PDA

View Full Version : Subs posting about sex with doms vc. vs. etc.

shyslut
01-09-2009, 02:40 AM
I read post below me. I thought it was reather presumptuous of the other person to tell someone what they should or should not share or what someone else would or would not want to read.

I do realize that maybe some people dont want to read about other peoples scenes. Feeling its too personal, not there thing, jelous etc.

Personally I love reading "REAL" encounters involving real people. Not even for erotic reasons. Many many reasons in fact.

I want to know how to other people feel about it? Do you think makeing a special forum category for Encounters is a good idea?? Imo I do lol

If enough people like the idea how would we go about requesting another category?:wave::)

SilverWulf
01-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I've always enjoyed reading about real life encounters.

I don't think there needs to be a new category for it though, IMO there are plenty of categories already, perhaps too many.

If someone doesn't like reading about that or is offended by others real life activities, well every web browser out there has this thing called a 'back button'. If that is too difficult, there is a little red X in the upper right corner of the window that will get rid of the offensive material quickly as well.

shayna{L_D}
01-09-2009, 07:25 AM
I, in fact love to know about real encounters. It doesnt make me jealous and or upset. If someone doesnt like reading then, then move on to another post. Im a member of other bdsm forums and they have a section reguarding real life encounters, and sometimes its not even sexual its just about meeting someone from the forums.

If you want to request that as a category they you would need to talk to an Admin. maybe delia, or Torq. Maybe make a thread asking if people would be interested.

As far as me, its nice to know that people from this forum and or other forums meet peoeple, i have met more then a handful of people from *This* forum alone, most of it non sexual, i even met my now boyfriend from here. So it may give hope to people or just give people something to read :)

leah06
01-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey, thanks so much, everyone. I just want to say that she didn't mean it in a bad way - not like bossing me around. Putting that in was just my way of signaling that this post is pretty much a reprise of the last one. So people don't waste their time.

TwistedTails
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM
I tossed my two cents in on the original thread

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?p=795954#poststop

leah06
01-09-2009, 10:40 AM
I don't know much about website design, Twisted Tails, and thanks for your input. Since not all subs do actually post every time a Dom fucks them, I think your concern might be a little overly-hypothetical. I don't think my threads are really longer than a lot of other threads on the site. But of course, if an administrator were to tell me differently, I would of course stop posting.

thepast
01-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Just for an official perspective:

We don't currently have the sort of traffic that would make an "Encounters" area really worthwhile. We also aren't a "reviews" site-- if people want to discuss their experiences, there are ample existing areas to do that. We aren't going to open an area where people can critique meetings, experiences, etc. with other folks... the point of posting about personal experiences is to allow the person posting to share what they want-- there is no coersion, etc involved--no one is forced to post, nor are you forced to read. If you don't want to read about someone's experiences... don't read the thread!!!!! Threads like Oz/Jeanne's "A Connection" or rachel06's threads are completely fine--they choose to post, you choose to read & respond.

From a personal perspective:
If you don't want to read them, don't read them. If you do, do. Like everything else, some things are certain peoples' likes while they are others' distastes... Keep it respectful, keep it pithy, keep it real and there are no issues.

delia

Ozme52
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
I read post below me. I thought it was reather presumptuous of the other person to tell someone what they should or should not share or what someone else would or would not want to read.

I do realize that maybe some people dont want to read about other peoples scenes. Feeling its too personal, not there thing, jelous etc.

Personally I love reading "REAL" encounters involving real people. Not even for erotic reasons. Many many reasons in fact.

I want to know how to other people feel about it? Do you think makeing a special forum category for Encounters is a good idea?? Imo I do lol

If enough people like the idea how would we go about requesting another category?:wave::)

Good idea!! I know!! We can call it "My BDSM Life" ;)

Ozme52
01-10-2009, 10:55 AM
just for an official perspective:

We don't currently have the sort of traffic that would make an "encounters" area really worthwhile. We also aren't a "reviews" site-- if people want to discuss their experiences, there are ample existing areas to do that. We aren't going to open an area where people can critique meetings, experiences, etc. With other folks... The point of posting about personal experiences is to allow the person posting to share what they want-- there is no coersion, etc involved--no one is forced to post, nor are you forced to read. If you don't want to read about someone's experiences... Don't read the thread!!!!! threads like oz/jeanne's "a connection" or rachel06's threads are completely fine--they choose to post, you choose to read & respond.

From a personal perspective:
If you don't want to read them, don't read them. If you do, do. Like everything else, some things are certain peoples' likes while they are others' distastes... Keep it respectful, keep it pithy, keep it real and there are no issues.

Delia

:d

DaveAM
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I love reading stories - but reading about someones's real experience is somehow more exciting. Thanks to Rachel and Oz for sharing their experiences. I loved reading them. :)

daveAM