PDA

View Full Version : A question about wax

James2024
12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
My Goddess is unable to touch baby oil due to a skin allergy. I have a bit of a candle fetish and i know that using baby oil is a good way to help with clean up. I was wondering if there are any alternatives to baby oil for candle play.

thewhiterabbit
12-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Does she also have an allergy to vaseline or other petroleum products?

James2024
12-11-2008, 11:43 PM
I will ask her. She has suggested maybe using something like corn oil.

thewhiterabbit
12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah, this was actually the first time I've heard of using baby oil for candle wax. Really baby oil is just mineral oil (a petroleum product) with scents added. I was wondering if she was allergic to the scents instead of the oil. If I were going to try a different oil in it's place I'd go with a lighter oil first I think- something similar. I don't use corn oil anymore but isn't it a bit thick? I couldn't find the sapo value to compare so olive oil would just be my first guess- maybe safflower? *shrug*

Willsubmit2
12-12-2008, 06:00 PM
soybean candles?

James2024
12-13-2008, 01:26 AM
soybean candles?

the concern is not the candles but the baby oil that is used to make clean up easier. Baby oil is quite effective.

James2024
12-19-2008, 04:58 PM
she thinks the allergy is to the scents ...any suggestions?

bpqueen
12-20-2008, 02:25 AM
If you have the money to spend, I would suggest a silicone based lubricant, like ID Millennium. I am allergic to propylene glycol (in about every lube and creme known to man) so a silicone-based lubricant is what I have to buy, but it can double as a SUPER slick massage oil, or I imagine a base for wax play. My Master uses coconut massage oil for me, but it does NOT do anything to help in the clean up. The easiest cleanup I ever had was when I didn't have any sort of base on and he flogged the wax off (or course he also used his athame to scrape it off too). Hope this helps some!!

James2024
12-21-2008, 01:07 AM
thank you bpqueen it does :)

gypsiecowboy
12-23-2008, 05:32 AM
My Goddess is unable to touch baby oil due to a skin allergy. I have a bit of a candle fetish and i know that using baby oil is a good way to help with clean up. I was wondering if there are any alternatives to baby oil for candle play.

to begin with, no oil is necessary in order to drip the hot wax onto your 'dess's skin. it is never really difficult to peel the wax off (some folks prefer to whip it off) and the fact is that the use of oil is mostly for making movies so that it will come off faster for the next camera scene. but hell, the slower removal in pieces, twisting, rubbing, scratching, scrubbing (oh well, I've overstated it here for fun) is all a very important aspect of the enjoyment and rapturous punishment/titillation of the wax experience.

but if oil you must then it is really really simple. many people are allergic to baby oil... it contains some very abrasive, hurtful stuff (how could ANYbody put it on a baby? makes as much sense as using talc instead of straight corn starch).

olive oil is a bit more expensive, especially the extra virgin which is the best because it is the first extraction. olive oil is extremely healing and it is the type of oil I use for most of My herbal oils for cooking and for wounds, skin and ear treatments. even better but much more costly is almond oil.

I use almond oil and goldenseal root powder to topically treat herpes sores (except deep in the vagina because some women say that burns for a few seconds, and after weeks of retreating the sores, they gradually come back weaker and weaker until they finally don't come back at all.

(and contrary to the tv commercial, if you are not exhibiting symptoms you are not in a contagious stage)

anyway, back to wax...:278:

it is one of My favorite turn-ons and My ex loved it more than she could allow herself to accept after 13 years. oh well.

if you wonder or have any trouble following My "directions" just bring your ladylove to Albuquerque and I will be very happy to show you both just exactly how. (ok ok, relax My brother - I was just foolin' about the invite)

GypsieCowboy (retired Naturopathic Health Consultant, N.D., D.A.Hom.)

:idea:

James2024
12-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Thank you for the advice i will pass it along hehe ...you are going to give her some evil ideas

WickedlyThinkingofFrozen
01-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Um usually what happens with wax is it drip and drops and makes molds and i usually try to be carefull taking it off. Btw Shave before doing it hair hurts alot when it gets caught. Then fun part of it is seeing the wax cool and either having your Mistress scrape it off or use a blade only if you trust herits kind of a form of knife play i like