PDA

View Full Version : Proper DM

ravenbounduptight
12-13-2009, 01:05 PM
okay i'm new to the local scene and i was thrilled to be able to go to my local dungeon a few weeks ago. It was fun, i watched my friend Playful Bottom to my other friend Morgan. (something i've never seen before, a male sub/female Dom type scene). i enjoyed it alot and so did they till one of the Dungeon Monitors/Masters came up to them after the scene and yelled at them over a misunderstanding. He was informed by someone watching that they did something that "wasnt" allowed but that wasnt the case. So already we're aware of the fact we have to watch our play when we go there.

Last night was aweful tho. i got tied up, part suspension, aka one leg on the ground. Playful tied me up and Morgan did impact play with me (it was my first time playing with her, and my first time doing impact play in public). i was having a great time. Playful and i have played MANY times, He is learning my reactions and when something is good/bad with me in a scene. So He and Morgan were in complete control. i was fine, i even started slipping into subspace. i loved it. And then out of nowhere someone starts touching my foot/leg, tugging on the rope that had my leg supported. i learched forward, my eyes snapped open, i almost screamed. Playful went and told Him, "she's fine, i'm readjusting the ropes and she's starting to go into subspace." Basically back off. Well i'm now out of subspace, in a fowl mood and i want to cuss someone out for taking away my good space so fast. i knew i might have fallen from jerking so suddenly away from the DM, but i just wanted done.

Playful went on to teach a Dom/Switch how to tie b/c she wants to learn how to do rope bondage. i had an enjoyable time sitting watching while trying to process what happened. For the first 10 mins i watched as He explained all the knots He was doing on her, the reasons, what to look for, what to do if a knot slips. All that intersting stuff (that i want to learn). Well He puts her in a harness, and the ropes go over the shoulders. The same DM said that the rope was around her neck (suddenly shoulders are now necks). The DM shoved Playful and Playful took the problem to Owner of the dungeon, who didnt want to hear what happen she just kicked us out.

So my question for Tops/Doms, What would You do if a DM stepped into a scene with out asking? Was it okay/am i just over freaking out now that i have time to proccess my feelings?

my question for bottoms/subs. has that ever happened to you and how did you feel after? did you feel like you shouldve done something more or said soemthing/not said something?

thanks

~j~

FirstBorn
12-13-2009, 01:23 PM
All i can say is this is excately why i dont go to RL communities and shared dungeons.

I have played for a long time and thou im aware i can still learn alot from others. I really cant be bothered with the rype of dom that gets off correcting others and they are indeed common.

Miner
12-13-2009, 02:01 PM
DMs are there to ensure the safety of participants, not to interfere with a scene. And any Dungeon Owner who wants to stay in business would make damned sure the DMs did not interfere. I would certainly not go back to a place that acted as you indicate. Nor do any dominants I know frequent such a place.

I've used "dungeons for rent" before. The DMs were all very circumspect. the one in your story is a creep, and I would not tolerate his behaviour!

Ozme52
12-13-2009, 02:06 PM
DM's need not be doms... just trained.

And the rules obviously aren't being equally enforced or evem properly explained... I've NEVER been to a dungeon where intruding on a scene (touching in this case) without invitation is permitted. (Incident-1)

The DM's (Incident-2) sound like the type who know just enough to be authoritarian but not knowledgable.

Don't presume it's like that everywhere.

ravenbounduptight
12-13-2009, 04:03 PM
i dont think it's like that everywhere. . .i wont judge everyone that harshly. But it makes me think twice about where i choose to play. i know i'm trusting my friend's judgement, He's going to let things cool down and then talk with the owner about if He is allowed back or kicked out for good. (others have been kicked out for the night).

But i told Him, and He's really good about my requests, that if i ever play out in public nobody is allowed to touch me with out asking. Whenever He says yes to my requests i feel so much better. i requested one other thing from Him the first time we played and He said yes and followed thru.

i'm just feeling down about it and i know i shouldn't feel like it's my fault.

~j~