PDA

View Full Version : Lost On How To Get Started

melior
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Everyone! I am a 49 year old male that joined this site a couple of weeks ago, after suppressing my submissive desires for many years. I really don't know how or where to start this journey. I would like to start out slow, perhaps with an online Domme relationship, but I went to the personals and, although there were plenty of views, I did not receive any replies. I also noticed that this appeared to be a problem with most new, submissive males seeking a Domme/Mistress relationship. So, being inexperienced, but very anxious to finally explore my submissiveness, I am a little perplexed and discouraged on where to go from here. Any suggestions or advice would be sincerely appreciated!

BelovedPet
01-01-2009, 12:50 PM
How detailed was your personals ad? The more you write about yourself and give a full picture of the person you are, the more you stand out from the crowd. Similarly, you can put more information in your profile (you can upload artwork or personal photos too). Getting involved in forums is also a good way for people to notice and get to know you. You might have some luck posting in the personals section of Craigslist.org for your area as well.

Good luck.

b

DIXIE LASS
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Melior,

I don't imagine the lack of interest reflected on you personally. It's a simple case of supply and demand. There are a lot of male subs out there (and my gut feeling says that the population of male subs is increasing at an increasing rate), but few Dommes.

Maybe a good thread to start, and one that would gain you some attention, would be one that asked whether or not an ever more stressful and complicated world is causing an increase in male subs.

DIXIE

melior
01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Dixie Lass and BelovedPet, thanks so much for the response and the advice. I really do appreciate it.

SilverWulf
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
melior,

Welcome to the site and this wonderful lifestyle.

A good way to get started, as mentioned above, is to get involved in the forums here. Ask questions, respond to threads, get to know the others on the site and give them a chance to get to know you as well.

You might also think about coming into the chat room here. There is a lot of just fun and games, but everyone is willing to answer serious questions too. There are some experienced people there who will be able to answer whatever you come up with, or be able to point you in the right direction to get the answers you need.

Finding a Dom/me online or in real life is going to be a challenge. Male submissives seem to outnumber the available Dominants by a large margin. Make yourself stand out, in a good way of course. Be open and willing but not to the point of desperation.

I see you state that you are in the Rocky Mountains. If you are anywhere near Denver there are several lifestyle groups there that are very active and welcoming of new people. There are events every weekend that would be a great way for you to meet new people and perhaps make that connection you are looking for. If you are not near Denver, there are other active groups all up and down the Mountain West you could get in contact with to attend their gatherings.

Good luck.

SW