PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Dungeon

LoneWolf69sg
02-12-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi there! This is a question to all.

I have been playing around with the BDSM lifestyle for quite sometime and I am hooked.

I do have some toys, whips, canes, clamps, ropes, etc to play around with my subs.

But I have always desired to have my very own private Dungeon. Anyone out there knows how one can go about to create one? To actually change a portion of your house to become a dungeon.

What would be the tools and equipment recommended? How much would it cost?

I know that in certain countries the basement is an ideal spot but in Singapore we don't have basements, so what would be an alternative method of running your own private dungeon? Which part of the house?

If anyone can give me some info, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks! ;)

denuseri
02-12-2009, 12:11 PM
My Husband and Owner swears by Home Depot!

He had converted a set of two spare bedrooms in our old house into a dungeon/play area and more recently converted the old garage in the back yard here where we are now into a hidden dungeon which otherwise looks like a normal garage by day.

Its no more expensive than doing modifications/renivations depending on how extensive you wish to get

leo9
02-13-2009, 05:53 AM
When we moved into this house we had the loft boarded - for storeage, officially. But when time and money allow, I plan to fit out one end of it with lights and partitions to make a playroom. It has suitable exposed beams for suspension points, and even a solid upright post in the middle with wonderful possibilities...

denuseri
02-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I was going through some older threads while searching for my panties in the back shelves of the library (dont ask how they got there blushes its private lol) when i came accross this little thread that might help out the aspirering dungon builder.

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6905&highlight=children+home

fetishdj
02-14-2009, 03:06 AM
If you have the house to yourself (apart from play partners) then any room could be converted - pick a spare room and go nuts. You can do anything you want in there but there are a few things I think (personal opinion only) a dungeon needs to have:

- wooden floors. Proper, polished or painted floorboards for preference. Laminate will do at a pinch but if you have original floor that can be polished, great. This is ideal for atmosphere because a bound and blindfolded sub can hear footsteps. An alternative would be proper stone floor but that is rare enough nowadays (one of the reasons basements are ideal is because you often have stone or concrete floors which are good). You could also use stone tiling to get this effect.

- Suspension points. It is critical that these are secure and I suggest you take advice on them. But lots of places where chains and ropes can be tied to or looped round is good. A central pillar (as described above) or hook in the ceiling where a sub can be bound is useful.

- Decor. Needs to be atmospheric. Thick curtains (velvet) to cover any windows. Subtle lighting (covered lamps, no central light fitting switched on when you are playing). I also think covering the walls in curtains, drapes or whatever to loose the definition of the walls a little. Dark coloured paint/wallpaper. Alternatively, you can go the opposite and aim for stark white hospital look. IN which case the more light the better.

Pretty much anything else is furniture which can be bought or made to order and installed where you like.

If you intend to keep it as a dungeon all the time then I suggest having a lock on the door to prevent prying neighbours when they come round for coffee. Either that or think of some way of hiding the purpose of the room when not in use (i.e. covering all the furn

bpqueen
02-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I do not know how the houses are built in Singapore as far as ceiling beams and dividing room walls go, but I agree with most of what fetishdj posted, and if I may, I will add a little:

wooden floors. Proper, polished or painted floorboards for preference. Laminate will do at a pinch but if you have original floor that can be polished, great. This is ideal for atmosphere because a bound and blindfolded sub can hear footsteps. An alternative would be proper stone floor but that is rare enough nowadays (one of the reasons basements are ideal is because you often have stone or concrete floors which are good). You could also use stone tiling to get this effect.

This is also essential for cleanup after wax and blood play if you are into that. Just please keep in mind that padding (plush rugs or mats) should be on hand in case a suspension goes wrong.

Suspension points. It is critical that these are secure and I suggest you take advice on them. But lots of places where chains and ropes can be tied to or looped round is good. A central pillar (as described above) or hook in the ceiling where a sub can be bound is useful.

Exposed beams would definitely be the way to go, and you could even install an electric winch, but as long as you know where the beiling support beams are behind the drywall, you can attach hooks and eyebolts to the ceiling with the appropriate supports.

-Furniture. I would definitely lobby for at least a St Andrew's cross (my Master used 6x6s and burned them with a blow torch for a definite dark feel; subs attach by strips of satin so eyebolts are not needed), a bed (sturdy with a canopy if possible for fun bondage sessions) and/or couch, and a stocks or spanking bench for easy submissive positioning. If you are handy and the materials are available easily in Singapore, it is pretty easy to make a lot of these items...

If you are worried at all about the presentability of the room to the larger world, you can disguise the Cross as a footboard to the bed with some well positioned material tie downs, stocks can slide under the bed if they are built to disaggregate, and everything else can be placed behind a light cap or tied up out of the way when not in use.

Hope this helps! Good luck.

fetishdj
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Yes... should have mentioned the safety elements of hard floors opposed to carpetted ones... just be aware of the risk. It is probably best not to suspend over hard floors so maybe some padding (rugs, maybe) under the suspension points are an idea. They won't stop injury (not by a long shot) but they may make the difference between 'a few bruises, maybe sprained joints or broken bones' and death.

Actually... on an aside... I wonder if it is possible to get hold of the same stuff they put in children's play parks to make them safer. Many use woodchip but some have a sort of rubbery tarmac which is much softer than normal tarmac.

bpqueen
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Large foam baby play area pieces would probably work well. Although they usually come in neon colors (or alphabets)...

Tantalus
02-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Large foam baby play area pieces would probably work well. Although they usually come in neon colors (or alphabets)...

Nothing wrong with colors or alphabet!

derek88
03-01-2009, 09:42 AM
wow...

a fellow Singaporean...
Well, yeah, no basement for dungeon, but well, we have the fire shelter stallroom to be transformed into a dungeon...

haha