PDA

View Full Version : Definition of Pet ?

Velvet Rush
12-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey all...been floating around here and trying to find some info on a term I have heard mentioned several times .... what is the difference between a sub and a pet?? I've read the posts and threads on sub vs slave and stuff and basically get the idea there but have yet to find a definition for "pet"... so hoping someone could give me a general idea what they think the difference might be... thanks a bunch!!

DarkChimera
12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
I believe the term 'pet' refers to Daddy's girl or babydoll role... I am not too sure as I may be wrong.

Logic1
12-04-2008, 09:16 AM
To Me, pet means something positive that I call my girl. To other people it could mean other things as there are things like "pet play" where the sub plays the "role" of the Masters or Mistress pet as in kitty/piglet something else.
I dont think that you can find the exact meaning in Websters or so though.

The Tester`
12-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Hey all...been floating around here and trying to find some info on a term I have heard mentioned several times .... what is the difference between a sub and a pet?? I've read the posts and threads on sub vs slave and stuff and basically get the idea there but have yet to find a definition for "pet"... so hoping someone could give me a general idea what they think the difference might be... thanks a bunch!!

Pets your head gently... Relax it is simple...There is no difference between a sub and a pet or a slave and a pet other than the sub/slave bit... A pet is something needy that the Dom/Master cares for and looks after... Much the same way you do any other pet... My subbie snowflake likes to be treated like a kitten so I pet her head and scratch behind her ears... Give her the odd rubber dildo to play with and sometimes a ben wah ball to roll around the floor to be chased...

My opion... Hope it helps...

bip0lar
12-04-2008, 09:31 AM
hm, concerning Chimera's definition i would personally disagree-- i do like to be treated like a pet, but not in a 'babydoll' or in a 'Daddy' context. The difference i see between being a sub and a pet is that, at least for me, please don't take it as a generalisation or an accurate definition, but if i'm in a sub state of mind i tend to talk more, when i'm in a pet state of mind i tend to act more, i become much more physical, i ask for attention physically, not vocally. that's that for the state of mind.
when it comes to, uhm, i dunno, practical stuff, there's the basic fact that when one acts like a cat/dog/piglet they shall be treated as such--which, let's face it, is the fun of it *smiles*. so, as The Tester previously said, most subs who enjoy or find themselves in pet roles do [in my experience, at least] get treated like actual pets, even for short periods of time.
also, what Logic said, it might even be just a simple term for one's sub, it probably does mean different things for different people--but for some of us it works quite well *grins*

denuseri
12-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I have allways viewed the word "pet" as a term of endearment as opposed to an actual classification of submission for myself.

However there are those that engadge in "pet" play as well as some "Daddy's girls" and others that may use the term as a type of status identification.

shayna{L_D}
12-04-2008, 12:49 PM
I have allways viewed the word "pet" as a term of endearment as opposed to an actual classification of submission for myself.

i agree. *nods* i am the same way

Maitresse_Emeraude
12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
well,I use the term as a name for one of my sluts, implying as if she's a puppy or bitch, as I'm more a Dog Preson

hissexypet
12-04-2008, 02:57 PM

Me too, pet to me is just a term of affection from my owner...love when He calls me His sexy pet.

*smiles*

Ninva
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Just according to me, "pet" is a sub that requires much more affection. I am more a devoted companion that responds to commands, memorizes endless rules, and offers my owner absolute, unquestioning adoration. I know what my owner needs, wants, and expects of me, and I work very hard to meet his standards of behavior and morality.

I don't respond well to some techniques of bringing down ego, and Impailer does not want me to internalize negative self-images, since he worked very hard to get me to where he wants me in my head.

Perhaps, "pet" is a just sub that has been spoiled rotten...

BelovedPet
12-04-2008, 07:03 PM

<raising hand jumping up and down> me too!

Logic1
12-05-2008, 02:47 AM
endearment

THAT was the word I was looking for.. in my post.

lucy
12-05-2008, 05:17 AM
Me too, pet to me is just a term of affection from my owner...love when He calls me His sexy pet.

*smiles*
now that doesn't really come as a surprise, given your nick ;)

For me pet is just a term of affection, i've never felt like acting like a pet or be treated as one.

leah06
12-05-2008, 11:40 AM
I think some people use it to mean a sub in a committed relationship, where the term "girlfriend" (or "boyfriend") might for some reason seem inappropriate. It indicates devotion and dependence on the part of the sub, and affection and responsibility on the part of the Dom/me.

Misschief
12-20-2008, 03:29 PM
I have always considered a "pet" to be a reverent term for a 24/7 type slave for whom I have genuine affection for.. Also, a pet will act like a cute, affectionate "pet".. Wag their bottom (reminiscent of a puppy) when excited, lick Mistress'/Master's hand to show affection and nuzzle My leg when on all fours/crawling (etc.)..

I have fuck-pigs (cumsluts) who I may call "piggy", which I consider to be a sort-of cutesy affectionate form of address.. But I can't say I've ever called 'em pets..

Hmm.. Interesting..

caligirl{Rob}
12-20-2008, 05:56 PM
As with any "term" the definition is only important to the people involved

angelic.zest
12-20-2008, 07:57 PM
as den has stated, i find the work "pet, slut, babygirl, etc" as a term of endearment, it really just depends on the two/ or more ppl involved. not everyone want to be referred to as pet, or as slut....it just depends on the person.

jeanne
12-27-2008, 05:44 PM

I don't think there really is a difference. It's just semantics and preference. For example, I prefer to be called His girl. That is what He has called me all along. I wouldn't like pet as much, but would accept it if He chose to call me that.

Stone
12-28-2008, 01:11 AM
I use "pet" for my special someone the someone that is more than just a sub. I dont think it really matters to anyone but the 2 people involved and what it means to them personally. It's like the daddy dom thing would never ever ever work for me but others enjoy it.

Lisais mine
12-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I use "pet" for my special someone the someone that is more than just a sub. I dont think it really matters to anyone but the 2 people involved and what it means to them personally. It's like the daddy dom thing would never ever ever work for me but others enjoy it.

that's it for me too, Stone.

Twisted32
01-02-2009, 12:27 AM
my Sir calls me pet as a term of endearment and I am his slave.

unmastered
01-16-2009, 09:24 AM

*smiles*

I have always thought the same...Just from what I've read. Sounds kind of sexy and romantic at the same time

kellygirl
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
I just asked Him to call me pet and I certainly like it better than slut and whore. And it is a word you can say in any public place and reassert yourself. :)

SubmissiveDoll
01-16-2009, 12:10 PM
Perhaps, "pet" is a just sub that has been spoiled rotten...

Then it makes sense why I like hearing it so much!

Bobbitsj
01-16-2009, 12:33 PM
We use the word "pet" exactly the way denuseri says. A term of endearment. When Lady K calls me "pet" I know all is well. If I hear Her say "come here pet" it normally means I am in for some kind of reward. If I hear Her say "get here slave" I know things aren't so good! I think it's sort of like if you call your partner "dear" or "honey" or whatever all is good. If you use the first name it might get their attention a bit quicker and set of an alarm that somethings up. Anyway, that's how we use the term "pet"

TwstdKittie
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
I agree with the above. When Master calls me pet, it's usually when things are fine or He's feeling particularly affectionate and would like to show it. For me, slave is a more sexy name, as opposed to a cute and cuddly one. And there are variations but whenever He feels both affectionate and Domly, He tends to lean more towards saying pet. : )