PDA

View Full Version : BDSM and pregnancy

lucy
12-04-2008, 01:40 PM
No, i'm not... yet. But maybe, hopefully, it happens one day. And i wondered what kind of physical BDSM-activities ar no-goes during a pregnancy and what should be no problem.

thewhiterabbit
12-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Well, any sex in the 3rd trimester and you run the risk of going into labor earlier. Didn't happen to me but it is documented (which is why some doctors suggest sex before trying to induce labor). Beyond that, obviously be careful around your belly. The only other thing I can think of off the bat is to be extra careful about cutting off any circulation. I was advised not to sleep on my back during my 2nd and 3rd trimester for this reason- something about the added weight.

walkingdude225
12-04-2008, 07:01 PM
not that im going toplay doctor but it seems like anything bdsm would be very risky even deadly to an unborn baby. A woman's body is hers of course; yet, im just say it seems like it be a very iffy call on the parents part

his_girl_l
12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
i wasn't practising bdsm during any of my pregnancies, but a few things spring to mind.

Intense nipple stimulation in the last trimester can bring on labour - it's actually one of the things midwives reccomend you do if you are overdue (yep, they say go home and ask hubby to tweak your nipples for a few hours).

Also nipples tend to get incredibly sensetive in the first 6 weeks of pregnancy, and you may find that you can't handle things you used to be able to - seriously, the weight of a winter coat on my nipples made them ache unbearably early in my second pregnancy.

Rough sex in the first trimester is running a small risk of miscarraige.

Circulation can be inhibited by pregnancy, cause a whole heap of extra blood needs to circulate. So bondage positions probably shouldn't be held for very long, and many will be impossible anyway as the pregnancy progresses.

My advice would generally be the same as that that is given to vanilla couples though - just pay close attention to the signals your body sends you, and if something doesn't feel right, stop.

i have a fair bit more hands on experience with lactation and BDSM. It can be a great bonus if your Master is into it - mine loved both feeding from my breasts and having me express to increase my flow then not allowing me to empty them for a period of time (this was when my baby was with his father, drinking the milk i had previously expressed, i wasn't starving him). This not only makes your breasts huge and tender, but it creates a kind of aching feeling, and you will leak milk if you aren't wearing pads (or clamps) which can involve a degree of public humiliation. And if they are struck they will spurt milk. Sometimes they will spray milk as you come. Lots of fun to be had if your Master is into those aspects.

A word on clamps while breastfeeding -nursing desensitises your nipples a fair bit, so you may find yourself leaving clamps on longer than is neccessarily healthy. Also, clamping your nipples and tight breast bondage can lead to clogged breast ducts and possibly mastitis which is no fun at all.

Good luck and have fun practising for conception.

lucy
12-05-2008, 02:16 AM
Thank you all very much.

And now back to enjoy the practising :D

damyanti
12-11-2008, 03:47 AM
I knew it was advised to not drink alcohol during pregnancy, but I had no idea it was this serious, so I am posting it here, just in case...

Alcohol (wine, beer, or liquor) is the leading known preventable cause of mental and physical birth defects in the United States.

Fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) is a disorder of permanent birth defects that occurs in the offspring of women who drink alcohol during pregnancy. It is unknown whether amount, frequency or timing of alcohol consumption during pregnancy causes a difference in degree of damage done to the fetus. Thus, although prenatal alcohol exposure does not automatically result in FAS, the current recommendation is not to drink at all during pregnancy.

Alcohol crosses the placental barrier and can stunt fetal growth or weight, create distinctive facial stigmata, damage neurons and brain structures, and cause other physical, mental, or behavioral problems.

Surveys found that in the United States, 10-15% of pregnant women admit to having recently used alcohol, and up to 30% use alcohol at some point during pregnancy.

It's estimated that each year in the United States, 1 in every 750 infants is born with a pattern of physical, developmental, and functional problems referred to as fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS), while another 40,000 are born with fetal alcohol effects (FAE).

The main effect of FAS is permanent central nervous system damage, especially to the brain. Developing brain cells and structures are underdeveloped or malformed by prenatal alcohol exposure, often creating an array of primary cognitive and functional disabilities (including poor memory, attention deficits, impulsive behavior, and poor cause-effect reasoning) as well as secondary disabilities (for example, mental health problems, and drug addiction). Fetal alcohol exposure is the leading known cause of mental retardation in the Western world ( comparable to or higher than other developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome or spina bifida).

The risk of brain damage exists during each trimester, since the fetal brain develops throughout the entire pregnancy.

Prevention Is the Key. FAS can be completely prevented by not drinking any alcohol during pregnancy.

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/brain/fas.html

Lisais mine
12-11-2008, 11:20 AM
some obivious things- laying on your stomach may press against the decending Aorta- as can laying on your back. you sould keep the woman at least a 30 degree angle when laying supine. I imagine that prone positions that do not include pressure on the stomach (they make a special pillow for massage especially for this) would be okay though.