PDA

View Full Version : Translator Program

misterperhaps
12-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Hello I'M new here. I found a writer whose stories I really like but it's all in German. Oh what torture. Is Google the best translator I'm gonna find? Or is there an application that gives a more accurate translation?
Thank you for your time
mitch mabee aka
misterperhaps

naicore
01-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Google translate is by far the easiest and fastest program you can use. Just remember it's not a 100% translation, so you might get a few translations lines that won't make much sense the first time you read them.

suissepervert
01-07-2010, 01:06 AM
I think it depends on your existing language skills. If you're able to read to some extent you can use a simple dictionary tool. I prefer QuickDic, it can also translate a few idioms and can suggest other words if that word you are searching has a typo.

It's free to download try googling for it.

Hope that helps you...

fetishdj
01-07-2010, 01:25 AM
You'll never get as accurate a transaltion as when you use a native, human speaker I'm afraid - things like colloquillisms never translate very well (for example, the french version of 'its raining cats and dogs' is 'its raining buckets' - a direct translation, as the software will get you, may actually be meaningless). Have you not thought of advertising for a German speaker to go through it and translate? If you go through a site like freelancer.com you can ask for a 'German speaker to translate erotic story' and offer as little as a couple of dollars for the job completion.

Venom
01-13-2010, 09:08 AM
fetishdj is right, a native human speaker always beats software. Furthermore, German is a far too complex language to be properly translated by programs. Are these stories online? Maybe even from this Library? Then give us a link. If they are not too long, I could translate one or two of them.