PDA

View Full Version : What should I be doing?

Geasa
01-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Not sure if I am waiting for some kind of contact, or if I should do this assignment.

If it is do the assignment, here it is: -

Here the assignment:

What I would like you to do next is to write a short passage ( no more than 5 paragraphs but at least 2 paragraphs) describing something you feel passionate about. This does not have to be erotic. I am looking to see both how you use words and the emotion you can put into the piece.

I love to get lost in other worlds! A good story, the medium does not matter, just flat out does it for me. People have always commented on my ability to ignore them, in favor of a book, or the TV. My sister checked my pulse during Superman II, because I was so quiet. There is just something about that ability some people have, to lead you along a new path, or take you down a well trod one once more.

One of my favorite things in the world is to sit down and talk about stories, swap authors, introduce, or be introduced to new ones. Another favorite, pick up that well thumbed book, or worn copy of a film, and lose myself for a few hours with an old friend. I have a system, a brilliant story is one you can revisit straight away, a good one requires time to leave your memory, and a bad one you do not want to go back to.

Now you want to see me passionate, lets talk the first Batman film, or any of the other wastes of a good tale. It is a trap my friends set for people, did you like the Micheal Keaton Batman, one yes, and before they know it, they are treated to a microscopic reworking of the plot. Then there is the other side, I dare you to get me to read Ashimov, or Anna Rices' Vampire books, please stop the pain now. What is the fuss about? Why are they so popular? I admit, sometimes I find myself as that lone voice about something, but normally I can point you to the problem. Fringe, my sort of show, but who cast the lead actress, it just throws it off, the sex scene in 'Shiver', where you spend the whole time looking at her bra, or my personally favorite, waiting for the BDSM scene in an Anita Blake novel, she has to write a real one soon.

Now it is off to the pile of new works. The latest 'Wild Card', the last 'Saga Of The Seven Suns', or the 'Sword Of Truth' series? Decisions, decisions, or should I spend a couple of minutes proof reading my work?

Hope this is ok.

Regards,
Geasa

Aussiegirl1
01-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Thanks Gaesa, this was more than okay!

I like how you described how you can get totally lost in a book or a movie. I too can do that at times, and then am amazed at how fast time has gone. LOL

Okay, the next task I would like you to do is write a dialogue between two people. The setting and the characters are up to you. Please write a short passage at the start explaining the circumstances surrounding the dialogue. Once again, this piece does not have to be erotic and should not be too long.

If you are not already aware, start each new speaker's dialogue on a new line. Also be careful with your use of punctuation marks and commas.

I look forward to seeing how you tackle this next assignment. Have fun!