PDA

View Full Version : After the clamps come off...

erish
02-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Again, i'm looking for advice from those with more real life experience than i, which i'm guessing is most folk.

My (Almost) Master and i have been having a lot of fun (somewhat painful fun in my case, but a good sort) with nipple clamps. He's also whispered interesting things in my ears about labia and clitoris clamping, but i think we're working our way up to those.

Anyway ... what i'm interested in learning are any 'after care' tips for dealing with the skin abrasion/irritation from nipple clamp sessions. Would a good moisturizer help? Anything specific to recommend? Should i just let them toughen up a little on their own?

i considered asking my sister, who's breast-fed two babies, but i'm not sure exactly how i'd phrase it and what i'd say when she asked me why i wanted to know... :D So i'm very grateful in advance for anything that people here have found useful.

Thanks!
erish

badlyguidedlittlemis
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
I don't find they need any specific aftercare, moisturising as normal in my case. My nipples have been pierced twice (rings no longer in) and have found that as long as the skin is given time to heal and recover from the pressure I have no long lasting negative effects.

I'll watch this thread as I'm interested how other's nipples react.

BryansGrrrl
02-23-2009, 08:20 AM
If they are abraded, then you can try lanolin, which you can find in the breastfeeding section of a store. After nursing twice, and being sore and bleeding from it, I can say with certainty that lanolin really does help. :)

bip0lar
02-23-2009, 08:21 AM
to be completely frank with you, no matter long the clamps have stayed on I never needed aftercare--heck, i've only put a sort of cream [a random hand cream, if i remember correctly], after quite an intense session that left my nipples aching for days; other than that, however, I can't help, they don't seem to mind what is done to them, really :P

miners_girl
02-23-2009, 10:07 AM
I'd recommend lanolin too as it's worked for me after heavy sessions too.

Miner
02-23-2009, 10:25 AM
one that works - lots of lanolin in it - is 'bag balm' (That is both a description and a trade name) - it's made for cows (post milking care) - lol - I used it for my hands, but a number of subs I knew in another city swore by it for their nipples too. It comes in a large tin - if there's a Lee Velley Hardware store near you - they sell it.

devilishsub
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I usually go for a good thick hand cream, preferably with beeswax, but for the really stubborn skin dryness I've used vaseline. I put a thick coat on overnight and it seems to do the trick.

This may not be the issue but if the clamps are metal you could have a nickel allergy. I have one and I can't wear cheap jewelery and its always much worse when I sweat (like during playtime) all of my clamps have to be coated or covered in some way so the metal isn't in contact with the skin. Just a thought.

fluffy
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
shea butter from the body shop works for mine, or E45 cream, but a couple of days rest works wonders?

fetishdj
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree with the potential allergy idea - coating the clamps wiht wax or getting rubber tipped ones may help.

The problem you are likely to come across is pain from ischamia reperfusion injury. Thats where an area of the body has been deprived of blood flow for a length of time and is suddenly released and has blood flowing back into it. The shock of the blood flow can be painful and as damaging as the loss of blood in the first place. It is common in stroke victims (when the clot shifts or is removed by surgery) and in accident victims with a crush injury (which is one reason why first aiders are not supposed to remove anything crushing a part of the body if they suspect it has been there more than 15 minutes - the reperfusion can kill the person or do irreperable damage).

In the nipples it is generally a lot less serious than it is above but you do need to be careful and ensure that the nipples are not clamped tightly for too long (usually 15 minutes). IN fact, most people tend to be real cruel bastards and clamp for 15 minutes, take off the clamp, massage to get blood back in there which causes more pain, then reclamp for another 15 minutes... rinse and repeat :)

Too long clamping can cause blood vessel damage and nerve damage if you are not too careful.

I've always found that the pain of clamping usually goes mostly away after a nice warm bath - it helps to reperfuse the tissue and sooths the grazed skin. Add some lavender oil (10 drops of pure essential lavender oil) to the bath as well as it helps to relieve pain and relax tense muscles which can exacerbate pain.