PDA

View Full Version : How Long To Take to Get to Know Someone Before You....

Guest020109
01-25-2009, 05:32 PM
OK so since I have started looking for a new Dom I have made the discovering everyone is different about getting to know the other person. Meaning how long do you get to know the person before you start playing with them? Or How long before do you wait to meet, or my favorite how long do you wait before having sex. I know there is no right answer to this, but I am curious how every one feels about it. I feel like a prude but I would want to wait 6 months of chatting and such before i met the person and maybe another 6 months of meeting and such before we had sex. Not sure how long i would wait before I would play with the person, I guess it depends on the person. I would like to hear everyone's opinions and stories :)

satisfied
01-25-2009, 05:37 PM
WOW I'm a slut! LOL. I think it's different with each person. It all depends on how well I click with someone. I could talk to someone for a year and still not make a strong connection. Yet when I met Master I made that strong connection in a matter of weeks. We met in RL about two months after meeting online and waited about 30 minutes after that to have sex. LOL.

SilverWulf
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Obviously everyone will be different and every situation will be unique.

As satisfied said, we talked for a couple of months before meeting and a matter of minutes before I was having my way with her when we finally met in person.

In my past the time interval has varied greatly. In one instance I knew the girl for 3 years before we played, and we never did have sex. In another case we met at a munch and left literally minutes later, followed by playing and sex as soon as we made it to my place. Others fall somewhere between those extremes.

Do whatever you are comfortable with. Do not allow anyone to tell you that you are wrong for having your own rules and limitations on meeting, play, or sex. If someone continually pressures you to abandon your self imposed rules then they do not respect you. Can you trust someone who has no respect for you?

good_girl
01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
WOW I'm a slut! LOL. I think it's different with each person. It all depends on how well I click with someone. I could talk to someone for a year and still not make a strong connection. Yet when I met Master I made that strong connection in a matter of weeks. We met in RL about two months after meeting online and waited about 30 minutes after that to have sex. LOL.

I'm with you there, usually I take a long time before meeting anyone (sometimes a year) but with my Master it was just a little over a month of phone and on-line contact, we met about noon, spent the day just hanging out together and within 10 hours :sex: we just clicked :D

Flying Ace
01-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Each relationship and interaction is different. If there is a true connect, then I could be a fast transition. If there is not a true connection, but a chance for one then it could take longer. Dont rush into anything by any means. If you rush then you will be left second guessing your actions. If 6 months is what your committed to, then 6 months or more is what it will take. It all boils down to each persons connection and commitment.

jeanne
01-25-2009, 08:31 PM
Everyone's different, that's for sure. I would caution you though - don't let your '6 month rule' prevent you from seizing opportunity. Life has a way of surprising us, and you know that fate laughs at our plans. :)

Carpe Coma
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
If the person is local, I generally meet them in a week to a month at the outside. There is no way in hell I would wait six months before meeting someone that I was interested in unless there were serious distance and money issues. That's a major waste of time. What happens if you get through those six months and you find that while you may connect online or on the phone, there isn't any spark in person? Or worse yet, what if the other person is lying/concealing something? In my opinion, it is much better to find out about those things earlier rather than later.

Ozme52
01-26-2009, 11:01 PM
Everyone's different, that's for sure. I would caution you though - don't let your '6 month rule' prevent you from seizing opportunity. Life has a way of surprising us, and you know that fate laughs at our plans. :)

Yep. You might say jeanne has first hand experience at seizing opportunity.

;)

Logic1
01-27-2009, 04:31 AM
To me that all depends on how well you "click" before you play but personally IŽd like to take my time before sex to get to know the girl. I am not much for just a fast "fuck".

Meet that person first and have a talk in public first a few times.
but as for 6 months, no not that long :p

Guest020109
01-27-2009, 08:56 AM
lol im just a prude which isnt like me at all :)

StormKat
01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
My single experience in this area was an email conversation that grew into increasingly hot chats for a couple months when we were both by coincidence going to be in the same place at the same time. So dinner was in order, with potentially hanging out for a couple of days if it felt right. Which it did. It was definitely an, um, educational experience for me, and a very good time! :264:

Sometimes you have to seize opportunities when they present themselves.

peterlesade
02-01-2009, 02:10 PM

I agree with Jeanne that you have to seize the opportunity while it presents itself. As long as you feel safe then go for it if you feel attracted enough to find out more or just stay online if you're not sure or you want the relationship to stay in the realm of imagination:)

thedominthehat
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Hmm looks like she deleted herself?

Ozme52
02-02-2009, 01:01 PM
Hmm looks like she deleted herself?

Could it be one of those online fetishes? :dunno: