PDA

View Full Version : embarissing situation

charliegirlnaked
02-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I didnt really know where to post this but i selected here. I have a new counter with which i am slightly involved as we are both new to the life style (i have a bit more experiance then he as he has never experimented witht hte lifestyle before but was curious) and are enjoying exploring together. He is in the more dominant role. Last night after his 2 yr old daughter went to bed we were having a particularly rough play session and his daughter had a nightmare and walked in on us and became very upset, as we have never encountered this problem before (she usually sleeps through the whole night) we don't know how to explain the situation to her. Any suggestions and/or advice on how to balance playtime with parent time?

charlie

BryansGrrrl
02-12-2009, 01:22 PM
1. Lock the door to wherever you're playing. :) If you need to, set up a baby monitor so you can hear her just in case.

2. Depends on what she saw... as she's only 2, this will probably not scar her for life or anything, and she'll probably forget about it soon. I've found that if you don't make a big deal out of something, neither will the kids (at least when they're this young). *shrug*

charliegirlnaked
02-12-2009, 01:49 PM
thank you for the advice alas no door yet *sigh* new house remodle lol! but we are thinking of putting a baby gate at the other end of the hallway where she cant get into the room, or c anything! I do really like the baby monitor idea though we hadn't thought of that yet this way we can still hear if she needs someone, finally thank you for the reassurance that this wont scar her, I was kinda worried cause she started balling and i don't know large ammounts about children:)

SubmissiveDoll
02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I agree, she will mostly likely forget, as humans don't generally start to form lasting memories till about 4. However, if she seems distress, or brings it up, you might wanna talk to her. Otherwise leave it alone. If you talk about it, and she doesn't need it, it will reinforce the memory.

If she does need to talk, just explain that no one was hurt. Everyone is happy. And that it was just a game. Like maybe... football or soccer. People get hurt in those games, but they still enjoy playing them.

If the two if you seem happy, healthy and stable. She will mostly likely just ignore it. However, best to not have to worry about it at all. Baby gates and baby monitors are best. Get her the baby monitor for her. Tell her it's a gift. Make it something fun, like a neat way to get attention if she needs it. Most kids are afraid to get out of bed after a bad dream anyway. She will probably enjoy the idea.