PDA

View Full Version : snuff

VLMarquette
01-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Let'sd Get Bacl Tp Tje Subject, Shall We???

I think we have starred from the subject just a bit.

The question is still very much active, gentlefolk. Should we or should we not allow stories involving snuff to be welcome in this site?

And I still am going with the majority that still stand on free speech. Censorship is just a big ugly dog, that I don't think we should take out of his cage.

Okay, there, I think I've took the subject and turned to back around to where I think we should have stayed.

Now I'm not naming names, and Goddess knows I dragged this thread off more than once. But, hopefully, I think we can go back on with the subject.

V.L. Marquette.

Kallie Thomas
01-04-2003, 06:19 PM
There are folks in this world who think that homosexuality is the most abominable of sins, right up there with murder, certainly worse than coveting cows or wives. Any story posted with a homosexual theme would be beyond distasteful to them--it would send them into a paroxysm of righteous indignation.

Shall we pull the homosexual stories to protect their sensibilities?

Obviously, rape is a terrible thing--take it from one who's experienced it both as a victim and as a counselor who works with victims. Awful, awful thing, devastating, terrible. I have no doubt that some who see rape fiction are completely horrified by it, sickened that it would even exist.

Let's pull those rape stories.

Bestiality--whoo, boy, no quicker way to inspire many people to fits of vomiting. Unnatural, sickening, disgusting.

Do they really have a place here? Anywhere?

And how about torture? Binding breasts, piercing flesh, whipping bare asses and grinding metal bars through clits. Andrea Dworkin would just shit, wouldn't she?

Maybe we should get rid of that stuff, too.

Or maybe--just maybe--we should realize that all of this is fiction. It's make-believe, it isn't meant to condone or encourage real actions in real life. In my world, if something comes on the TV I don't like, I change the channel. A book comes my way that truly offends my sense of right, I put it down. A song comes on the radio that makes my ears bleed, I find another station.

And if a story is posted on this site that I find unpalatable, I click that little X up in the corner and move on. I notice that many here respond the same way--makes my heart sing :-)

There, I've weighed in, for what it's worth. Good days, folks.

;-)
Kallie

drake7
01-24-2003, 09:36 AM
In a forum for free expression why should anything be removed?

No one is forced to read any of these stories or (Moderator forgive me :D ) even to continue coming to this site. If anyone doesn't approve of snuff stories then don't read them, and if you feel very strongly about it then find a site where snuff stories are not present. The fact remains however that snuff stories appeal to some.

Drake.

BDSM_Tourguide
01-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by drake7
In a forum for free expression why should anything be removed?

No one is forced to read any of these stories or (Moderator forgive me :D ) even to continue coming to this site. If anyone doesn't approve of snuff stories then don't read them, and if you feel very strongly about it then find a site where snuff stories are not present. The fact remains however that snuff stories appeal to some.

Drake.

Okay. You're forgiven. ;)

VLMarquette
01-26-2003, 09:29 PM
When I posted my reply the first time, it was meant to continue the thread that we have all be working on. When I realized that I had accidentally creating another thread dealing with snuff, I had backtracked and tried to figure out a way to delete what I had just done. But it would seem that there are others who still feel the need to voice their opinions. That is fine, more power to all of you. Just wanted to put in my two cents so that you all understood that I was not losing my reason by posting twice. This was the one that was the accident. But hey, that's cool. And just one tiny thing before I go. If this site was homophobic, I wouldn't be on it.

Ronnie

Mobius
01-28-2003, 08:08 PM
Enough already

We had already decided on the poll for deleting snuff stories thread.
That if you do not like the topic you best not read it.
"Hello" use the codes. that is what they are therefore.

Just like I use the codes to screen out the "gay (in my opinion) Fem Dom stories,or the disgusting scat stories. And other things that I am not going to waste my time looking through.
This is an open forum and web site there are things that do not turn my crank but it may turn the crank of others.
I am not gong to ask or demand that it be removed for the sake of my taste.

Unough of this thread it is done already. lets move on to somthing more interesting like who is going to come up with a vb spell checker. (yes I know that I am spelling challenged)

Mobius
01-28-2003, 08:09 PM
next person that talks about censoring snuff storys
or any other topic
just joking of course (fbi)

VLMarquette
01-30-2003, 10:59 PM
This requires a quotes. Really it does.

This is what is gong to happen to the next person that talks about censoring snuff storys
or any other topic
just joking of course (fbi)

LOL, no fair, That was such a delightfully interesting visualization, and then follow it with up with just joking.

V.L. Marquette.

blackshadowmast
01-31-2003, 11:43 PM
My views are if you don't want to read about that kind of stuff, don't. There are stories of incest and bestiality out there. That may not be the same kind of stuff, but I'm sure somewhere someone out there is offended by these kinds of stories. So shall we ban them too? Freedom of speech is freedom of speech for all things not for a select few subject or ideas.

Curtis
04-29-2003, 12:24 AM
I realize that this thread was dead and probably no one will appreciate its re-animation, but my personal opinion is that 'snuff', along with the killer triumvirate 'romantic-consensual-light' is usually used on this site as a short-hand for "This story is badly written -- pass it by". The only general exception to that rule is anything written by Kallie Thomas (although a couple of Faibhar's aren't too tough to stomach -- and I still haven't forgiven Kallie for killing that dog!).

Most of the snuff stories seem to be simple brutality, devoid of erotic content and designed to nauseate rather than to arouse. I realize that this is my own personal predjudice showing, but I always have to wonder about the misogynistic tendencies of the authors of these stories.

No, I don't think any of these stories should be banned. If you're going to start banning (which, obviously, you are not), I'd vote to start with the 'pedo' and 'scat' coded stories but, fortunately, we seem to be mature enough to say, "Your kink is not my kink, but I support your right to be kinky."

I notice that this site does not attract many of the "safe, sane and consensual" snuff stories that abound on other sites, and I wonder why that is? (The human meat-packing plant stories on this site would probably qualify.)

veru_skjava
06-01-2003, 02:43 PM
Hmmmmmm

May I suggest 2nd Chance by slave ruthie?

This author has had "snuff" in several of her stories, yet the caliber of writing is outstanding.

Just my 2 cents. :)

veru skjava

Tractortorture
06-03-2003, 03:12 AM
I don't read M/M or F/M stories as they don't interest or stimulate me.

I wouldn't want to stop anyone who enjoys reading these stories from reading them. One of my favorite things about this site is it caters for a wide range of tastes in its stories.

If snuff is what the writer considers to be the best ending of a story, then so be it. It is FANTASY not REALITY & all stories have a coding.

If you don't like whats on the coding then don't read the story.