PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd assignment

Geasa
03-04-2009, 08:50 AM
Okay, the next task I would like you to do is write a dialogue between two people. The setting and the characters are up to you. Please write a short passage at the start explaining the circumstances surrounding the dialogue. Once again, this piece does not have to be erotic and should not be too long.

If you are not already aware, start each new speaker's dialogue on a new line. Also be careful with your use of punctuation marks and commas.

I look forward to seeing how you tackle this next assignment. Have fun!

This was a lot harder than you would think, that and the evil internet Gremlins did not help, so sorry it took so long.

The background: -

A phone call between a Lawyer, and one of her clients.

- - - -

"Hi Peter."

"Hello, Kate. What a pleasure to hear your voice."

"I can never work out whether you are very charming, or a dirty old man?"

"I am sure I would love to show you where I fall."

"Maybe one day, I will get lucky. Anyway, as much as I love taking to you, my boss will try and work out how to bill you for it."

"His invoices are so much fun, more creative than a John Grissom novel."

"I should tell him you said that, but then I would have to admit this call. I think I might have found you a new workshop. A client has just died, and their heirs want to sell up, and start spending. One of the properties is a warehouse, or factory, with some sort of apartment, and as soon as they said that I thought of you."

Peter shifted the phone, placed the sandpaper wrapped block on the work bench, and reached for a pad, and pen.

"I do so like the idea of you thinking of me. Would I be able to see it?"

"I begged the measuring job, we normally farm it out, but I offered the chance of a quick sale. I thought you could help me."

"Mmmmmmmmmm, begged did you?" Peter smiled, and went on. "Of course, you only have to tell me when, and were."

"I was thinking, if you were free tonight, we could measure, look round, and grab a bite somewhere."

Peter licked his lips at the thought of biting, and Kate. Down boy, you are twice her age, and she is so innocent, or maybe naive is a better word. The night's plans flashed in his mind, veggie pasta, and '24'.

"If I left now, I could do the shopping I planned, meet you, see the place, and then go back to mine for pasta."

"Your famous Veggie Carbonara, T raves about it, so see you about five."

"That was the plan, see you at five, and you can call her Jane you know."

"I know but she has issues trying to be two people, so it is just easier to use what she thinks of as her real name. See you soon."

----

Hope this is long enough.

Aussiegirl1
03-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks Geasa,

It is long enough and is also very good!

You managed to not only give me a small insight into both characters but also created an interest in what is going to happen that night!

Okay, I am not sure how long I will be here in level one ( as one of the previous level one instructors has offered to come back), but since it is still me instructing here is your next assignment.

You are to plan a story - you will need to set it out as listed below.

Setting

Characters

Time ( year, day, month, season etc)

Problem ( could be more than one, but it is good to start with just one clear problem)

Solution - think of a few ways you might solve the problem.

conclusion

any extra information you think could be necessary before you begin to write your story.

Please ask if you need any help.