PDA

View Full Version : Anal play and IBS

sinfulsex
01-23-2009, 08:53 AM
much as the title suggests im curious about anal play and irriatble bowel syndrome. it is a very common condition and having just read a thread on enemas i wondered what problems etc people have come across with ibs and anal play if any? i myself seem to have quite severe ibs (the docotr finally decided lol) and so could see it posing a few problems.

any replies would be great but i do understand its quite a personal topic

emma x

fetishdj
01-23-2009, 09:35 AM
IBS is a strange condition and the nature of that conditions makes your question (and the one in the enema thread) very difficult to answer. You see, when a doctor says 'you have IBS' what s/he is actually saying is 'We have no idea what the hell you have but we do know you don't have: bowel cancer/bowel obstruction/intenstinal or colon bleeding and a whole host of other things that we have tested you for and foind nothing'.

Basically, IBS is 'misc other', you have something wrong with your bowel that causes discomfort but we don't know what it is. Its probably not dangerous though so just take peppermint tablets whenever it flares up.

Which means anything you ask about it may not apply to your particular flavour of IBS as there are likely to be many different conditions which cause it...

My advice would be to try anal sex and see what happens. I doubt there will be any danger from it, it may even make things better in the same way as an enema can. I would advise drinking some peppermint tea before you try it (peppermint is a herb which settles the digestive system and can therefore sometimes treat IBS symptoms so it may prevent any upsets) and paying attention to how you feel afterwards (do you feel better, worse?) Keep a food and sex diary to track IBS symptoms and what you have eaten/done to see if there are any patterns.

sinfulsex
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
thanks fetish dj, you seem to know a lot about the subject, very knowledgeable, very useful thank you

fetishdj
01-24-2009, 06:16 AM
No problem. I know most of the above from the experiences of someone I know with the condition. Never tried anal sex with it, though, so let me know if it works :)

Twisted32
01-24-2009, 02:06 PM
I have IBS as well. It used to affect me BIG TIME when i used to have anal sex but now that my body is used to it and all that, for some reason, now its only affected when I eat certain foods or what not....good luck.

fetishdj
01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, I think food you eat is more important than what you do with your anus. For each person with IBS there are different foods which will trigger a bout. This is why a food diary is useful as you can use it to spot the patterns in occurance

Persaius
01-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I am another one with the IBS diagnosis, but really it's the rhythmic contractions of my gastro system (peristalsis) that gets out of sink. Anyhow, I have had no problems with anal sex. It has never had an adverse effect on me, it's just really, really enjoyable.

Fetishdj, I always like your posts. Thank you for all your info.

claire
01-30-2009, 05:17 PM
My IBS is caused by stress. So if anal sex is stressful it might trigger a reaction, but if you are relaxed and enjoy it or it is no longer new and scary it might not be a problem.

sinfulsex
02-02-2009, 11:15 AM
just to say thank you for all your replies :)

SauvagePouline
02-11-2009, 06:55 PM
ok a semi old thread.. but my 2 cents.

I also noticed that if you do enjoy anal play, IBS can screw things up, as if my tummy is already upset, any such play just doesn't work. And long time plug wear can also be difficult.

crisco
11-06-2010, 12:18 AM
i have crohns disease which is one up on ibs and i cant do anal with out 2weeks of pain afterwards from ripping open fiscures...oh they suck soo bad so my question is what were you talkin about as far as pepprmint tablets?