PDA

View Full Version : A BDSM Bed and Breakfast...

Willsubmit2
01-01-2009, 11:15 AM
my Master and I are considering a BDSM Bed and Breakfast in the outskirts of San Antonio, TX. They will have themed rooms thus far, other ideas in the works...comments, questions, criticizms? would love the input...

damyanti
01-01-2009, 12:22 PM
How about you open it in Europe, ;).

Laila
01-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Hehe, I so agree with damyanti :)
Europe would be such a nice place for that - lol how about England or Germany? :-P

Maybe with a Lounge where people could socialze hehe or a dungeon where they can. And the maids where french maids outfits and kneel and curtsey a lot *gg* - oh I want to write a story now!

BelovedPet
01-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I like the idea of the help in uniforms. Maybe a public dungeon area? Maybe you could have an area outside that was safe(ish) from the eyes general public but open to guests. I think a small gift shop or a display case or two of toys would be a smart idea.

Good luck.

b

fetishdj
01-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Sounds good. May have to consider legal aspects... could get misconstrued as a brothel if you are not careful... :) We know it is not but idiots in power may not think that way.

Pearlgem
01-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Good luck. It can be difficult for BDSM partners to find a place to meet where they won't scare the horses.

TwistedTails
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
my Master and I are considering a BDSM Bed and Breakfast in the outskirts of San Antonio, TX. They will have themed rooms thus far, other ideas in the works...comments, questions, criticizms? would love the input...

Only two things come to mind, the first is lift chairs for the stairs. shackles and stairs are not a good mix! LOL

The second would be never book Swingers and BDSM'rs in the same time frames. Too many fights.

Best of luck with your venture. I'm looking forward to the brochure.

:)

Bobbitsj
01-03-2009, 05:19 AM
We have some friends who own a BDSM B&B. The place is open to the general public and one would never know what goes on. Upon entering it looks like any other old time country B&B. While the place can be booked exclusivly by bdsm groups I think to make ends meet they also have to cater to the general public. If they have a mix of bdsm and vanilla guest then things are very discrete. Off from the bar/lounge/common area is the maids closet. If you opened the door to this closet all you would see is linens and cleaning supplies ect. You would never see the door in the back that leads to the basement dungeon. You can also enter the dungeon from an outside door with the proper key. The dungeon is very well set up with a wet bar, bathrooms, and plenty of space and equipment for both private and public play. They have very strick rules with no exceptions. When there are vanilla guests present you might see a sub with a day collar on in a public area but nothing more than what one would see in public anywhere. If the place is booked by bdsm'ers then the no vacancy sign goes up and the entrance is locked at 10:pm At this time you are apt to hear the crack of a whip at any moment at any place through out!

Orpheus
01-03-2009, 07:17 PM
I remember at one point a couple years ago there was a BDSM B&B somewhere in West Virginia or the Carolinas. (Anybody remember this place? The owners were very religious so they didn't allow any alcohol. BDSM, sure, but no alcohol.) I looked into going to it once with my sub at the time, but we kept putting it off and I heard it closed. One thing I remember about it was they allowed outdoor play, safe from the eyes of non-guests. I would love to hear of a new B&B that allowed outdoor activities. But I'd likely be a customer of any new B&B, assuming I find a new sub some day, of course.

jayn0000
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Where!! City State, Country!! WHERE!!
I want to go somewhere like that for my husbands Home coming (Iraq... Army)

We have some friends who own a BDSM B&B.

Do you know when yours would be opening? (in Tx)

Bobbitsj
01-06-2009, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=jayn0000;794981]Where!! City State, Country!! WHERE!!

The B&B I am refering to is in northern New England. However, I bet if you were to do a google search you'd find a few to choice from much closer to where you live!

Leahsworm
01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
They are very,very uptight in Texas. Please be careful.
i think New York or California are much more accepting of things like a BDSM B&B or resort.

OwningXposed
01-07-2009, 09:04 PM
They are very,very uptight in Texas. Please be careful.
i think New York or California are much more accepting of things like a BDSM B&B or resort.

I would think out in the country. Away from traffic and uptight people.

Dr_BuzzCzar
01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
I remember at one point a couple years ago there was a BDSM B&B somewhere in West Virginia or the Carolinas. (Anybody remember this place?

D'Inn Glengarry in W.V - but is not open anymore, I believe.

I've tried a few times to write a workable business plan for a BDSM themed B&B. I can't make the case mostly from a gross revenue standpoint as the market is so hard to really define, so defining a cash flow is interesting to say the least. The only way I can create a realistic plan that would potentially give a decent ROI is to have what someone else described above as a B&B that caters to the general public but has some "fun" areas that are hidden.

I dug back through some old info and found an old list of 9 B&B's in the U.S. that catered to the BDSM trade. One is still operating.

We did some experimenting in the Carolinas a few years ago; OK, over 10 years ago(wow time flies) to see if we could attract clientele from a wider geographical area by using themed events and started with privately leased cabins and homes in the mountains and the coast. We worked with Powerotics (Hans is still running that I assume? That was not a match made in heaven.) among others and we had excellent publicity. Therefore, we had pretty good interest in periodic events but couldn't make a good enough business case to invest the kind of funds that would be required to set up and own a BDSM B&B. At least in the manner we envisioned. Now its 10+ years later and the landscape has changed and a lot more BDSM is much more public.

Personally, I think that it would be fun to own one. If I had enough money so that the B&B would not have to make a profit, could be run as a hobby, and an operating loss was not a factor, then it would make sense to me. Unfortunately, I don't have that amount of disposable funds.

Good luck and please, please study the business aspects with a highly jaundiced eye.

fetishdj
01-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Yes... I beleive the market is too fringe to be profitable all on its own...

Has anyone considered also including hirable dungeon space open to those who are not staying at the B&B? There may be other things you can do to boost profit that can be done with a large enough building with the right facilities.

KitsToy
01-15-2009, 04:03 PM
As has been said before, it could be difficult to express profit by catering only to a BDSM demographic.

Opening any ordinary B&B and running BDSM events could also both enhance, or displace privacy. You can't be running both at the same time, as that would raise alarms. Example being, Mistriss and I had a disagreement, and I am now being disciplined. Meanwhile, a family with two kids are trying to watch American Idol in the next room. Not a good mix, not that I don't mind a little bit of voyuerism, but adding the potential of children to the equation and I'm no longer so keen.

On the other hand, running a reputable B&B that accomidates clubs, or is home to its own club, would be great great fun, and add a bit more security to those who preffer to remain a little more discrete. After all, they won't just be walking into that sex club where people know whats going on.

A small toy shop would be a must have. The possibility is too great. Newcomers, who are just overflowing with kinky fantasies, could find the shop as an impromptu inspiration to try something new.

I'm brimming with ideas now.. damn, I love this concept! Open one near me please?

Hosting paid lectures would be another possibility to stimulate the BDSM themed revenue. If you're like me, BDSM play is not all fun and games- a great deal of planning and precaution must also be involved, and these lectures would not only help to inform others of safe practice and new ideas, but will also help (at least a little) to save your ass from a possible legal dispute. You'd be catering to a better informed population, and thus reduce the chance of irresponsible injury. I'd be cautious not to give medical advice, however, and simply suggest avoiding anything which may have medical implications.

I don't mean to sound condensending, and I'm sorry if thats how I come off, but I know the entrepeneurial mindset well.. everybody has their ideas, and want to do something great, but many fail to realize that without money, it can't happen. I'd love to see your Master and you succeed in your ventures. It may seem callous to some, but please make sure to focus, at least an appropriate ammount, on making the business profitable. After all, at the end of the month, you still need to keep the lights on, and if the business cannot pay for its mortgage, then nobody will be able to enjoy your brilliant B&B.

Again, I wish you the best of luck! Please let us know if/when you get started, and how you're doing :)

Twisted32
01-15-2009, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=jayn0000;794981]Where!! City State, Country!! WHERE!!

The B&B I am refering to is in northern New England. However, I bet if you were to do a google search you'd find a few to choice from much closer to where you live!

Where!??! I live in Rhode Island and would love to suggest to my Master about going!!! :)

Kahlann
01-15-2009, 08:36 PM

I live in New England, and now I'm curious as to where this is. I'd love to take a look and have a weekend away.

Willsubmit2
01-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I live in New England, and now I'm curious as to where this is. I'd love to take a look and have a weekend away.

This is an idea that my Master and i are pulling together with some fellow Horsemen and were looking around the San Antonio outskirts...

MistressDenise4U
01-24-2009, 03:45 PM
San Antonio is only 4 hours from me. I will make a reservation for me and my sub!

faggot
01-28-2009, 07:43 AM
cool

Spankmeplease2009
02-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I don't really have any ideas that have not been already mentioned I just wanted to say that I think this is a FANTASTIC idea and I wish you the best of luck in getting it started!

StrikeHer
12-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Great idea. Me and my sub just came back from 2 days at a cabin. It was good, but others were still close. A place to go were you wouldn't have to worry about getting kicked out or have the cops called would be great. We live in central Texas so if you get open let me know.

njmx3
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Have you looked into the cost of insurance? Stop and think, you're talking about providing a place and devices that many people outside the lifestyle would consider dangerous.

It seems that there are two American dreams these days. The first is to win the lottery and the second is to sue someone successfully. And, unless things are different in TX, there will always be lawyers that will take a case where they can earn a fee.

Talk to lawyers that deal with the type of cases that you could potentially apply to your business. Check out your exposure. See if you can get insurance that will cover your potential loss. Basically, cover your ass.

I think you have a great idea but be sure to thoroughly examine your vulnerabilities.