PDA

View Full Version : Tight Bondage - I'm in a bit of a knot.

KitsToy
01-15-2009, 02:54 PM
When I play a submissive role, bondage is a given- whether just a collar and leather cuffs, or actual knotwork. I greatly enjoy being left helpless and at the mercy of The One I Trust. This in itself has never been a problem; however, I have become greatly attracted to extended, tight, and uncomfortable bondage as a method of dicipline. Its not something I'd exactly enjoy, and as such would find a certain enjoyment in my discomfort.

My plight is.. well.. young as I am, I am simply falling apart! Through various childhood activities and, probably more so, general teenage abandon, I've acquired quite a few injured joints / tendons. I can already forsee any possible experiences resulting in complete disaster, as some of my injuries can cause extreme pain if positioned or moved improperly. Either role I play is intended to provide some sort of fulfilment, and even though I like to test my limits when playing as a sub, I would find absolutely no enjoyment from this sort of pain.. let alone risking further damage.

Erm, I suppose I should explain my problem areas a little bit before I go any further. I've dislocated my right sholder, which was them improperly relocated resulting in.. uh, the best way to describe it is a sort of slipping. My ball and socket will slightly dislocate and grind if my arm is stretched too far up/back and pressure is applied. I've pulled a tendon in my right knee and was not healed properly, which I don't think the nature of the injury should prove problematic, but I figured it should still be mentioned. I had a rather bad spraign in my right ankle (wow.. my poor poor right half... hehe) which causes reoccuring pain every once in a while. And finally the tendons between the ball and heel of both feet have been pulled. If my feet are stretched too far down, the tendon will twist and cause one of the worst pains I've known >.> This one and my sholder are my two greatest concerns.

So my question is, do you have any experience, tips, or any good resources for me to help me enjoy my discomfort, and to not simply ruin the experience.. things to try, things to avoid, how long, and even other ways to help make my helplessness more uncomfortable and/or humiliating.

As always,
Eternally Greatful For Your Help-
-KitsToy :bondage:

Matin
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
lol i understand where you're coming from - i'm only 24 and an absolute physical wreck.

for now. i've been lax on my workout regimen. and that's my advice for you. built up enough muscular strength to shore up the failed(or failing) joints.

for the feet i recommend calf raises. stand on a stair, on your tip toes, and raise your body weight all the way up and down. do it till you can't, then wait a few minutes, and do it again. and so on as your tolerance builds. remember really important you have to stretch the hams a couple times a day or face excruciating cramped calves the next day. you still might but it will eventually increase the range of motion and strength down there.

for knees most non-impact exercises work great. biking, squats, and lunges are all really good for the knees.

for the shoulders - and i've got the dislocation too ^.^ - i like pull downs on a pulley machine, french dips, push ups, and finally pull ups and dips. in that order over time. start with one, and when that's no longer challenging add the next one, and so on. over time this will build your body's stress tolerance back to levels where you can handle more physicality.

also core exercises or you'll lose all the work on the limbs =>

it's a long process. feel free to pm me for more info if i need to clarify anything:wave:
-matin

moptop
01-16-2009, 01:22 AM
Also, ensure your partner is fully aware of the issues, and explore possible bindings carefully. Since you have ;ostly got problems on your right side, then you are nicely open to some asymetric bondage, which the Japanase favour. Binding your right arm so that it is in no way stretched, but so that you cannot move it, and bound tight, is still binding! And it sounds like the elbow is OK :)

And of course ensure that there are scissors/sharp knife available for immediate use, and fast release mechanisms for any suspensions.

leo9
01-16-2009, 03:36 AM
You've pretty much ruled out extension - hanging up or racking - so that leaves compression. From the sound of it you could safely be bound straight out, arms to sides and legs either bound together or (if sexual access is desired) doubled up and bound individually, ankles to hips; or you could be folded or rolled up into a bundle and tied any number of ways to keep you that way. That is more than enough possibilities for helplessness and creative abuse.

Or as moptop notes, you could be stretched between the left wrist and ankle (an imaginative bondage expert could probably contrive a tie that put most of the pull on a loop above the calf, with only a safe amount of weight on the ankle itself), with the right side safely immobilised but not stretched. There are plenty of examples of asymmetric suspension in the photos on the sites linked to the Library.

Good luck!

fetishdj
01-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Joints do have a nasty tendency to wear away with time, unfortunately. I think all the advice above is sage and will help a lot. You need to not only prevent pain/discomfort in the here and now but also prevent any damage getting any worse in the future.

You thought about doing a set of standard warm up/cool down and strech exercises before, during and after any bondage session? This may minimise discomfort. Also, look into massage techniques to help with those trouble areas. There may be something your Dom can do to you before or after a session to ease the pain of those joints.

KitsToy
01-16-2009, 05:02 PM
@Matin
Exercise?.... hum.. Exercise! I've never really thought about it like that! Great tip, thank you. I've been meaning to get into shape anyways. I mean, I'm fit, but not athletic.. and it always helps to have the proper motivation :)

-uses bondage as an excuse to get that six pack- ^-^

I did some, but not all - I'm not entirely sure what dips are, of the exercises.. and now I'm wishing I'd had the foresight to stretch first >.> Especially before the calf raises and squats.. Ah, this is going to be tough to get used to.

Is it just me, or does it seem like this is common amongst our generation? I used to be exceptionally active, especially as from six to eleven years old when I was taking three to for TaeKwon-Do.. which is probably part of the reason I'm such a mess. But then.. then I discovered the internet and it all went to hell. It seems to me as though 50% of the time you meet someone late teens to early twenties, eventually a proverbial pissing contest is going to break out to dispute who's got the most going wrong for them.

@Everyone
Ah, I've got to cut this short.. time to grab a shower while the bath is still accessable. I'll finish replying when I'm back.

Thank you, Everybody, for your responses :)

KitsToy
01-16-2009, 06:24 PM
@moptop and leo9
I do already have conversations with my subs/Doms, both before and after we play, discussing both our wants/needs/concerns/etc. I like to keep the fun - fun, and the dissapointment - away. I've had too many (well actually just a few) experience where we forwent any communication, and resulted in being either a rather dull experience, or too intense.

But.. asymetrical, and particularly Japanese, bondage has always fascinated me.. though I'll admit I've never done any research into its practice. Do you have any good references you could suggest? If not, please don't go out of your way or anything.. All I needed was the inspiration - I'd never even considered this to be a solution..

@fetishdj
I like the idea of a warm up and cool down, but how do you suggest mid-session exercises? Ahh, I'm feeling rather unimaginative right now.

I have always wanted to take couples massage and erotic massage therapy classes.. but for now, at least, I'm reserving that for when I find That Someone.

All of the above advice truly is sage ^-^ Thank you all again, not only for helping me with this - but also inspiring me to think of new ways to approach other things which I'd previously ruled out.
-Kit'sToy

Matin
01-17-2009, 02:00 AM
^.^

ok. dips. french dips are "sissy" dips, tho there's nothing sissy about them.

http://www.police.gov.hk/offbeat/842/images/s01_1.jpg

here are regular dips
http://www.tfsmedianetwork.com/ee/images/uploads/hesfit/dip.jpg

and it's true about how messed up our generation likes to say it is.

i blame jackass :d

but us martial artists really got it bad. you can't abuse yourself for so long and then just stop. once you're on it you really have to keep up conditioning or all the little dents and scrapes start to tell.

but if you can persist you WILL regain the range of motion, but it's going to suck. a lot.

lol me and my girl are both in that first phase too right now. i'll always be more than happy to commiserate

-matin

fetishdj
01-17-2009, 10:57 AM
You can do simple stretches before you get tied and after you get released from a tie easily enough. Most stretches are quick and simple things that can be done almost anywhere (I am not, for example, suggesting you get on the floor and do a whole series of pilates exercises every session :) ) Just do what you can when you can. Maybe talk to Master about allowing time for it (or even inserting orders to do it into your commands)

orchidsoul
01-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Great advice given. I've no experience with these medical conditions, so I'll refrain, but I do love Japanese bondage!

Here are a few pages in the library with some great links and information on japanese bondage:
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19518&highlight=rope+bondage
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4248
http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8832

good luck!

icey
01-17-2009, 06:50 PM
personally i would suggest you stay clear of most bondage, it might not be what you want to hear sorry but suspension is certainly out and any arms, shoulders,leg ties or anything that streteches the body or twists it into 'unnatural' positions too!
maybe breast/gental harnesses or perhaps a body harness such as a kikkou often known as tortoise shell in the western world could work for you?
and fetishdj is right, everyone should always do stretches immediately before and after playing.

KitsToy
01-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Ah, thank you for the links, orchid!

icey, I'm rather too fond of bondage to stay away from it altogether :) Most of the time, my injuries are not disabling- I still work rather hard, and put myself through quite a bit.

I've never had much problem being tied.. I'm looking for a way to feasibly be tied harder and longer. Which I may find out is simply not feasible, but it is still something I wish to explore. I've already ruled out suspension though, as well as hogtieing :(

Thank you all for the help
-Kit'sToy