems to have resurrected, I may be interested as well. It has been awhile since I have actually worked on bettering my submissive self. Pleaase keep me informed delia. Thanks~ ~blizz~

WorldTraveller
12-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi :)

Im very interested too - please let me know :)

his_girl_l
12-02-2008, 06:02 AM
That sound great - i'd defenitely use an area like that

bpqueen
12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
I am interested, and will endeavor to learn how to navigate the community better to keep up with the chatter. :-)

jezabel
12-02-2008, 10:11 AM
yes please Delia, would love to join, esp if theres gonna be an area where all convos are private....i dont mean be horrible to anyone, just being able to discuss situations/ problems in private

lucy
12-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm also interested.

thepast
12-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Ok, we're getting it put together now... but it will probably take a week before we're ready to launch. When the time comes, I'll stick an announcement up so you'll know and then can send the proper person a PM. Please note it will be a screening process, so be alert to the fact it won't be instantanious access.

If you are interested in participating in a capacity beyond a participant (i.e. having some sort of "job"), please send me a PM & we'll chat.

sinderella
12-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm interested in it for sure.

me toOo... great idea!:)

SUBtly_shy
12-03-2008, 01:38 AM
Delia

Love the idea. It would be wonderful to have task ideas to work on some of my issues with submission. A place to talk to like minds and work at being a better sub. So points to you for an awesome idea. Let me know when you start it up I look forward to it!

DaddysBadPrincess
12-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Being new to the lifestyle, i crave ever more information on how best to meet DaddyJims expectations of me as His sub, as well as my own! Please, count me in, as well!

bluemisty(Mw)
12-06-2008, 04:39 PM
please add me to your list of those interested delia...smiles

submissiveme
12-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I like the idea.

thepast
12-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Again ladies, please send DiablosLittleOne a PM with your interest + email acct so she can link up with you... posting in this thread doesn't get you access :)

I am going to go ahead & close it since it's served it's purpose...

Thanks again folks for your input!