PDA

View Full Version : How big a Shake UP in 2009?

Stealth694
01-09-2009, 08:23 AM
[/COLOR]With only 11 days till the Inauguration, and major upsets happening, What do you think 2009, will bring us?? Already Obama is admitting that we are in a Recession and that it will get worse before it gets better. Illinois govener maybe impeached for soliciting a bribe. Corps seeing " friends in congress" losing power. To Quote Betty Davis: FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS, ITS GOING TO BE A BUMPY RIDE!!!

Master_chris
02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
I am still getting over the new laws in the UK about the extreme images. I would love to know how far the government are going to take it. :madfire:

mkemse
02-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Very true but also remember tihs is a WORLD WIDE RECESSION not just the United States

Stealth694
02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Agreed Mkemse, I think this Global economy is definetly going to make a lot of heads roll.. Problem is who is going to start picking up the mess??

Master Eq
02-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I dont think any one person, or group for that matter is going to fix it. Its one big circle. People are scared to trust their money to banks, so banks dont have money for loans, so people cant get money to buy a home, so people who need to sell their home cant, etc... Throw in the recent spike in job loss, and you have a mess that wont be fixed until someone in that circle steps out and takes a loss to fix things. This stimulus package may help, but the way the money is being split, its not looking good.

mkemse
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Remember, this is a World Wide recesion and issue not just the United States

wmrs2
03-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Very true but also remember tihs is a WORLD WIDE RECESSION not just the United States
I finally agree with you. No matter who was in office, Reb. or Dem, the recession was going to occur. So, who should the world blame and who should we blame in the USA. In my very humble opinion, I blame the liberals around the world. You probably blame the conservatives for things being as they are. This should provide a hint for you of how to modify your reasoning.

The world is in an economic cycle, as you correctly observe. We will natural cycle back to a prosperous economy. When this naturally happens, who should get the credit for prosperity, the Dems or Repubs? Please answer the question using your new found premise and logic. (Good to be with you again. I have been very ill, lots of hospital time, but I am doing much better.)
wmrs2 Play fair and have fun.

wmrs2
03-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I dont think any one person, or group for that matter is going to fix it. Its one big circle. People are scared to trust their money to banks, so banks dont have money for loans, so people cant get money to buy a home, so people who need to sell their home cant, etc... Throw in the recent spike in job loss, and you have a mess that wont be fixed until someone in that circle steps out and takes a loss to fix things. This stimulus package may help, but the way the money is being split, its not looking good.
Keep in mind that the housing crisis is only with 91% of house owners. The other 91% is doing fine. I have not missed a payment on my mortgage but I own a house that I can afford. I say, let the crises work its way to where everybody buys what they can afford. Those with extravagant taste need to be naked and on the streets for awhile, don't you think. It should teach them a lesson. Some people think the world owe them a living. That is bull shit! If you over spend and don't eat tonight, that is your fault, not mine.

By the way, I am not rebuffing you, I am agreeing with what you said. I think the stimulus package will do more harm to the cycling economy than simply leaving it alone. The stimulus injection is just an excuse for Obama to even out the wealth and spread it around. That type of communism, we do not need. It does not work and nether will the stimulus package. Don't get me wrong, I will have my hand out when the money is thrown out the window. I am not stupid. Let the next generation pay, I will not be around to say I told you so.