PDA

View Full Version : I give up

Kallie Thomas
01-04-2003, 09:33 PM
Constructive reviews I can handle. Reviews from idiots who can't SPELL review I can take, too. But I've just--I give up.

Kallie

write4jetc
01-04-2003, 09:53 PM
oh, oh, this sounds serious.

take several deep breaths, remember that you write for the pleasure it gives you, and walk away from the computer for awhile.

the internet is good for bringing disparete groups of people together, but it also gives a lot of idiots access to you, access you can't control beyond ignoring them.

please don't despair - I still like your writing :)

veru_skjava
01-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Kallie,
I have not checked the reviews of your stories to see what is upsetting you, however I really enjoy your writing and hope this frustration passes.

Good advice Amanda.

veru skjava

Finding_Fantasy
01-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Ignore the bad and remember the good. :) Ig I quit everytime I got a bad review, I'd never have written anything! Just remeber that there are people that enjoy your work and those are the ones that count.

BruceBoxer
01-05-2003, 03:32 AM
Kallie,
'Tiz frustrting I know--I get great reviews and terrible reviews which proves Lincoln's observation that you can't please everybody all the time. And it also adds credence to an even greater thinker's saying, Rick Nelson's: "You can't please everyone so you better please yourself."

I chastize myself when I find myself getting upset over a bad review. While it's an artist's temperment thing, I soon realize that to have and enjoy a "high," you just have to endure the "low."

Well, that's a lot of Zen crap huh? But true for me--I like ya :)

Boxer

Originally posted by Kallie Thomas
Constructive reviews I can handle. Reviews from idiots who can't SPELL review I can take, too. But I've just--I give up.

Kallie

BDSM_Tourguide
01-05-2003, 05:14 AM
At least your stories GET reviews. LOL

I have 3 out of like 30,000 readers.

Mr. Munch
01-24-2003, 10:28 AM
I registered with this site just to say this to you. I feel you are the best writer posting here. Don't let one Fidiot discourage you. You are a talented storyteller.

kimberly
01-27-2003, 07:52 AM
Kallie,
I am sorry to hear of your bad reveiws.....rivews....reiviews..... revieues....eeerrrrrr comments. *winks* .... chin up girl, one never knows when something wonderful is out there for us to swallow .... eeerrr .. um.... well...... you know.
*giggles*

Kallie Thomas
02-07-2003, 04:20 AM
Thanks, all. I made my decision last week to come back--of course, the site has been down. Coincidence?

Probably.

I've made a decision, though. A lot of stories I've held back because I felt they were too outrageous, too over-the-top, too absolutely unrealistic, though they gave me great pleasure writing. No more--virgin sacrifices, sexual enslavement by aliens--you name it, I've probably written it, and I will probably put it up on the site.

Thank you again.

Kallie

redEva
02-07-2003, 07:07 PM
My mom told me long time ago: if you have nothing nice to say, keep quiet! and you know what - it works. I’m sure there are lot of ppl (as you can see from responds to your post) that like your work, and there are some that don’t – thank Gods we have different taste and preferences. Criticism is hard to take, but try to take it easy – constructive ones are rare – mean ones : ignore! Good luck :)

veru_skjava
02-13-2003, 02:15 PM
I for one (and there are lots others too!) am very glad you are back Kallie!

And please please yes over the top? GO FOR IT

giggles and is gone.... for now

veru skjava

BDSM_Tourguide
02-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Hopefully, Jinn will be able to begin updating the site again shortly. I'm looking forward to reading some of your new stuff. I need to get off my fat ass and write some, too, though.

*Sigh* So much to do, so little time. I need a clone.

LIONESSINBOOTS
02-22-2003, 08:40 PM
kallie,
over the top i agree with that the wilder the better:P don't worry about what everyone else thinks . this is your talent and something you do foryour ejoyment so just be true to yourself . there are always going to be people that complain about something but just remember its your writing your creation to do with what u want so go for it girl !!:)