PDA

View Full Version : Obey is getting way to long.

Mobius
12-30-2002, 02:34 PM
I stopped reading it at chapter 40.
Getting reppetitive

veru_skjava
12-31-2002, 07:40 AM
Some readers, myself included are enjoying the updates, the twisted mind of the reader is interesting.

The review section is a good place to let your thoughts be known.

veru skjava

Phoenix
01-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm the author to "To Obey" ... and yes, even I admit the story has getting a bit long in the tooth. Plans are forming to wrap up the story, and hopefully send it out with a bang!

Keep a look out!
Firebird

Mobius
01-20-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix
Hi guys, I'm the author to "To Obey" ... and yes, even I admit the story has getting a bit long in the tooth. Plans are forming to wrap up the story, and hopefully send it out with a bang!

Keep a look out!
Firebird

You show great dedication to your work.

Neopadinski
01-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I find that, when I'm writing, I tend to try and get everything planned out beforehand. I won't let something repeat in the same story, not even once, or else I get wicked paranoid that it's too much. Just my input. I don't mean to sound selfish and hijack threads with information about my personal writing style, it's just that I can relate with a lot of it :)

Phoenix
01-20-2004, 01:49 PM
"To Obey" was the first story I ever worked on ... and funny enough, I found I had a hard time stopping. I was going to stop it at the 100th chapter, but that just didn't happen. Unfortunately to the story's detriment, I didn't plan ahead (unless it was maybe three chapters) but only in certain circumstances.

Most of the other stories I wrote I tried to plan it from start to finish. All I can say is I'm getting better at both writing and planning a story. Now all I need to do is go back, and work out what I can do to with TO. I don't want it to fizzle out, I want to give it a twist which would make even me say, "I didn't expect that."

FB

Phoenix
02-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Hear ye, Hear ye, one and all.

To Obey now has an ending.

After much thought, false-starts, spitting of dummies and head-banging against a brick wall ... I've finally managed to finish off the last chapter for To Obey, and I think it's an ending that will please everyone but at the same time, most people won't pick. [All I can officially say is, sorry girls.]

I'm just up to the proof-reading stage, once that is complete I'll send it to Jinn for loading to the website. Hopefully sooner than lately.

Cheers,
Fire-bird

Alex Bragi
02-09-2004, 11:31 PM
I was going to stop it at the 100th chapter, but that just didn't happen.

Oh boy, I thought you were being funny when I read this, but there really are over one hundred chapters. What a marathon effort! Well, I guess some stories just need to be longer than others.

I read a story on line a while back that was probably at least twenty or thirty full pages worth, and while some of if was kind of repetitive, it was still a really worthwhile read. I had to read it over several days though, I just fine reading of the screen isn't as comfortable as out of a book.

I am going to begin reading this now, but please don't expect a review for a while yet. :)

I wish you well with your future writing.

Alex