PDA

View Full Version : a quick ? for the slaves and subs

Ravenshurst
02-12-2009, 02:04 AM
IF you were looking for an owner, and IF you were having trouble finding one (as unlikely as that seems), and IF you were reading ads online, would you be more than likely to respond to an ad that was short, sweet and to the point to request more detailed information, or would the long, drawn out version by more likey to get a response from you?

Anyone want to guess where this is heading? LOL

Ravenshurst

Veralynne
02-12-2009, 03:08 AM
Personally, I met my Master by responding to His personal ad. What drew me to His was that His was long and detailed- and described exactly the sort of relationship He was looking for. Now- we've talked about this and we think it might depend on what you are looking for. Are you looking for something really serious? Would just about any sub do? If your ad is short and general it might appeal to more people- but if you really want to find a certain type of a person, a long detailed ad might be better.

Plus... I find the personals section boring with so many ads that are basically like "Dom looking for sub! PM if interested!" Uuuuugh. Why waste time PMing a million Doms? Put yourself out there a bit- tell a bit about yourself, what you are looking for, etc. You can look at my profile and under "statistics" see the thread I started that was my personal ad on the forums. You can do the same for my Master. These are the types of ads that I am drawn to- but then again, everyone is different.

This is just my $0.02. Do what you feel is best for you.

Ravenshurst
02-12-2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks for the advice veralynn...No, unfortunately I am looking for something really serious. So long and detailed it is

Ravenshurst

jeanne
02-13-2009, 04:14 AM
Don't forget to reveal a little bit of yourself - your sense of humor, your love of chess (or whatever). Long and detailed, when the details consist of a laundry list of requirements, is as bad as no details at all. So if you're looking for a certain age range, explain why. Perhaps it's because that's your age, perhaps you like more maturity, perhaps you prefer young and naive...

Be open, honest and sincere. That will hopefully bring you responses from others that are open, honest and sincere.

I wish you the very best of luck! :wave:

Willsubmit2
02-13-2009, 10:16 PM
catch my intrest like the first lines of a newspaper article. try capture my interest. :nnn:

Ravenshurst
02-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Thanks jeanne & willsubmit2....guess it's time to polish up the resume, lol. I have a friend who is convinced that there is someone for Me, and she has been bugging Me to place a personal ad, so...
Again, thanks to all of you for the advice. (note to Self: scratch the laundry list...)

Ozme52
02-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Yep. No laundry list. Many/most subs will adapt to your needs and will be kept enthralled by the slow discovery process. You will grow with them, so why limit yourself in the first place. LOL

Also, I heartily suggest participating in the forums... many subs who are not actively searching will grow interested as well. And while you can do the same in chat, what you write here will last, and you will benefit in the long run as well as the short run.

denuseri
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM
All awsome advice!!!

I would reccomend a combination of posting your views throught the forums, placing an inticing yet honest add in the personals and emersing yourself in the chat room.

fluffy
02-15-2009, 06:21 PM
personally? the more details the better.

we have to have some idea of what we are subscribing to ;-)

Sakura
03-07-2009, 05:46 PM
IF you were looking for an owner, and IF you were having trouble finding one (as unlikely as that seems), and IF you were reading ads online, would you be more than likely to respond to an ad that was short, sweet and to the point to request more detailed information, or would the long, drawn out version by more likey to get a response from you?

Anyone want to guess where this is heading? LOL

Ravenshurst

Not really about the length as much as it's about the structure. If it's constructed like it was his first time using a computer, then no thanks.

But, that's just me.

ravenbounduptight
12-15-2009, 09:16 AM
A happy medium. Give me enough information to get me intersted but always leave me wanting more. (in a good way).

~j~

Archeon
12-15-2009, 11:38 AM
Always a good idea to give SOME information. There is short and sweet and then there is "I want a dom"

The main thing is to make it look like you have thought through your personal add. It is very easy to tell, and if you are looking for more than a 1 night cyber play, it is probably worth putting another 10 minutes of effort into your personal add. Tell people what is relevant and that will make them want you.

Regards,

Arch