PDA

View Full Version : New Blog

Resist
12-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I'm making a thread letting the wonderous populous of BDSM library know that I've posted a new blog. My last one received such critical acclaim I thought, perhaps, the world may want to know.

(Actually, I'm really just wanting some outside opinions, so give it a read! Thanks!)

R

IAmCanadian
12-29-2008, 02:51 AM
(Actually, I'm really just wanting some outside opinions, so give it a read! Thanks!)

R

I flamed you, how's that for an outside opinion? :wave:
Obviously it's up to you if you want to leave it moderated or not.

===

IC

Resist
12-29-2008, 04:00 AM
And an excellent flame it was!

You're right on some accounts in your response, and less than right in some others. That said, even though you disagreed with my points and found my tone distasteful, your response was well-thought out and very funny. My happy response:

1. The Marine corps can do whatever they want--the grunts aren't throwing Sir around because they think that if they do, the CO might fuck them. Well, most of them aren't, anyway

2. CNN should have the story up on their front page by now. I can't figure out what the hold up could be.

3. While I don't think I'm as big a deal as you think I am, (and am only an amateur primatologist), I can see how I can come across as an egoist and an expert in the latter.

4. We'll have to wait for the Jury, I suppose. Yes, I make fun, and no, I don't blame anyone for taking offense--but it seems ironic to find so little humor in a community centered around open thought and acceptance.

So, yes, I think that I have a greater understanding of basic written English than the average person on the site (non-native speakers excluded, although I often find their understanding better than native speakers), something I take purely from my experiences in Chat--I make it a big deal because I think it's indicative of a greater malignancy in our community.

And yes, I think my viewpoint is valid (if not superior), considering our "lifestyle" is one in which a core value is the practicality of every action and word, whether for enjoyment, relationship-building or training purposes. I feel like insincerity undermines the entirety of the BDSM system of behavior.

Thanks for your response--open dialogue about whether I'm onto something or whether I'm just a crazy asshole was exactly what I was hoping to accomplish. I hope you'll respond again, this time looking into the meat of my post, rather than just at its author.

R

PS--I'm going to post this in both the forum post and as a blog comment in an effort to spur more dialogue.