PDA

View Full Version : BDSM, coincedence, fate or past memories

IAN 2411
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM
BDSM, coincidence, fate or past memories

Last week I was very ill, I had for some strange reason and for the second time in my life I picked up the virus cellulites, a blood poisoning disorder. All you persons that have had this disease, will know how a person hallucinates on the first night while the poison is passing through the blood. The symptoms are flue like for the first eight hours until you get the correct antibiotics, and then you lose the temperature, the sweating and the feeling of being constantly cold. In fact apart from the red skin disorder that is covering my leg, I am back to normal.

Well it is about that first few hours that I am starting this post about, and about the dreams and hallucinations that may or may not have a significant role in our real life. Your probably asking yourself, what has our dreams got to do with BDSM; well I am asking the same question? Because in my hallucinations I was dreaming that I was a sub, not unusual most would say, but I was sub to a Chinese couple. Now this is where the dream went a little haywire because they were Chinese dragons, or rather they wore the Chinese dragons as their emblem or Avatar. They were fire dragons one was red and the other was blue/green. Ok, you might be saying what do you expect, you were hallucinating, and you are correct. However the dream kept coming back but not the same, I was there and so too were the Chinese but it was an extension of the previous story or dream. The dream or hallucination was so vivid and clear in my troubled night that it has imprinted itself on my mind, and so much that it has now prompted me to write a story about it.

We hear a lot about life after death and people going back in time, and I think it is called regressing, and how they talk about living another life. There is also a saying that we will keep coming back after we have died until we get life right. I expect you know what I am getting at, could we in the community, have been BDSM in a previous life [unanswerable]. But do any other persons on the site dream strange BDSM dreams, dreams that are a million miles away from what your actual roll is now. I have read things in the posts before the site crash, and that after reading the post I have had feelings of Déjà vie. That was the first time I have ever dreamt about anything swayed by a BDSM theme, and I found it a little un-nerving. Are we influenced by our past, or do we sub-consciously dream of these things, and without knowledge of the dream when waking, we again sub-consciously play that part or the part that appeals to us. It is a fact that we dream an enormous amount while asleep, but we remember few, to remember one dream is amazing, but to remember four or five that came in succession like I did in a story, now that is even more amazing.

This once again brings me on to another subject, but still part of the package of dreams. I write stories or rather books, but they are all on the same theme, Mistresses of pain and some poor sub that goes through hell. The books always have a happy ending, they also have romance or love, yes I am a romantic in real life, but is that bad? I was just wondering if my books might also be influenced by memories of a previous life, or just figments of the imagination. I never dream of these stories, I don’t even think of these stories, I just get a blank Microsoft word sheet and start writing. Where are the words in my mind coming from, I have never seen a Mistress of pain in my life and I have a low pain threshold, so I have to ask myself what is it all about?

Regards Ian

fetishdj
12-15-2009, 02:26 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful vivid dream there. Regardless of whether they are memories or dreams, I think you should still write the stories down. Some of the greatest art in the world has come from hallucinations and vivid dreams.

wyldrose
12-15-2009, 03:10 AM
i agree with DJ, whether they're past memories or dreams or hallucinations we can never be sure. All we know is that they're often very beautiful and thought provoking!

i've dreamed about BDSM only a handful of times, and each time, i was in the role i am in currently. Obviously my mind isn't as inventive as yours!

subslave123
05-23-2010, 07:57 AM
BDSM, coincidence, fate or past memories

Last week I was very ill, I had for some strange reason and for the second time in my life I picked up the virus cellulites, a blood poisoning disorder. All you persons that have had this disease, will know how a person hallucinates on the first night while the poison is passing through the blood. The symptoms are flue like for the first eight hours until you get the correct antibiotics, and then you lose the temperature, the sweating and the feeling of being constantly cold. In fact apart from the red skin disorder that is covering my leg, I am back to normal.

Well it is about that first few hours that I am starting this post about, and about the dreams and hallucinations that may or may not have a significant role in our real life. Your probably asking yourself, what has our dreams got to do with BDSM; well I am asking the same question? Because in my hallucinations I was dreaming that I was a sub, not unusual most would say, but I was sub to a Chinese couple. Now this is where the dream went a little haywire because they were Chinese dragons, or rather they wore the Chinese dragons as their emblem or Avatar. They were fire dragons one was red and the other was blue/green. Ok, you might be saying what do you expect, you were hallucinating, and you are correct. However the dream kept coming back but not the same, I was there and so too were the Chinese but it was an extension of the previous story or dream. The dream or hallucination was so vivid and clear in my troubled night that it has imprinted itself on my mind, and so much that it has now prompted me to write a story about it.

We hear a lot about life after death and people going back in time, and I think it is called regressing, and how they talk about living another life. There is also a saying that we will keep coming back after we have died until we get life right. I expect you know what I am getting at, could we in the community, have been BDSM in a previous life [unanswerable]. But do any other persons on the site dream strange BDSM dreams, dreams that are a million miles away from what your actual roll is now. I have read things in the posts before the site crash, and that after reading the post I have had feelings of Déjà vie. That was the first time I have ever dreamt about anything swayed by a BDSM theme, and I found it a little un-nerving. Are we influenced by our past, or do we sub-consciously dream of these things, and without knowledge of the dream when waking, we again sub-consciously play that part or the part that appeals to us. It is a fact that we dream an enormous amount while asleep, but we remember few, to remember one dream is amazing, but to remember four or five that came in succession like I did in a story, now that is even more amazing.

This once again brings me on to another subject, but still part of the package of dreams. I write stories or rather books, but they are all on the same theme, Mistresses of pain and some poor sub that goes through hell. The books always have a happy ending, they also have romance or love, yes I am a romantic in real life, but is that bad? I was just wondering if my books might also be influenced by memories of a previous life, or just figments of the imagination. I never dream of these stories, I don’t even think of these stories, I just get a blank Microsoft word sheet and start writing. Where are the words in my mind coming from, I have never seen a Mistress of pain in my life and I have a low pain threshold, so I have to ask myself what is it all about?

Regards Ian

a dream is something that occurs during rem (rapid eye movement) sleep, REM sleep is our brains way of forming new connections and healing itself. it is likely that the dream or hallucination has been influenced by your day to day life. a dream doesnt have a specific meaning but is our brains way of making sense of what has happened and is happening around us. the submissive part was probably influcenced by your lifestyle and the chinese couple and dragon symbol could have been picked up anywhere. (im a psychologist)

IAN 2411
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
a dream is something that occurs during rem (rapid eye movement) sleep, REM sleep is our brains way of forming new connections and healing itself.

Is this fact and or should i ask is it a proven fact and how was it measured in reality?

it is likely that the dream or hallucination has been influenced by your day to day life. a dream doesnt have a specific meaning but is our brains way of making sense of what has happened and is happening around us. the submissive part was probably influcenced by your lifestyle

Ok let’s take my lifestyle, i am 59 years old, i had up until five years ago had licences to drive any vehicle on the road. I had my own successful business for six years until i closed it down due to my Mistress /Wife’s illness. During the time of my business and twelve years previous i was self employed demolition working on some roofs without harnesses eighty feet in the air. I spent fifteen years in the Special Forces, 350 military drops and 120 free fall [sky diving]. Two tours of six months Northern Ireland, a tour of the Aden in the Persian Gulf, I was in Cyprus when the Turks invaded, I was with the last 26 British soldiers to leave Libya when that nice man Col Gadaffi threw us out. I would stand toe to toe with the best man still would now [I will stand my ground win or lose but i would never lose face]. Now which part of me is my submissive way of life.

At the time of the dream my wife had been dead 18 months and i was getting my life back together, [not forgetting but moving on]

and the chinese couple and dragon symbol could have been picked up anywhere.

I can live with that.

(im a psychologist)

I am sorry and with all due respect to you and your craft, but I lost faith in psychologists and psychiatrists a long time ago, but having said that I have never needed one even if my lifestyle says I should have. The reason for this is that i think you ought to read the 13 pages of [Victims of abuse support for submissive’s]

http://www.bdsmlibrary.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15730

Once you have read the stories and heard what some of the victims were told by these so called professionals you will see where I am coming from.

Jennifer Williams
05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Where are the words in my mind coming from, I have never seen a Mistress of pain in my life and I have a low pain threshold, so I have to ask myself what is it all about? You are certainly not the first person to wonder this! The Greeks chalked it up to the Muses, goddesses who inspired the creative ideas of all artists, be it poetry, music, painting, sculpture, what have you. And a lot of the artists I know these days still are not able to explain creativity any better than that. When a writer or musician friend of mine is suddenly stuck and can't create, I hear the phrase "My muse has left me." quite often.

I used to wonder where my creativity came from (I also am a writer), but now I don't worry about it so much. It doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy watching the story unfold and the surprise roads it can take me down. I get to learn a lot about myself; I say often "Wow, I didn't know that turns me on!" or "I had no idea I thought so much about ___."

I guess for some people, where a thought came from or why you are having a thought matters a lot. To me, that's not important; what's important is what I do with the thought once I have it.

fetishdj
05-24-2010, 03:10 AM
Is this fact and or should i ask is it a proven fact and how was it measured in reality?

Dreams do not only occur in REM sleep but are largely considered to be more likely to occur in this period. Everyone dreams all the time, you only remember your dreams if you wake up while they are still fresh. If you progress cleanly from stage 1 - 4 - REM then REM - 4 - 1 without interruption not only do you feel better when you wake up but you also rarely remember your dreams. If you get disturbed in REM sleep you are more likely to have better recall of dreams. This is why fevers, illness and nightmares are often linked - disturbed sleep means more chance of remembering dreams.

This was tested by getting volunteers to undergo sleep studies. They went to sleep in the laboratory with EEG monitors on them and the stages of sleep were noted and they were asked to recall what dreams they had. They were woken up during specific stages of the sleep cycle to see if there were differences in their recall.

And this is not psychology or psychiatry but neurophysiology :)

IAN 2411
05-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Dreams do not only occur in REM sleep but are largely considered to be more likely to occur in this period. Everyone dreams all the time, you only remember your dreams if you wake up while they are still fresh. If you progress cleanly from stage 1 - 4 - REM then REM - 4 - 1 without interruption not only do you feel better when you wake up but you also rarely remember your dreams. If you get disturbed in REM sleep you are more likely to have better recall of dreams. This is why fevers, illness and nightmares are often linked - disturbed sleep means more chance of remembering dreams.

This was tested by getting volunteers to undergo sleep studies. They went to sleep in the laboratory with EEG monitors on them and the stages of sleep were noted and they were asked to recall what dreams they had. They were woken up during specific stages of the sleep cycle to see if there were differences in their recall.

And this is not psychology or psychiatry but neurophysiology :)

Thank you man of the North, once again your infinite knowledge has cleared this subs mind.

It has also come to mind that if what you say is true and I have no reason to rebuff, then it must also be true that I am having some lousy disturbed sleep just lately. LOL

Regards ian 2411

Ozme52
05-24-2010, 04:07 AM
Even if one believes in past lives and do-overs, (for whatever reason,) the vast majority of you are on your first life. ;)

There are more people alive today than have ever lived and died. Regression dreams (as you put it) are far more likely to be a combination of normal dreaming combined with knowledge gained through reading history and reading or watching historical dramas.

Even regression dreaming (merely back to our own childhoods,) is largely discounted as being unreliable accounts of what happened to us as we grew up. Too much is colored by recent behavior and such dreams can even be unduly influenced by the person assisting in the directed dreaming.

I'd chalk it up to the fever and just enjoy the story your mind generated.

brwneydgirl
05-24-2010, 06:23 AM
I write stories or rather books, but they are all on the same theme, Mistresses of pain and some poor sub that goes through hell. The books always have a happy ending, they also have romance or love

A LOT of BDSM stories out there seem to have a heavy dose of "romantic love" to go along with them. I suppose it makes them easier to swallow for a wider range of people. I read them and I enjoy them but I understand that this is NOT always the reality.

I don't know much about past-lives or old souls being reborn or anything of that nature...but perhaps you write those storylines because it's what you're wishing for in your own life. A harsh/stern but loving mistress who will be exactly what you need her to be.

IAN 2411
05-24-2010, 08:42 AM
A LOT of BDSM stories out there seem to have a heavy dose of "romantic love" to go along with them. I suppose it makes them easier to swallow for a wider range of people. I read them and I enjoy them but I understand that this is NOT always the reality.

I don't know much about past-lives or old souls being reborn or anything of that nature...but perhaps you write those storylines because it's what you're wishing for in your own life. A harsh/stern but loving mistress who will be exactly what you need her to be.

So very true i had one just like that for thirty years until she died, but infuenced by it? Maybe just a little LOL. There is also the point that if you get too much of a good thing you dont like sharing it with others, but then i could just be telling others how it could be.

Regards ian 2411

subslave123
05-24-2010, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=ian 2411;871711]Is this fact and or should i ask is it a proven fact and how was it measured in reality? QUOTE]

this fact is proven that in the womb were the brain grows and develops the quickest and the most a baby has 100% REM sleep, a new born has 50% REM sleep, their brains are still developing rapidly and adults have 25% REM sleep, our brains still develop but not as quickly. REM sleep has been measure extensively in sleep clinics.
those who were woken during REM sleep recalled dreaming clearly giving specific details,almost all of those who were woken during non-rem sleep did not recall dreams and those who did had unclear memories.
i was not suggesting you were a submissive person and i meant no disrepect, i was only saying that the submissive part of your dream could have been picked up from your interest in BDSM, also there no time limit on when a thought will make itself prevalent in a dream as it is stored in the subconscious until our minds are able to deal with them. as for the comment about psychologist, you cannot tar eveyone with the same brush. yes some psychologist are insensitive but so are some people who are not psychologists, and i was by no means suggesting you needed to seek help from a psychologist, i see nothing wrong with this lifestyle, it is a choice. i was merely telliny you were i got the information from. people should only be encouraged to seek help if they are unhappy and want the help. i

IAN 2411
05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
as for the comment about psychologist, you cannot tar eveyone with the same brush. yes some psychologist are insensitive but so are some people who are not psychologists, and i was by no means suggesting you needed to seek help from a psychologist, i see nothing wrong with this lifestyle, it is a choice. i

You are correct of course, and i think perhaps i did have a narrow minded aproach and it is very easy to point the finger.

Regards ian2411

13'sbadkitty
05-24-2010, 05:40 PM
i have read that chinese medicine uses things like this to tell them what medicine our bodies need, i have a curious wonder if there was a way to find out if there were certain medicines represented in the symbolism present in your dream? i do though believe there is a reason to believe in past lives influencing current lives, atleast a native american medicine man i studied under told me so as did many other spiritual leaders i have gotten to spend time around as spiritual beliefs interest me quite alot.